Getting the Goodes

Started by glynman90, May 09, 2011, 12:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Quote from: Chopps on May 09, 2011, 08:05:04 AM
Quote from: wcarey on May 09, 2011, 01:46:39 AM
im trading tapscott to goodes & heppel to boyd. i know they havent quite reached their potential but need to start winning league games immediately

why would you get rid of heppel? must be better plans
+1
Heppell is a back keeper. Don't trade him out!

someguy

Quote from: Holzman on May 09, 2011, 02:08:47 AM
boyd based on past scores wasnt supposed to go well against sydney and look what happend. Im dropping stanley this week and going knights to goodes and that will eave me with over 100k in the bank.  Than i have enough money to turn harris into chappy. I willl have heaps of MPP though with both didak and chappy in my mids.

Yep some players will score well above the average they have against certain teams, however more often than not, they'll score something similar to what they have in the past. I think Goodes could definitely ton up this week - he's in great form and Port will probably struggle to back up from a tough game against the Hawks - but even if he does crack the ton, he is unlikely to exceed his B/E by more than say 10 points, meaning he'll only increase by a few grand at best. Tapscott on the other hand should score roughly 40+ above his breakeven, meaning he's price will have a greater increase than Goodes. In your situation though, I think Knights to Goodes is a great move as Knights B/E is high (93).

Holz

Quote from: someguy on May 09, 2011, 12:27:03 PM
Quote from: Holzman on May 09, 2011, 02:08:47 AM
boyd based on past scores wasnt supposed to go well against sydney and look what happend. Im dropping stanley this week and going knights to goodes and that will eave me with over 100k in the bank.  Than i have enough money to turn harris into chappy. I willl have heaps of MPP though with both didak and chappy in my mids.

Yep some players will score well above the average they have against certain teams, however more often than not, they'll score something similar to what they have in the past. I think Goodes could definitely ton up this week - he's in great form and Port will probably struggle to back up from a tough game against the Hawks - but even if he does crack the ton, he is unlikely to exceed his B/E by more than say 10 points, meaning he'll only increase by a few grand at best. Tapscott on the other hand should score roughly 40+ above his breakeven, meaning he's price will have a greater increase than Goodes. In your situation though, I think Knights to Goodes is a great move as Knights B/E is high (93).

i go for overall so im happy to gain a possible 50 points for the risk of less than 10,000, should help me win my league games aswell. Also the mina reason to do the trade is so you can trade the week after aswell.

m_zulian

Quote from: glynman90 on May 09, 2011, 01:09:30 AM
Quote from: someguy on May 09, 2011, 12:58:04 AM
I'd wait another week and here's why:

Tapscott B/E: 19

Goodes B/E: 119

Tapscott pretty much certain to make and exceed his B/E and will therefore make you some cash. Goodes is playing Port, a team which he has only ever tonned up against twice, has an all time high score of 109 (back in 2005), and has a 80.6 average in his last three games against them. If you make this trade this week, it's likely that you wont be saving money, you'll be losing money.

Hmm yeh I'd like to wait a week but I'm planning on getting Chappy the week after. Will have to run the numbers though to see if that's feasible.

I'm planning to trade in Goodes for rd 9 as an upgrade for Mckernan. Based on Goodes 3 week rolling average (inlcuding 47 in rd 6) his price should be cheapest for rd 9. Forget about his b/e this week. His b/e should be larger next week.

If you want Chapman in your team your best time should be for rd 10. A 76 is considered low for a consistent performer such as Chappy. This score will affect his 3 week rolling average and should be cheap coming into rd 10.

glynman90

Goodes' BE is actually 104 according to fanfooty. I think this is the week to get him in.

Another possible trade is Stanley --> Puopolo then Matera --> Goodes but I think I'll need Stanley this week with Gibbs out unless Otten or Hibberd returns.