Brent Stanton?

Started by sntran23, May 11, 2011, 07:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: elephants on May 12, 2011, 01:16:20 AM
I know, had him all of last year...
Who else do you suggest?
Marc Murphy ?
Joey after his suspension? Is it one or two matches?

Benny Jacobs! haha

I'd EASILY prefer Marc Murphy over Brent Stanton in my side....

Are you chasing league or overall?

Stanton isn't the worst choice ever, especially if you wait for him to drop heaps

elephants

If Joey pleads guilty he is only out for one match. Then I could bring him in on round 10 after he drops a little more after not reaching his break-even and then bam. I swoop.
I'm glad we spoke nails :)

elephants

I am going for overall
Joeys next bye is round 14

Nails

Quote from: elephants on May 12, 2011, 01:21:26 AM
If Joey pleads guilty he is only out for one match. Then I could bring him in on round 10 after he drops a little more after not reaching his break-even and then bam. I swoop.
I'm glad we spoke nails :)

Me too :) Nearly 2 stars haha.

So ummm who are you actually getting in? lol

elephants

Nails

Quote from: elephants on May 12, 2011, 01:26:47 AM
Joey in round 10 :)

I'm really not sure why everyone is sooo sold on Joey

Yes he has been a gun in the past... but this year there's no Hayes, more likely to cop a tag and well... he hasn't shown much at all year. Premiums aren't always premiums every single year. I don't see anything to indicate Monty returning to his 112+ average of years previous.

elephants

Gaaaaaaah not again :)

I see the chance to get some one who can POTENTIALLY average 115+ for under 400k is a fricken bargain. Also the saints WILL improve at some point this year Nd when this happens so will joeys scoring output. Don't forget his Top score this year is 126 so we know he can still score very well he just needs to do this on a more regular basis.

Nails

Good luck :) You'd hope the Saints turn it around as that 126 was against iirc the only team the Saints have beaten this year.

If they start winning some he could be a great pick up... but I'm not going to take a gamble on someone scoring 80 every second week... UNTIL he knocks out CONSECUTIVE 105+ scores.

elephants

Oh man. Hahah so who do you propose matey? :)

Nails

Invest your funds into the bank, earn interest and pick up Mundy!

Haha, what's your financial situation anyway? What's your limit?

Stanton/Monty might be your best bets, I don't know the situation you're in :(

elephants

Midfield of
Swan, Boyd, bartel, Mitchell, swallow, libba
Bewick, harris, hibberd
19k left
Keen on Joey as he would comement the mids nicely but that makes for 5 saints when I bein in gram go the backline.
Marc Murphy? That would make Marc and Gibbs my only blues? Paying a tad more For him though!

Nails

I'd want them in this order

assuming 411K is the most you can afford (19k left? ???)

Murphy, Monty and Stanton

Murphy already scoring 105+ more or less as cheap as he's going to get.

Monty and Stanton both with huuuge Break evens...

Although the whole Essendon and Carlton byes mess things up.

Oh I don't know, I'm going to bed :P :(

Possumo

Quote from: Nails on May 12, 2011, 01:09:27 AM
Quote from: elephants on May 12, 2011, 01:04:50 AM
People say burnt because of his inconsistency. I personally love him and he single handedly won me top of the table clashes last year with his 145, 139 and his 134 in rounds 1, 5, 16. I am locking him as sixth mid :)

NONONONO

People say burnt because he averaged ~150 in last year's pre-season. He was the best player of the pre-season last year and then only averaged 99ish...

and I'm pretty sure everyone traded him in after some big midfield gun got injured or was their upgrade target I forgot who...

but after averaging 119.66 from rounds 1-7 (just enough for everyone to trade him in) He went on to average a measly 91.07 from rounds 8-22.

It's as if he body wears out after/during round 7. No thanks. Subbed out rd7 this year, rd7 was his last good game of his premium run last year...

Coincidence ?

Yep, I was one of the suckers who traded him in at his peak, and he was hair pulling in the inconsistency of his scoring. To be fair, it was my first season :P

elephants

Very good plan I should probably go my self. :) I think i will take Marc reasonably unique :)