Libba >> Ellard

Started by joshas182, May 06, 2011, 01:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshas182

Does this seem wrong? i've read no threads on Ellard, has he just gone under the radar?

i have 20 trades left and $23,100 in the bank so can simply trade Libba right out for Ellard. I know Ellard has the bye next week but I am playing the bottom-placed team in my league next week so will be able to cover.
This will give me 4 blues in my team, with Duigan set to come out next week due to the bye and his BE getting too high (Also Gibbs & Curnow).
My "For" argument is that Ellard has a 2 game AVG of 106, is on the bubble of making a nice price rise due to his BE of -14, yes has two byes but very far apart and with Libba sitting out this game it's like another bye for him - How many games may he be set to sit out during the season?
Help?

Ziplock

libba may sit out another 2 or 3 I guess depending on how he fairs with the AFL level. There's been no specific forums on ellard, but he has gotten a passing mention in a fair few. The general consensus is
1. He's not a very good player
2. Port is not a good team
3. Port suck
4. For the above reasons, he will not be getting fed the ball during the season, which amasses to high DT scores.

Basically, he's not averaging enough to be a midfield keeper atm, well not quite. It would appear these two scores are probably just flukes. This is his third year, and in the past two he's only played a combined 7 games, and in ports horrific side, that means he probably sucks.

You'll notice last year he put out 3 nice scores of 87, 88 and 98, but still only averaged 66. Appears his form wavers far too much to be a very good pick.

Elvs12

Doesn't he mean David Ellard from Carlton, no Ellards in Port.
Think you need to take a break from posting Zip  :)

boo-yaa

this is one reson why the byes suck for dream team, they limit the players you want to pick up because of when a teams bye's are during the season. my team would be alot different and not so cookie cutter if there was no bye's, next year there will be alot more unique picks.

Slap

Lol ^^.

Anyway, My family know the Ellard Fam, so we have watched him closely.  He is a gun.  He has had limited opportunities but has made the most of them.  Sometimes last year he was used to tag - successfully, and sometimes running on the ball or HFF - successful.that being said, i think i'd rather a montagna or a proven premo in my team.   But who knows, at 265k, he could make you a pretty penny.

DG

he's not going to get 10 tackles each week, but could be prove a good move if he keeps him average up.

Ziplock

Quote from: Elvs12 on May 06, 2011, 04:00:03 PM
Doesn't he mean David Ellard from Carlton, no Ellards in Port.
Think you need to take a break from posting Zip  :)

God I'm tired, that's so embarrassing. Oh well, my point stands about him pulling out reasonable scores occasionally, then shocking ones the rest of the time.

Oh, and my point stands about Port sucking as well :P

Andrew

Quote from: boo-yaa on May 06, 2011, 04:03:19 PM
this is one reson why the byes suck for dream team, they limit the players you want to pick up because of when a teams bye's are during the season. my team would be alot different and not so cookie cutter if there was no bye's, next year there will be alot more unique picks.

Good point.

c-hawk

seems to work hard and gets himself in good positions.... similar to Brock McLean? JS?

Montag

done it already. get him in. he is a huge cash cow that could turn into premium, like jack redden was preseason

joshas182

I am 50-50% now on getting Ellard - from "Carlton" as he's listed on the extended blues bench at the moment for Monday!
I'd be fine to keep Libba as long as I'm assured he'll be back next week and not have many rests due to general soreness! Not to keen to waste a trade when I now I'll need to get rid of Ellard come finals time!!
Any news on his inclusion?