Finished team by round 13

Started by Ziplock, May 11, 2011, 03:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Basically, I just went over it, and I believe I can essentially finish my team by round 13.... but I'll only have 6 trades left. It'll give me a team as follows

Gibbs, Deledio, Heppell, Adcock, Goddard, Enright, Shaw (rookie rookie rookie)

Swan, Pendles, A Swallow, Boyd, Selwood, Watson/Mitchell  (rookie rookie rookie)

Cox, Sandilands (smith/rookie, jippett)

Goodes, Franklin, Nvoldt, Jvoldt, Rioli, Higgins, Petrie/Pavlich (petrie/rookie, rookie, rookie)

If I get pavlich in I'll probably be closer to 4 trades, maybe 5 if I'm lucky, if I'm really lucky, 6.

so... thoughts?

Stocutz

nice side leaves it a bit tight for injuries.

plus factor in one of ur players will more than likely get an injury brfore than. ala grimes curnow this week who knows next week?

good team, id want a few more trades tho, maybe 8

good in theory

Ziplock

yeah, I know one of my players will cop an injury before then, I'd also prefer 8 trades, but hey, you can't win them all :P

TMurphBROWNLOW

solid... but your trades are way too thin. you've got some injury prone players and if they... you know..... :P..... then you're down to about 3 come finals.

Ziplock

Chapman Adcock Higgins and Rioli?

Yeah, I would be kind of boned come finals... I'm definitely thinking mitchell over watson for this reason, trade A Swallow and hope to god I win my first round (I'm finishing top 4 easily this year), then the cats bye is alright, trade out gibbs for semi final, and upgrade heppell for grand final

which would leave me with exactly 0 trades

but I would however have a raging hardon :P

+ that team looks like it'll be averaging over 2100 easily... :P

greco272

This makes sense and all, but your looking way to far into the future everyone knows in supercoach things can go from good to bad very quickly.

Maybe just take it one week at a time. Your final team does look good though but just think everyone else is gonna be in the same boat so you gotta find players that seperate your team from the rest!

CFC 1979

slow and steady wins the race

TMurphBROWNLOW

Ziplock

Petrie isn't injury prone... he broke his foot, once. That's like saying Barlow is injury prone because Palmer ran him down.

between 2003 and 2009 petrie played 22 games a year for 5 years, and played 21 games in the remaining years.

love4thegame

Quote from: Ziplock on May 11, 2011, 03:39:55 PM
Petrie isn't injury prone... he broke his foot, once. That's like saying Barlow is injury prone because Palmer ran him down.

between 2003 and 2009 petrie played 22 games a year for 5 years, and played 21 games in the remaining years.
+1

TMurphBROWNLOW

i'd still put him into that category... fresh off an injury :P

Ziplock

bahhh grasping at straws... now he's properly readjusted to AFL lvl football, he's looking fine :P

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Ziplock on May 11, 2011, 03:43:51 PM
bahhh grasping at straws... now he's properly readjusted to AFL lvl football, he's looking fine :P

hehe he'll be alright ;)

Talisman

Quote from: greco272 on May 11, 2011, 03:34:29 PM
This makes sense and all, but your looking way to far into the future everyone knows in supercoach things can go from good to bad very quickly.

Maybe just take it one week at a time. Your final team does look good though but just think everyone else is gonna be in the same boat so you gotta find players that seperate your team from the rest!

A lot of people do say don't look too far into the future, however, I believe it's better to at least have a rough outline as to how you will getting to your "final team", otherwise you can just drift along with no plan, & will be more likely to make silly, spontaneous trades just before lockout IMO.

Have a solid understanding of what type of players you are looking to upgrade/downgrade to, then try to stay fairly close to that, without buying into hype about every player that has 1 or 2 cracking games. Of course you must stay flexible with injuries, players getting outside your price range, etc., but knowing what you want your team to end up like may actually be very beneficial in the long run.

So good on you mate and good luck! Hope your team ends up looking very similar to the one above! Cheers!  :)

RiOtChEsS

if ur not in the hunt for overall id take ur time and leave 2 down ups until later in the year just incase LTI's hit hard

other than that the finished team would be very impressive 8)