Roo a sinking ship?

Started by Generalsor, May 06, 2011, 06:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Generalsor

I just don't know... Averages over 100 against his next 4 opponents but a trade to Nathan Fyfe is playing with my head.
I know it's a sideways trade but i just dont know about the saints this year. Riewoldt isnt getting it as easily and Fyfe is really hitting his straps.

???

Slap

Id rather use rookies to get fyfe and keep riewoldt.

Master Q

I am getting worried as well. Give him 1-2 more weeks.

thatguy

thanme

Generalsor

Hmm erring on the side of caution would be nice for a change. Have a mids dilemma though:

Swan, Boyd, J. Selwood, Curnow, D. Swallow, Harris,
Hibberd (started year with him), Irons, prestia/krak

Is it worth trading Irons for Wallis considering a) the number of rooks in my mids and b) the fact Irons may not get another game? Or should i leave him on the bench to rot?

OCT23JNR

People need to bare in mind that Roo was concussed in last weekends fixture, consequently his score was below par.

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: thanme on May 06, 2011, 07:14:43 PM
Quote from: thatguy on May 06, 2011, 07:13:52 PM
Quote from: Master Q on May 06, 2011, 06:58:43 PM
I am getting worried as well. Give him 1-2 more weeks.

everyone said this about broughton, now he's in barely any of your teams, and you lost 60k.

Ziplock

yeah, but roo hasn't had a role change and isn't carrying injury...

Slap

Quote from: Ziplock on May 07, 2011, 04:40:04 PM
yeah, but roo hasn't had a role change and isn't carrying injury...

+1, and he remains a target.  People don't actively look for broughts, but saints actively look for riewoldt as a target.

bundyboy

all well and good....but he still just needs to start getting more of it - otherwise a showerload of dream teamers will be spewing.....including me !!

G()D

Volt just needs to bloody harden up he looks so week in a marking contest atm, he'll get better have faith, and besides honestly who else would you have in your final six fwds besides volt Nahas???  :P

hardnut

Quote from: G()D on May 08, 2011, 11:47:03 AM
Volt just needs to bloody harden up he looks so week in a marking contest atm, he'll get better have faith, and besides honestly who else would you have in your final six fwds besides volt Nahas???  :P
exactly NRoo is in best 6 forwards so just keep him, in terrible form but not doing so much worse than most forwards (Didak anyone). Trouble is he gets virtually no cheap possessions so if the Saints midfield's getting spanked (which it is) he's triple teamed in a marking contest.
Have to disagree with whoever said he looked weak in marking contests. Got a feeling about the Carlton game 120 for Roo!

Generalsor

All points taken. With Grimes going down today i have bigger fish to fry as far as trades. Hopefully Monday is the night St Kilda figure out how to be dangerous and spirited without Lenny. That will = Roo dominance