What The ????? SC Scores

Started by tony73, May 31, 2009, 12:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony73

Herald Sun listed Pavlich as 89pts at 3/4 time yet he ends up with 80pts.
Did he have that many clangers in the last???

Or do they list unofficial scores? Please explain

Blueboys

Must have been a error. 80 is low for pav, I was going to pick him up this week too, might see how goodwin goes today!  :)

tom_rox2

um well this has been happening a bit with player i think e.g chapman last week was on 80 at 3qrt time and ended up with 69. i was watching the game and he easily had some effective disposals before he went off injured and no clangers. now pav. i think it is to do with SC riging the scores. All scores of both teams add up to about 3300 :(.

tony73

Well I'm scratching my head ???

Ablett had 6 possesions with 1 goal at quarter time yet he had 59sc points WTF thats nearly 10 pts a touch.

Must be a different scoring system for GOD or bloody awesome efficiency ;D

Oh well he's in next week with that sort of help

Prospector_1

Get it right, "Son of God". And in that case, of course he has a different scoring system!

d a m i e n

Ablett had 4 touches in the quarter, 2 of them were ineffective yet he got 30 points  :-\

jeffy

its bullshower u cant just make up scores.... it seems abit rigged

antman

Look supercoach scores aren't back and white like dreamteam they depend on a whole range of factors like if their team is winning or losing what they did in time their teams took control of the game, that would be why pav score went down his team didnt win but earlier in the game they were winning so the effectiveness of his game would have gone down.Yeh thats as clear as mud. ???

Prospector_1

That is the mud of SC, which is why many prefer DT!

BlueBoy

For those of you that haven't read how supercoach scores are developed.  They do relate to the pressure the player is under, the importance of the goal (ie to win or in a 100pt win) and the effectiveness of the kick.  At the end, the scores are standardised to all equal around the same...this means that games that are shootouts, there in't 100 for everyone when in a 54 vs 60 game there is barely any points.  This allows the games to be equally weighted.

Pavlich, on 89 and 3/4time, may well have done a little bit, but all scores might have slightly decreased.  If you remember back to last year (when we had live GOOD scores) the scores used to change a little bit at the end of the game to adjust for this.

Prospector_1

Blueboy, worth posting the explanation, thanks.

Have to say, though, that there's "a little bit", and there's what people have been saying has happened.

The adjustments this year sound like more than "a litle bit".

HOT RUMOUR  -  So that's why there's no live SCores?????

Bmo23

yeah i was told that there is 3300 give or take 10 points up for grabs in each game, no matter how good or ugly the game is. I checked the sport section in herald sun on mondays and sure enough both team points combined equal that number..........how dodgy is that? 

tony73

Thanks Blueboy for some clarification, but then lets take Pav out of the picture and look at Selwood V Ablett, same game

Selwood 37 pos 2 goals 7 marks

Ablett 30 pos 2 goals 3 marks

I did not watch the game but all reports were Selwood was BOG and most possesions were as usual contested. who scored more SC points!
::)

BlueBoy

Oh...hi tony...

Umm, yes..i have seen this many a time.  There's obviously so many factors to an SC score which can get points anywhere.  Clearances are rated pretty highly i hear, especially in close games.  And i do think SC does lose a bit on some games...i remember one game a few weeks ago where (i'm a carlton fan...) M.Murphy wouldve got a guanranteed 3 brownlow votes, a very solid performance, but i came on sc and he got 105 or something...and gibbs, judd and some others did just as well as him if not better.  I do think it's hard for SC to pick the BOG, mainly because certain things you notice more about players when watching the game, rather than who's kicks were contested and 100% to the advantage of the team.

Prospector - i did actually think that too.  But i actually think supercoach lost some people due to the live scores thing.  It's quite annoying how DT have updated league scores live in the game, so you can watch the last game of the round as they creep up closer and closer to your score.  It wouldn't be worth it for herald sun.

dan667766

Im with Tony on this and here is another two

Swan   D    EFF%    K     H     G     B      T     CL     C     SC
            48   73       22     26     1     2      1     6     3     166?????
I know this is a great score but 48 disposals with only 3 clangers and 18 more than Ablett to be only 16 pts more than Abblett is a hoax.

Sewell 31   71       13     18      0     6     10     4     2     113
A friend of my was at the game and said that Sewell was on absolute fire also to note was 11 contested poss and 8 inside 50's

Ablett 30    70     9     21     2     2       9     7     2     150
16 of these uncontested and with 0 inside 50's

GAbbett = rigged
Bit more transparency would be better, SC is seeming way to subjective, and to many grey scoring areas. And i for one am finding it frustrating.