Chappy!!

Started by morgan1132, May 06, 2011, 08:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morgan1132

Really want to get chappy in, dont care that he misses finals seeings as he is likely to be what gets me there and will help my overall rank.  I'm going for League win (very competitive league) but ranked 1200 and would like to improve this.

This is the two options for me:

OPTION1:
This Week - Bewick to Iles (leaves me 19k short of Petrie - Chap this week)
Next Week- Petrie to Chappy (will only be able to do this if the difference between Petrie and chappy goes down by $18,900)

or

OPTION2:
This Week - Bewick to Wallis (Leaves me $500 short of Petrie - Chap this week)
Next Week - Petrie to Chap (will only be able to do this if the difference between Petrie and chappy goes down by $500)

According to footywire Petrie's breakeven is 2 and Chappy's is 111.

If Wallis's job security is good then option 2 is best because it guarantees me chapman. I think with the players to come back for the dogs, Iles security is much better in which case I would rather do option 1 but if chapman chops and petrie stinks (quite likely this weekend) then I may fall painfully short of chapman. 

My current team:

DEFENSE:
Gibbs, B, Deledio, B, Heppell, D, Adcock, J, Goddard, B, Grimes, J, Lower, N 23.   
BENCH: Duigan, N, Stanley, D, Otten, A

MIDFIELD:
Curnow, E, Boyd, M, Bartel, J, Swallow, D, Liberatore, T, Harris, D.
BENCH: Swan, D, Krakouer, A, Bewick, R

RUCKS:
Cox, D, Sandilands, A
BENCH: Smith, Z, Tippet, J

FORWARDS:
Sylvia, C, Franklin, L, Johnson, S, Knights, K, Darling, L, Riewoldt, N, Petrie, D.
BENCH: Prestia, D, Richardson, C, Matera, B

21 trades and $125,900 in the bank

People think I am stupid for being obsessed with Chappy considering I am going for league (should I save some money and get Fyfe?)

someguy

First you've got to decided whether you want Chapman or not? Do you believe that you'll finish top 4 and win week one of the finals? If you're really confident then bring in Chappy! If not I'd look to Pavlich instead of Fyfe, as I'm not sold on him.

If you do settle on bringing in Chappy next week then it's pretty tough to decide who to trade in. Personally I prefer Iles to Wallis for JS as you said, and there's a good chance that Petrie will rise this week (BE of 2 according to FF; 8 according to Freako). That said 111 for Chapman is pretty low considering he's playing the Roos (130, 121, 59 (injury?), 101, 122, 134 from his last 6 matches against them). I'd probably go Wallis as it's the safer option.

C-Dogg

Get him 4sure i did

jabroni

have you considered duigan to puopolo then petrie to chappy?

Bewick will come back and still has money to make and with suckling and bruce down puopolo should have good js for a while enough to make more money than bewick to any mid today

Flame

I agree with the last post..good trades..get chappy in..I just did!!

Footy God

Just in the gods. (C)Happy as well.

someguy

Quote from: jabroni on May 06, 2011, 08:34:38 PM
have you considered duigan to puopolo then petrie to chappy?

Bewick will come back and still has money to make and with suckling and bruce down puopolo should have good js for a while enough to make more money than bewick to any mid today

+1

Forgot to add that I wouldn't be trading out Bewick yet. I reckon Ben Jacobs might be a better option than Puopolo, but it's a toss of the coin really.

Flame

Quote from: Footy God on May 06, 2011, 08:36:58 PM
Just in the gods. (C)Happy as well.
I made him Captain too..all the more reason to trade him in!!