Getting the Goodes

Started by glynman90, May 09, 2011, 12:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glynman90

I'm planning to bring in Goodes after this week and this is how I propose to do it:

Otten --> Puopolo

Tapscott --> Goodes

I know Tapscott still hasn't maxed out but Goodes may well have bottomed out and I'd rather have him sooner than later even if it costs me $10-$15k.

Good trade this week?

hardnut

Yep, rookies are there to get you to premo's and this move does that - why not I say!

Holz

hopefully grimes isnt out for long so i can do a downgrade and than go knights to goodes and 2 weeks later tapscott to chapman

hardnut

same plan but knights>Sylvia for me. Lets hope we both get our way Holzman!

pinochio

guys what do you think is more important getting selwood, sylvia or shaw at their lowest prices for a while???

elephants

Knights/Petrie to goodes.
Not sure which though??

someguy

I'd wait another week and here's why:

Tapscott B/E: 19

Goodes B/E: 119

Tapscott pretty much certain to make and exceed his B/E and will therefore make you some cash. Goodes is playing Port, a team which he has only ever tonned up against twice, has an all time high score of 109 (back in 2005), and has a 80.6 average in his last three games against them. If you make this trade this week, it's likely that you wont be saving money, you'll be losing money.

hardnut

Quote from: elephants on May 09, 2011, 12:56:16 AM
Knights/Petrie to goodes.
Not sure which though??
North got a reasonable run coming up and Petrie in decent form so can see a few 80+ coming from him, I'd be giving Knights the bullet for sure - in fact I am!

elephants

I am waiting on goodes after hearing that. Or maybe not. Will do some breakeven work first :)

glynman90

Quote from: someguy on May 09, 2011, 12:58:04 AM

Tapscott pretty much certain to make and exceed his B/E and will therefore make you some cash. Goodes is playing Port, a team which he has only ever tonned up against twice, has an all time high score of 109 (back in 2005), and has a 80.6 average in his last three games against them. If you make this trade this week, it's likely that you wont be saving money, you'll be losing money.

Hmm yeh I'd like to wait a week but I'm planning on getting Chappy the week after. Will have to run the numbers though to see if that's feasible.

Prospector_1

Goodes is killing it atm, but will he ever get cheaper? I'm up for him the minute he has a decent $40k - $50k bottom out, but will it happen?

wcarey

im trading tapscott to goodes & heppel to boyd. i know they havent quite reached their potential but need to start winning league games immediately

Holz

Quote from: someguy on May 09, 2011, 12:58:04 AM

boyd based on past scores wasnt supposed to go well against sydney and look what happend. Im dropping stanley this week and going knights to goodes and that will eave me with over 100k in the bank.  Than i have enough money to turn harris into chappy. I willl have heaps of MPP though with both didak and chappy in my mids.

fidou

Goodes is an out and out gun. I was at Manuka on saturday and he loves the bigger grounds, the only drawback is the lower scores on the SCG.

Chopps

Quote from: wcarey on May 09, 2011, 01:46:39 AM
im trading tapscott to goodes & heppel to boyd. i know they havent quite reached their potential but need to start winning league games immediately

why would you get rid of heppel? must be better plans