Kai's Pie's - Ranked 54!!! Team Plan.

Started by BGK, May 06, 2011, 05:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGK

I got 2062. It's not a bad score. Had a few let downs this week. Mitchell was a massive let down as was lower.

glynman90

Nice one, you will probably rise a few ranks. I got 2067 and am ranked 286 so hopefully I can jump into the top 200.

deekay

36    Kai's Pie's    Kai    8    67    $9,904,400    2,061.38    2,062    16,491

KAIS PIES! Fantastic Job mate! Ranked up to 36th. Keep doing what your doing.

Spite

Great job!

I am guessing a back upgrade this week is necessary?

glynman90

How many trades do you have left Kai?

j959

Quote from: Spite on May 16, 2011, 12:24:29 AM
Great job!

I am guessing a back upgrade this week is necessary?
awesome team kai, i reckon still need patience with getting the 'best' upgrade for your backs.
good luck mate!

BGK

Thanks everyone. I'm really happy.

Quote from: glynman90 on May 16, 2011, 01:02:19 AM
How many trades do you have left Kai?

Here in lies the problem. I have 15 left.  While normally I'm not a fan if trading quite so much so early I think it's allowed me to get in to a stronger position. As you can see my team is mostly complete with another 2 premium backs and a premo forward my team would be solid. Although with the way Darling, Krak, Stanley and the likes going well, filling these spots up straight away may not be necessary. My biggest problem is I have no idea what I should be doing now. Do I trade hard? Or do I sit back for a while? If any one has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Chopps

Kai, i am ranked 744 so not nearly as good as you i am thinking of trying to get my team as set as possible, as cash cows max out i have been trading, i check all my cash cows BE's if they dont look like they can atleast hold value i ship them out

BGK

I have been thinking of trading hard and finishing my team off in 3 weeks and leaving myself 9 trades for LTI and finals. If I go down this path I will go

Rd 9 - Tapscot to Smith
            Otten to Suckling

Rd 10- Matera to Lynch
             Lower to Shaw

Rd 11- Libba/Harris to Mzungu
             Krakouer to ?

I'm just not sure if this is the correct path. I don't want to crash and burn late in the season.

What do you guys think?

Ziplock

suckling + shaw are a bit of a punt for consistency, but should be worth the shot. With those round 11 trades I'd probably be looking at chappy myself.

RiOtChEsS

i like the look of ur projection Kai...

what u may want to do is checkout the teams ranked above u and who of those ur looking at bringing in do they have...

if ur getting the same players in that they already have u wont be making headway...

its a pain in the bottom way to do it but imo i cant see anyone coming from further back than 250th now as sides r settling :-X

j959

the only issue i'd be worried about for you is will you have enough trades for LTI/injuries generally?

i upgraded Knights on prior to rd8 and i felt really weird upgrading a mid-pricer with a bit more room for improvement without any current inj concerns ...

not meaning to put doubt in your mind, just something to consider ...

9 trades for half a season (esp with general soreness to rear its ugly mug in the latter stages) might be doing it tough??

trust your own gut kai, but Marcz suggestion sounds great!

BGK

I'm almost certain I will risk running out of trades late in the season. I may never find myself in this position again so I'm going to risk everything.

I do like the advice of picking up players who others don't necessarily have. But it does make it a little hard especially in the backs.

With all of this in mind I'm just about certain this is what I will be doing.

I have 72,800 in the bank

Rd 9 - Harris to Smith
            Otten to Suckling
$92,900 remaining

Rd 10- Tapscot to Lynch
              Lower to Enright
$47500 ish remaining (This depends on if Lower goes up and Enright goes down)

Rd 11- Matera to Mzungu
             Krakouer/Darling to Hopefully Sylvia.

Only having 9 trades left will suck but I have my fingers crossed that this team will push to the number 1 spot. My DPP capabilities will be a bonus too. With a little luck I will have excess trades to do things like Petrie to Pav, J Roo to Chapman and Heppel to Shaw.

Thanks. Fingers crossed.

Ziplock

so, what would that leave your team as?

:-X

Spite

Sounds like a good plan kai, stick with it!

Only thought would be going tapscott to mzungu instead of lynch as mzungu should be back by then and will be handy cover for the rest of the season I would think.