Main Menu

Live game blog within live game chat

Started by twinkle, May 07, 2011, 04:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinkle

I think it would be great if the live game blog appeared within the live game chat (and in a different coloured text).

I also think it would be great if you could scroll back to previous posts on the live game chat as it can move pretty quick and once it moves off the screen its gone.

Awesome site and thanks

BratPack

Maybe if there was the option but a lot who follow the game blog don't want any part of the chat.

m0nty

I tried integrating the blog and the chat once... the chat people hated it with a passion, so I soon dropped it.  :-[

twinkle

yeah maybe if there was an option to turn it on and off?

and what are you doing up at 2.30 am!  :P

McRooster

I made several polite requests to update/switch on the blog for those of us watching on delay (for the Crows v GC match today) which was not heard or acted upon for whatever reason.
It is now into the 4th qtr on TV and still delay reads 1/2 time ???
Was there a tech issue ? (which I did politely ask in the Live chat) or can you suggest what might have happened.....only gives those watching delay an excuse to look elsewhere  >:(

m0nty

Quote from: McRooster on May 14, 2011, 06:52:34 PM
I made several polite requests to update/switch on the blog for those of us watching on delay (for the Crows v GC match today) which was not heard or acted upon for whatever reason.
It is now into the 4th qtr on TV and still delay reads 1/2 time ???
Was there a tech issue ? (which I did politely ask in the Live chat) or can you suggest what might have happened.....only gives those watching delay an excuse to look elsewhere  >:(

I don't know what is wrong with the SA delay. The only problems I ever hear reported are from there, everywhere else seems to be reasonably fine. I load it up myself from Victoria and it looks fine. It's a mystery. Perhaps some computers get confused by the 30 minute time zone difference, due to arcane time zone reasons?

MissPiesFF

Would you be able to have the chat, blog and refreshed scores on completely different links? We all have tabs in our browsers that can have all open at once. Or just chose to open which ones we want. This way at least the chat can flow instead of being refreshed. It is so hard to keep track of conversations.

PowerMan

It would also be great to see people/kids who give rookies crap banned... eg the amount of abuse Jacobs got considering it was his 1st game was disgusting, I know he isn't the only one to have had this treatment as well.

deekay

Quote from: PowerMan on May 16, 2011, 02:18:03 PM
It would also be great to see people/kids who give rookies crap banned... eg the amount of abuse Jacobs got considering it was his 1st game was disgusting, I know he isn't the only one to have had this treatment as well.

+1

Would also like to add that the people that talk absolute smack deserve to be banned, or even just kicked for the rest of the qtr/game. It is not only annoying when trying to chat but also hard to follow conversation.

Justin Bieber

Best way to keep up a conversation in chat is use an extra tab with the chat log. May take a little longer but will surely be able to actually have time to read the other person's post. I have it open everytime I go into chat as it is quite hectic.

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 17, 2011, 05:36:52 PM
Best way to keep up a conversation in chat is use an extra tab with the chat log. May take a little longer but will surely be able to actually have time to read the other person's post. I have it open everytime I go into chat as it is quite hectic.
Good idea Hellz, I'll try that.
Cheers