Brent Stanton?

Started by sntran23, May 11, 2011, 07:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sntran23

hey everyone,

i dont have any evidence of this, but i think i read on the AFL site on the weekly page "in the mix" that stanton may have some sort of shoulder injury, and may be rested this week? anyone see the game last week that can shed some light on the topic? he was subbed off pretty early, so im not sure.

elephants

looking to pick him up in a few weeks so please dont be injured.

Master Q

I haven't heard anything...

Boomz

Yeah was listed after the game that he hurt his shoulder didn't see what happened but with a 6 day break and with his fear of flying he will probably get a rest this week...

elephants

realisticly though thy else would essendon sub one of their best midfielders at half time while trailing by 2 goals. he must have had some sort of niggle?

Andrew

Essendon have 2 more games then their first bye. Stanton has a high b/e for his next match so even if he misses one, he should be ripe for the picking after the bye. I'm giving this a punt due to the price, even though I don't rate Stanton as top 10 DT midfielder (can score huge though).

LF

he isn`t on essendons injury list so he may be ok but then like boomz said maybe he will get rested this week as a precaution.

elephants

would love to nab him for 350k
his games are against brisbane and the tigers so to be honest he should ton up in both.

Slap

he has burnt me once, I will not let him burn me twice.

elephants

Quote from: Slap on May 11, 2011, 07:48:02 PM
he has burnt me once, I will not let him burn me twice.
come on! live life on the edge!?

Boomz

He didn't train... Sounding more & more likely he won't play.

Master Q

Quote from: BOOMZ on May 11, 2011, 08:00:27 PM
He didn't train... Sounding more & more likely he won't play.
Hmmm. If he didn't train then you'd think he won't play - It's Wedenesday and he was the sub  ???

Problems

He has to pass a fitness test on his shoulder if he's to play this week

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/113556/default.aspx

C-Dogg

he does need a week off

browny_wce

that would be 2 weeks off as the Bombers have the bye next round

recon the fans booing him off would have any effect