Grimes!

Started by Slap, May 08, 2011, 11:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillMurray

Quote from: bundyboy on May 10, 2011, 05:10:29 PM
everyone jumping on jacobs ??  and hasn't played yet...??

I think the DPP is very handy for coaches and it's only a matter of when not if he'll play. Highly rated and should have plenty of opportunities soon enough.

Windigo

Quoteyes another useless comment from Q

There is a lot of useless comments from him aren't there....Just like this one.

Just an example^^^^^^^^ 8)

Master Q

Quote from: Windigo on May 10, 2011, 05:48:58 PM
Quoteyes another useless comment from Q

There is a lot of useless comments from him aren't there....Just like this one.

Just an example^^^^^^^^ 8)
Nice useless comment.

Don't see what's wrong with saying I don't have Grimes? Really relieved that's all  ;)

Windigo

QuoteNice useless comment.
Don't see what's wrong with saying I don't have Grimes? Really relieved that's all  ;)

Haha, but a lot of people have Grimes and you are just lucky.  >:(

G()D

Dream team is all about getting the guy in just before he starts to score well so i just want to get you thougths on these guys as a nice replacement for grimes??

Newman

Average this year 77.7 BE 80 Price $301,000

Past four games 86, 72, 56, 114

Average past 3 years
2010 - 82
2009 - 79
2008 - 82

• Already got Lids in my backs
  • Compared to other backs not doing too bad also take into consideration that Richmond have found some form this might mean he might find some footy
[li]2 byes to come[/li][/list]

Gilbee

Average this year 69.25 BE 123 Price $306,000

Past four games 74, 45, 80, 78

Average past 3 years
2010 - 82.1
2009 - 84.7
2008 - 78.6

• He has the potential to score like he has done in previous seasons but then he was playing in a better bulldogs side
  • He has M/B link
  • Can push up to midfield
    • Had an injury earlier this year
    [li]Already had one bye

Not asking too much from these guys if they can average 87 same as grimes from now on will be happy nothing spectacular what you reckon???

Please leave a replay with your thoughts and any other suggestion to anyone else around the 320k range for backs to get in im not looking to upgrade to Rawlings/Shaw/Scottland simply because i dont have the cash and have already used up too many trades
[/list]

Windigo

I would not touch Gilbee. Newman can be up and down....

Personally I'm looking at Tadgh.

Master Q

Nails

You're looking at defenders averaging 60-80 and I can't really see either of them averaging 80+ ... 81 or 82 maybe but I doubt they'll get over 79.

I'd nearly prefer to get Benny Jacobs in for Grimes and play him for a while and use the cash to go to a real premo later down the track. I think B. Jacobs is a rookie who could average 70-80 himself...

I don't like spending a trade on Newman or Gilbee, they could be toxic to your team this year IMO.

Windigo

Quotethey could be toxic to your team this year IMO.

(Whispers) Tadgh?

Nails

Quote from: Windigo on May 10, 2011, 06:12:27 PM
Quotethey could be toxic to your team this year IMO.

(Whispers) Tadgh?

Tadhg burnt a lot of teams this year.

I traded him out then that round I traded him out he scored a 0 if you remember :D I was trololol. Poor Tadhg.

Likes his injuries a bit too much, but could be somewhat reasonable... If you take out his 0 from last year he still only averaged 74-75... I'd be afraid, if I'm getting rid of Grimes I'd want to be getting a definite premium or a definite downgrade.

i.e. Heater Shaw or Ben Jacobs.

There'd be nothing worse for those (including myself) with Grimes to trade him to Newman/Gilbee/Kennelly only to have them averaging 75 and needing another trade wasted for another upgrade

Master Q

Jacobs has a good chance Windigo.

LaHug

Heath Shaw has been up and down in the past, so it's hard to say he's any better than the other options. At the moment, he looks the good though.
And all the people saying that these "average" guys aren't good enough need to realise that there aren't really any backs this year that are good enough.
I say that people should just go with their guts, take a punt and have fun!

Windigo

QuoteJacobs has a good chance Windigo.

I KNOW, only I have to get rid Bruce & Grimes.

Worth going Grimes>Jacobs then Bruce>any back men?

Or going Grimes>Ben Jacobs, then make some cash and upgrade Harris>Jobe or Mundy???

If I do that my backs would be so sh*t....

Goddard, Gibbs, Adcock, Lower, Stanley, Jacobs & Puopolo. Then I'm about set every where else I would work on my backs, but I haven't got the guts to do it.

thanme

Windigo: Same dilemma as you. It would be very tempting to downgrade Grimes and get more midfield firepower, but that'd kill my backs. Then again, your points have to come from somewhere right?? Might be beneficial anyway. I think you'd be better off with a premo mid than a back at the moment.

Windigo

Yeah true. It would leave me with 18 trades, basically for my backs.

My dodgy mids (If I do this trade)

Swan, Boyd, Watson/Mundy, A.Swallow, Boak & Redden.

I think my mid scores will fluctuate because of the last 3.......Hm, but 18 trades for my backs and for injuries

FWDS (Right Now) Looking at A Darling Upgrade:

N.Reiwoldt, Franklin, Sylvia, Stevie J, Higgins, Petrie & DARLING.