Why can't supercoach do a live score like DT?

Started by North Melbournes Finest, May 07, 2011, 06:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Melbournes Finest

It would be much better if we could see a live score like DT does, also I just want to know why the scores are so off at quarter time, half time, 3 quarter time and full time, the scores are always off. Drew Petrie had 92 and it bumped up to 102 out of know where.

Also what I noticed is a player has a dominate 1st quarter, and Supercoach puts their score heaps (something ludacris like 50-80). Then they have a half decent / good 2nd quarter and it'll barely go up. We'll see this in the Fremantle game where Pavlich and Sandilands are on 65 and 47 respectively at quarter time. They'll play just as good and then you'll see their score not go up by much at half time.

C-Dogg

maybe we should start up another rival site that has updated live s/c scores??
what u think MONTY?  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: C-Dogg on May 07, 2011, 06:39:06 PM
maybe we should start up another rival site that has updated live s/c scores??
what u think MONTY?  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I'm not even talking about this site, I'm just wondering why there are no sites and why herald sun doesn't have someone/something who updates scores after every play.

ajjewell

Sc is done differently to dt, in sc there is a cap of 3300 points that's is divided between the 2 teams, so points are giving on the players overall impact on the game and not on that a kick to advantage is worth X amount of points

Muneem

Quote from: ajjewell on May 07, 2011, 06:48:57 PM
Sc is done differently to dt, in sc there is a cap of 3300 points that's is divided between the 2 teams, so points are giving on the players overall impact on the game and not on that a kick to advantage is worth X amount of points

+1, yea exactly. I like the Supercoach system just the way it is, makes it better IMO.

stewfoss

just thought i'd say for teh lulz - a quick SEARCH for 'live supercoach' would have found you the information you seek.
yes, that SEARCH button up there. It is a handy little tool that will serve to the best of its ability for all its days.

Also, when people use the SEARCH button, it usually keeps people from posting another "where are my live SC scores cry cry cry!" post. This is definitely an advantage for other users of this site.

MTTY

SC scores can at times be pretty easy to predict if you are watching a game.

The key points are

a) Effective
and
b) Effect on the game

North Melbournes Finest

What does this effect on the game stuff have to do with it.

1) Do you get extra points if you do stuff in the last quarter
2) Can someone explain this 3300 thing to me

stewfoss

i found this in about 60 seconds for you
Quote from: ossie85 on March 21, 2011, 05:40:18 PM

Fixed amount of points for certain things (effective kicks, contested marks, etc) but these fluctuate depending on how important they are (i.e. a goal to win the match on the siren is worth far more than a goal when your team is winning by 100 points.

The total amount of points scored (adding all 44 players) is forced to equal 3300 (average of 75 per player). Meaning a 4 goal performance in a low scoring game is worth more than a 4 goal game in a high scoring game.

No one knows the exact formula. Important parts of the games are worth more. Junktime is worth very little