Main Menu

Pies V Cats

Started by Cruiseon, May 09, 2011, 03:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

awesome last qtr... only saw the last qtr but that was finals footy 8)

bunyip

Good to see abig game live up to it's hype

ossie85

That was a great game in the end, think both sides were lucky at times, Cats thoroughly deserved the win

bunyip

I think Geelong have surprised a few people this year Ossie (including me). It gives the season another interesting little facet. Nothing has really changed. It is interesting though that teams seem to lose the game after their bye.

Cruiseon

A delayed response but a very good game which lived up to expectations. I did have one too many beers at the game but it was an enjoyable night.

Pies obviously lucky to hang in early but in the first half Ottens really hurt us before he surprisingly ran out of gas a little. Selwood is a gun, probably my favourite Geelong player since Budda Hocking & Bartel was class when required. Pies still have a lot more to give with Didak being carried. I know he didn't do a pre-season and had a horrible injury but he is about due to play himself into some form. Dawes was well held and Wood tries hard but we all now his limitation. I really think Geelong ned to rethink Hawkins approach, he just isn't very effective. Had the Pendles goal rightly been allowed, it would have been a tough result on Geelong with the real margin for the night probably reflected by around 2-3 goals.

But we jostle, we joust - I have a horrible feeling injuries will play a big part and lets just hope the likes of Selwood, Swan, Bartel, Pendles, Ottens, Jolly, Cloke & Scarlett are all fit and playing in about 12 weeks times.   

bunyip

Injuries are an important factor. Collingwood missed Jolly.
I agree with you that the umpy was a bit quick with that second whistle. But thats part of the game. Lets face it, the umpy hardly ever effects the result of a game, this time he did. It was a mistake, but it's easy in hindsight to say he should have waited another second or two.
Doesn't round 24 look attractive now. If we are still one and two we get an extra final.
Wouldn't the league be rubbing it's hands now, if you look at the top 4.

Alex7089

They sure would Bunyip having the big 3 in the top 4 is huge. Chuck Geelong in there and they'll be making a showerload from match attendance.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Alex7089 on May 17, 2011, 05:15:38 PM
They sure would Bunyip having the big 3 in the top 4 is huge. Chuck Geelong in there and they'll be making a showerload from match attendance.
They're probably doing the Mr Krabs 8)

bunyip

talking about a showerload, was anyone else surprised that Collingwood v Geelong games have been the most attended games for the last few years. No doubt because they have been in the top 4 most of the time recently.