Grimes!

Started by Slap, May 08, 2011, 11:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

If you're tossing up between Watson and Mundy, I'd go Mundy.

Windigo

QuoteIf you're tossing up between Watson and Mundy, I'd go Mundy.

No love for Jobe?  :P

LaHug

Quote from: Windigo on May 10, 2011, 08:00:13 PM
QuoteIf you're tossing up between Watson and Mundy, I'd go Mundy.

No love for Jobe?  :P
Nah, just more love for Mundy...

Windigo

Thinking of Grimes>Jacobs then Bruce>Rawlings/Enright?

Then next week......With my $ 180,400 upgrade Harris $ 234,200 B/E of 13. It would give me $ 414,600 for a mid.....For next week. Jimmy Bartel springs to mind

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Windigo on May 10, 2011, 07:40:47 PM
QuoteJacobs has a good chance Windigo.

I KNOW, only I have to get rid Bruce & Grimes.

Worth going Grimes>Jacobs then Bruce>any back men?

Or going Grimes>Ben Jacobs, then make some cash and upgrade Harris>Jobe or Mundy???

If I do that my backs would be so sh*t....

Goddard, Gibbs, Adcock, Lower, Stanley, Jacobs & Puopolo. Then I'm about set every where else I would work on my backs, but I haven't got the guts to do it.

do that. get in lids or enright and you have spare cash for next week when midfielders drop again to take your pick. Harris will rise anyway why waste the money he will make?

Master Q

Quote from: Windigo on May 10, 2011, 08:12:09 PM
Thinking of Grimes>Jacobs then Bruce>Rawlings/Enright?

Then next week......With my $ 180,400 upgrade Harris $ 234,200 B/E of 13. It would give me $ 414,600 for a mid.....For next week. Jimmy Bartel springs to mind
Very Good Idea.

Andrew

Master Q, I have 16 trades and $196k left. What do you think of:

Grimes -> Heath Shaw
Curnow -> Rischitelli

Or should I just do Curnow -> Pendlebury this week (leaves me with $10k) and wait on Grimes to see how Puopolo, Hibberd, and Jacobs go at the selection table the next two weeks? (like most I need Hibberd/Jacobs dual position)

LaHug

I know I'm not Q, but getting Pendlebury before the second bye should really depend on whether or not you have Swan. Also, Pendles is almost sure to drop because of his B/E.
I would go the first trade and get Pendlebury after the bye.

Andrew

Quote from: LaHug on May 10, 2011, 09:06:50 PM
I know I'm not Q, but getting Pendlebury before the second bye should really depend on whether or not you have Swan. Also, Pendles is almost sure to drop because of his B/E.
I would go the first trade and get Pendlebury after the bye.

Two stars is twice as many as me mate :P Yeah I do have Swan and I'm thinking getting someone of Pendlebury's elite value is better after the bye. I'm keen on Rischitelli (top 10 easy) and it fits in with my strategy of selling Swallow for a MID/FOR anyway.

Sure Curnow is good to sell? Wish Carlton would tell us how long he's out for...

LaHug

Consider his B/E of 93 and his pre-injury average of 97. Even if he doesn't miss any weeks, there's the bye this week and then two more weeks before he has any price rise of any significant value. That's three weeks before a price rise. Then another week for every week he misses with injury. Considering the come back from injury, he may well score poorly and go down in price. There's no way you'd be keeping him when you want six 105+ average players in your mids. You got him to be a step up to a premium. Although it's disheartening, we'll have to use him as this step up earlier than intended. It's his time.

Windigo

QuoteThinking of Grimes>Jacobs then Bruce>Rawlings/Enright?

Very Good Idea.

Yeah, I though so to. Just hope Bartel doesn't carve past his B/E of 110 and Harris needs to smash a 70+ to earn me at least $ 3,000.  ;)

Vrett7

obviously needa get rid of grimes. backline premiums already have are god,gibbs,deledio,adcock... thought on grimes' replacement?

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Vrett7 on May 10, 2011, 11:06:11 PM
obviously needa get rid of grimes. backline premiums already have are god,gibbs,deledio,adcock... thought on grimes' replacement?

enright?

bundyboy

enright !  no question mark....

or

shaw   - always a question mark ??

Scotch

Thinking of getting one in for Grimes for DPP.  Deledio has had some really bad games this year, but some good ones, yet Scotland is averaging higher.  I already have a couple of Carlton players and no Richmond players.

If I got Scotland I'd get him next week after the bye but it would stretch my defence thin