luke hodge

Started by Jimbo_11, May 07, 2011, 10:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo_11

he has been in dreadful form lately
and his price has plumeted and is still gonna go down a fair bit

but does anyone reckon he will find his last years form back and be a top 6 midfielder this year ?
when he bottoms out it will almost be a straight swap from curnow/libba/swallow

Sammocorw

But those rooks you mentioned are scoring higher than Hodge!

FLOPITOUT1

Quote from: Jimbo_11 on May 07, 2011, 10:48:06 AM
he has been in dreadful form lately
and his price has plumeted and is still gonna go down a fair bit

but does anyone reckon he will find his last years form back and be a top 6 midfielder this year ?
when he bottoms out it will almost be a straight swap from curnow/libba/swallow
I think he can, he has been an elite footballer for years just wait till he strings some ripper games together.

Footy God

Locked in for next year if he in the backs.

n4cr123

He will be a great backip midfield for me will prolly go down to bout 300k..

Bluke

Yea I might bring him in as a bench warmer when he bottoms out. He is bound to get better as the season wears on..

elephants

He is in okay form it's just his Achilles injury that is restricting him. Remember he had next to no pre season!

Nails

Luke Hodge of 2010 might be the Luke Hodge of 2012

He had a poor 2009 so everyone jumped on in 2010 because he was cheap. Very well might happen again next year :)

He'd need to knock out consecutive hundreds for me to consider him this year.

newfreofan

Achilles injuries always take ages to recover from, he's a no for this year for me.

Fireballz

Watching him last night he looked like he was lacking in confidence. Anyone see the set shot he had from the 50m line where he wanted to palm of it but decided to shoot but then changed his mind as he kicked it? Hodge of last year would have put that into the 10th row. I think he improved throughout the match and I reckon he's only going to get better but like Nails said, back to back tons first and then I'll take a look at him. Hurts that he's not MPP this year...

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Fireballz on May 07, 2011, 01:14:51 PM
Watching him last night he looked like he was lacking in confidence. Anyone see the set shot he had from the 50m line where he wanted to palm of it but decided to shoot but then changed his mind as he kicked it? Hodge of last year would have put that into the 10th row. I think he improved throughout the match and I reckon he's only going to get better but like Nails said, back to back tons first and then I'll take a look at him. Hurts that he's not MPP this year...

I watched him as closely as I could and I don't think he lacked confidence buddy. he had no choice as the bloody umpire called play on because he veered off to the left to get momentum. therefore he was split and knew he wouldn't make the distance if the opponent on the mark started to come forward, so he kicked without momentum and shanked the centering ball. yes I do still think he's carrying an injury as a champion of his status isn't attacking the ball with the same ferocity as he use to. hopefully he does get it sorted out because he's so important to our team. I agree, he got better as the game progressed and hopefully that's his turning point :D

also it's kind of lucky he wasn't MPP because many of us would have jumped on him from the beginning of the season and would be b*tching about his terrible scores and looking to trade him out :P

Slap

Quote from: newfreofan on May 07, 2011, 12:50:54 PM
Achilles injuries always take ages to recover from, he's a no for this year for me.

Exactly what i was going to say.  NEVER go near someone with an achilles injury.  My Dad has torn his and its apparently very very painful, and obviously with a dodgy achilles, moving aroun dis increasingly difficult