Jared Brennan

Started by LaHug, May 07, 2011, 09:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

I don't know where the thread was, but in one of the many "is Ablett still good?" threads, I said that I think Brennan would be a better pick up in this Suns team. At the time, I was questioning myself and just making a comment for the sake of having a good ol' debate, but now I want to reassert those words: Brennan is a better pick up than Ablett (at least in DT).
Last 2: 96, 118.
On track for 150 today.
Is he worth picking up as the final midfielder instead of Ablett, Mitchell, Montagna etc?
Might be a good unique?
Definitely putting thought into this, but it'd have to be soon.
And hey, my team can't get any worse, right??

hally25547

do you enjoy extreme roller-coasters because if you do jump on now

LaHug

Well, I do enjoy a real rollercoaster, so a virtual one must be fun!
But seriously, this will be three good scores in a row, each better than the last. I see a trend comin'!
With the Gold Coast getting better and Ablett/Rischitelli getting the tag over him, I see him as a pretty good unique!

david.5

i would consider him as a last forward but not as a mid

LaHug

Didn't even notice DPP. I'm getting him then. Was out of Didak, Fyfe, Goodes for my last 1 or 2 forward spots (depending on whether or not I keep Petrie as a ruck or move him to a forward). Brennan goes on the list of good options!

Bluke

I had him last year and he was serviceable. His injury hurt me a bit but when he came back he was okay. He isnt a bad choice as 6th/7th fwd. Not for the midfield though.

Nails

He was inconsistent for the Lions as one week he was in the backline then the forwards the next week and then all of a sudden he was in the mids the week after and the week after that he was the ruckman.

He should be a lot more consistent this year with one simple role, not 4 different ones over 4 weeks which he had at the Lions.

hardnut

Quote from: Nails on May 08, 2011, 11:51:00 AM
He was inconsistent for the Lions as one week he was in the backline then the forwards the next week and then all of a sudden he was in the mids the week after and the week after that he was the ruckman.

He should be a lot more consistent this year with one simple role, not 4 different ones over 4 weeks which he had at the Lions.
really good point nails....hmmm, post rnd 10 trade maybe. The old "role-change" means you have to change your perception of a player. See G.Broughton.

LaHug

When's the GC's second bye? Maybe I'll consider getting him then? Or, if it's a late bye, maybe I'll just get him now...

Ziplock

mmm, round 10? or round 9. Can't remember :P

LaHug

Wow, it's round 9. Almost certainly going to pick him up come round 10 then!