Kai's Pie's - Ranked 54!!! Team Plan.

Started by BGK, May 06, 2011, 05:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGK

Kai's Pies - Currently ranked 80.

Backs:         Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Adcock, Deledio, Heppel, Lower (Stanley, Puopolo, Otten)

Mids:           Pendlebury, Selwood, Boyd, Rockliff, Mitchell, Curnow (Libba, Harris, Hibberd)

Rucks:         Cox, Sandilands (Smith, Keefe)

Forwards:     Fyfe, N Riewoldt, J Riewoldt, Johnson, Franklin, Petrie, Darling (Matera, Tapscott, Krakouer)

I will have 17 trades left after i bring in Puopolo and Mitchell tonight for Duigan and Cotchin.

My trading plan:

Rd 8 - Matera > ???? (will decide when the time is right)
         Otten > Shaw (I'm pretty certain my funds available will cover this trade.

15 trades remaining

Rd 14 - Harris > ????
           Libba > Swan

Finishing my Midfield with Curnow as a reserve for the rest of the year.
           13 Trades remaining

Rd 17 - Otten, Puopolo or Tapscott > ????
           Krakouer > Pavlich

11 Trades remaining

Rd 20 - Petrie - Goodes

10 Trades remaining

Rd 23 - Heppell > Enright

9 Trades remaining

Obviously I don't plan on finishing the year with 9 trades but they are for LTI's, Drop in form and extra upgrades like S johnson to Chappy.

My question to you guys is am i going hard enough at getting a finished team or should i be looking to move Goodes and co in earlier? Or am I going to hard over the next few weeks?

My biggest worry about bringing in people early is that I don't want to fall away in the multi bye rounds. With this plan i wont have any more than 2 Premiums out in any round. 1 in each position. I have 3 out in each of the multi bye rounds, again 1 in each position.

Am I over thinking the bye's too much. The reason i'm in a strong position now is that i've had good cover when all the byes have taken place, especially in the multi bye round?

I've never been in this position so all the help you can give would be great.

Thanks.

Spite

That is a very very good team!

So what you want to do now, is to try and complete your team as soon as possible. Get those premiums in and start pumping out massive scores quickly to try and catch first. As you can see, with your plan, you will have 9 trades left. That is tons. You can use some extra trades to get premiums in early and still be left with a good 5 or so for LTI.
First move should be grimes > enright.
Second could possibly be matera > i.smith (if named)

Then next week, use that cash to get otten > shaw or darling > goodes. (or if you have the cash, tapscott > goodes)
second trade being harris to a rookie (gold coast have a bye the next week)

Week 9: lower to premium or petrie to pavlich and
Downgrade someone

week 10: get the other premium or pav in.

Heppel may be a keeper so hold onto him while he performs.

week 11: krak/tapscott (if you used darling to get goodes that is) down to rook (mzungu?)
j roo to chappy?

week 12, hold.

week 13, rook down, libba > swan.

Something along the lines of this. I think this will leave like 5 trades for LTI. Don't follow it exactly, obviously many many things could go wrong during the season. Just showing aggressive trading. Good luck!!!

BGK

Thanks mate. I really appreciate your feedback. I'm up to 67 now. Going along nicely. The last couple of days I have really considered being more aggressive and trying to get a really good team together as fast as possible.

There are a couple of things I would do differently to your plan though.

I'm not keen on Enright. I already have the 2 cats. So I'm thinking Shaw but both will a average about the same.

Rawlings is another I'm considering for my back line as I'm now going for overall I'm not concerned by his finals bye.

Brennan is someone I'm considering. Finishes his byes in round 9. Scoring well. But he is a risk. Instead of Goodes but I will wait and see.

I like Pav in rd 17 for Petrie. It gives me one less bye to cover.

I also like Enright in for Heppel in Rd 22.

But things will probably change. Weeks like this week are always going to change my plan.

Thanks again.

Andrew

Quote from: bestguykai on May 10, 2011, 10:41:38 AM
Rawlings is another I'm considering for my back line as I'm now going for overall I'm not concerned by his finals bye.

If you're ranked 67th overall in the country, why bother about who misses finals?! Just keep building your team it should be strong enough to beat anyone in league matches... good luck trying to win the car.

glynman90

I reckon you are being a bit stingy with your trades. You are going for overall so you should be trying to premiums into your side as soon as possible to get a leg up on the competition. Obviously this week you'll be looking at Grimes and Curnow but next week or the week after are perfect to get in Chappy and/or Goodes for Matera/Tapscott/Darling. That way, you'll have higher scoring players scoring for your team for longer giving you a greater score overall.

Prospector_1

Quote from: bestguykai on May 10, 2011, 10:41:38 AM
Thanks mate. I really appreciate your feedback. I'm up to 67 now...

Yet 8th on the DreamFactory league ladder - what's going on there?

BGK

Not sure Prospector. I cant really work that out. I will make my move up the ladder, just luring you all into a false sense of security. Lol

Ok by the looks of everyones comments i need to get a finished team ASAP. Will do. I will still have 8 or 9 trades left with a finished team. Touch wood.

Spite

BGK

I went Grimes down to Jacobs and Curnow up to Swan.

Back line looks horrible but with the way they have been scoring this year i don't see it as a disadvantage. Over the next few weeks i will upgrade down back. My team is almost finished. Im going for everything now. I hope I don't get to many LTI's and run short on trades.

Team looks like this now.

Kai's Pies - Currently ranked 67.

Backs:         Goddard, Gibbs, Adcock, Deledio, Jacobs, Heppel, Lower (Stanley, Puopolo, Otten)

Mids:           Pendlebury, Selwood, Boyd, Rockliff, Mitchell, Swan (Libba, Harris, Hibberd)

Rucks:         Cox, Sandilands (Smith, Keefe)

Forwards:     Fyfe, N Riewoldt, J Riewoldt, Johnson, Franklin, Petrie, Darling (Matera, Tapscott, Krakouer)

RiOtChEsS

killer team Kai best of luck taking down the overall  ;)

Spite

Good trade. Great team, wishing you the best of luck!!!

Chopps

good work hows this week goin so far

BGK

So far I'm on 1105, Swan as captain but out of the 11 left I have 10 premiums and Lower to go. Should still score really well. Fingers crossed.

RiOtChEsS

yeah sounds like u will get a decent score... again :D

deekay

great team! How'd you score this week?