Slap's Question Hour

Started by Slap, May 06, 2011, 12:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: Slap on May 06, 2011, 12:45:56 AM
Quote from: elephants on May 06, 2011, 12:33:38 AM
just want your opinion on when i should go
duigan ---> puopolo (who i have only heard good things about)

this week (bring in an untried rook to avoid losing cash on duigan) or next (effectively taking the safer option) ??

Cheers, LE

I can see why you'd like to offload Duigan, his BE in the 70's will mean he will rise by only a margin (most probably) if he exceeds it, or most likely fall because he doesn't make it.

If you are deadset on grabbing Puopolo, I personally wouldnt grab him this week and ride Duigan out.  Nothing worse than bringing in someone fresh and seeing them score 10 points from 3 touches.  They'd be lucky to be picked again.

There are other options like Hibberd with one game under his belt or Thompson with 3 under his belt (and better JS since Phil Davis went down with a shoulder injury for the season).  I like Thompson, and his BE of -41 odd means there is still some cash to be made to warrant that trade, hopefully would end up making a min of 80k from him.

cheers mate :)
with bruce out i make the assumption puopolo will be in for a while. and thompson.... maybe but one good game...
anyway cheers, given me something to think about :)

Slap

Quote from: luvfooty on May 06, 2011, 12:44:29 AM
Quote from: Slap on May 06, 2011, 12:41:14 AM
Quote from: luvfooty on May 06, 2011, 12:31:28 AM
have done 1 trade this week already richo to harper risky i know but can`t afford to cope the donut.
trying to figure out where to go next.
BACKS
goddard,gibbs,gram,grimes,heppell,duigan,lower
stanley,toy,pederson

MIDS
boyd,bartel,mitchell,shuey,harris,wallis
pendles,krak,hibberd

RUCKS
sandi,cox
smith,bailey

FOWARDS
sylvia,stevie.j,n.roo,darling,tapscott,matera,harper
rioli,higgins,prestia

20 trades and $248,200 in the bank.

quite happy with my backs atm planning on bringing in delids
rucks are set
deciding whether to bring in a premo mid or forward.
or should i hold another week?
any suggestions appreciated

You have alot of money sitting in your wallet. and whether you are going for a league win or overall its better to have the points.
Whether you want to bring in Lids now up to you, maybe for Duigan with a reasonabley high BE.

Otherwise you could aim for a fwd or mid, perhaps an mid ranger like Shuey to a mid gun - unless you want Pendles and Swan; in that case you'd have to wait til next week.

actually already have pendles he is on the bench for this week.

Sorry mate, skimmed over your benches.  Another Option is to upgrade Prestia to Fyfe, I belive prestia has alot of cash to be made if and when he comes back into the tteam.  Thats the problem, since he was outed from the suns, many players have debuted and received a go by McKenna, except Prestia.  Makes me scratch my head as to where he is in the pecking order.  If you want to strengthen up your team now, Prestia to Fyfe keeps your MPP well and truly alive and gives you a breaking out 'playing' fwd.

Slap

Quote from: Andrew on May 06, 2011, 12:34:48 AM
My team currently is:

DEF: Gibbs (D/M), Deledio (D/M), Grimes, Adcock, Heppell (D/M), Toy, Stanley (Lower, McKernan (D/F), Duigan)
MIDS: Swan, Boyd, J.Selwood, Goddard (D/M), Curnow, Swallow (Harris, Bewick, Liberatore)
RUCK: Sandilands, Cox (J.Tippett, McCauley)
FOR: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt, Fyfe, Dawes, Knights, Petrie (Matera, Tapscott, Darling)

I have $215.6k and 18 trades left. This week I'm definately doing Duigan -> Enright, but I'm wondering if Libba -> Iles is worthwhile? Then next week I can do:

OUT McKernan IN Hibberd (as long as he gets named for his 3rd game)
OUT D. Swallow or Harris IN Chapman (unless Swallow/Harris score 80+ this week, then I'll wait another week)

Still have between $90-100k left over with 14 trades doing this. Sounds like a plan to me - your thoughts?

Sounds like a good plan, Chappy is as Premo as you can get in your fwds bar injury.
Libba - Iles is ok, I think.  It assures you have another income coming in.  Not sure when or if libba will come back, but his form suggests he may and this could just be a breather for the young man.  If you think Iles will hold his spot (I think he should), it wouldnt be a bad option.

LF

Quote from: Slap on May 06, 2011, 12:54:59 AM
have done 1 trade this week already richo to harper risky i know but can`t afford to cope the donut.
BACKS
stanley,toy,pederson

MIDS
pendles,krak,hibberd

RUCKS
sandi,cox
smith,bailey

FOWARDS
rioli,higgins,prestia

rucks are set

You have alot of money sitting in your wallet. and whether you are going for a league win or overall its better to have the points.
Whether you want to bring in Lids now up to you, maybe for Duigan with a reasonabley high BE.

Otherwise you could aim for a fwd or mid, perhaps an mid ranger like Shuey to a mid gun - unless you want Pendles and Swan; in that case you'd have to wait til next week.

Sorry mate, skimmed over your benches.  Another Option is to upgrade Prestia to Fyfe, I belive prestia has alot of cash to be made if and when he comes back into the tteam.  Thats the problem, since he was outed from the suns, many players have debuted and received a go by McKenna, except Prestia.  Makes me scratch my head as to where he is in the pecking order.  If you want to strengthen up your team now, Prestia to Fyfe keeps your MPP well and truly alive and gives you a breaking out 'playing' fwd.
yeah was just checking out prestias BE and he does have money to make.i read something this week and they said prestia will play so god knows what is going on.anyway he would be the only one i`d be willing to trade in forward line.
just wondering if pav would be the better option than fyfe.

Andrew

Quote from: Slap on May 06, 2011, 12:57:42 AM
My team currently is:

DEF: Gibbs (D/M), Deledio (D/M), Grimes, Adcock, Heppell (D/M), Toy, Stanley (Lower, McKernan (D/F), Duigan)
MIDS: Swan, Boyd, J.Selwood, Goddard (D/M), Curnow, Swallow (Harris, Bewick, Liberatore)
FOR: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt, Fyfe, Dawes, Knights, Petrie (Matera, Tapscott, Darling)

I have $215.6k and 18 trades left. This week I'm definately doing Duigan -> Enright, but I'm wondering if Libba -> Iles is worthwhile? Then next week I can do:

OUT D. Swallow or Harris IN Chapman (unless Swallow/Harris score 80+ this week, then I'll wait another week)

Still have between $90-100k left over with 14 trades doing this. Sounds like a plan to me - your thoughts?

Sounds like a good plan, Chappy is as Premo as you can get in your fwds bar injury.
Libba - Iles is ok, I think.  It assures you have another income coming in.  Not sure when or if libba will come back, but his form suggests he may and this could just be a breather for the young man.  If you think Iles will hold his spot (I think he should), it wouldnt be a bad option.

Cheers mate. Libba is pretty much premanent emergency for me as I prefer to play Curnow, Heppell, and David Swallow in recent weeks. He's at a price where he can't go up too much and is a waste on the bench. I'll bring in Iles for a price rise and also for the cash to get Chapman. He'll start in midfield for me until I get a cheap MID/FOR in the forward line to swap him with.

Slap

Quote from: deekay on May 06, 2011, 12:41:26 AM
Quote from: Slap on May 06, 2011, 12:36:09 AM
Quote from: deekay on May 06, 2011, 12:29:49 AM
I have 22 trades left 165k in bank.

I have Duigan and Gaff... both needing to be traded out.

My questions to you.

Do i double downgrade? (in order to upgrade next week)
Do i upgrade duigan -> enright and downgrade Gaff? (if so who 2?)

BACKS: Gibbs, Deledio, Heppell, Grimes, Duigan, Stanley, Hibberd [Lower, Puopolo, Broughton]

MIDS: Swan, Boyd, Curnow, Goddard, Swallow, Harris [Conca, Gaff, Prestia]

RUCKS: Cox, Sandi [Smith, McCauley]

FWDS: Didak, Sylvia, Goodes, N.Riewoldt, Darling, Matera, Krak [Franklin, Stevie J, Richardson]

If you see a better trade i should do - please state.

Well i think it depends on how your faring in your league and your match up (I'm presuming you are going for a league win, as opposed to the overall).  If you are faring well and should beat your opposition, you could afford the double downgrade.  If you need the points desperately I'd consider the Gaff downgrade to Iles (or Wallis - but I prefer Iles because I'm concerned about Wallis' JS after injured dogs become uninjured) and the uprgade of Duigan to Adcock/Enright/Gram

If going for the overall, you should aim to get as many points as possible, no point having money in the bank and one less premo on the field.

Should have stated. Going overall. league match i should win (avging about 90pts more than he is) I know there is no point in having money in the bank, but when rookies are scoring more/aswell as premiums i dont see a need to trade them until the premium has hit rock bottom and proves himself again....

I want Mitchell/Monty/Jelwood in my mid asap. back line looking set (provided i do the enright trade this week) and my forwards is tricky cause I cant see any 'premium' forwards to get (dont want chappy - too many cats)

thoughts?
I couldn't agree with you more.  I find it hard to pick fwds, just because they always seem to be a little more inconsistent - maybe its because they need to kick the goals.  So that often leads me to find the midfielder fowards.  Whether Fyfe is included in this category AND as a premo is another story.

But yeah, If your rookies are scoring as much as your Premo Targets dont trade until they bottom out.  But if you are going for overall, that extra 10, 20, 50 points a Monty can score as opposed to a Swallow or Harris could add up to quite a few ranks at the end of the round.

Slap

Quote from: Stocutz on May 06, 2011, 12:46:36 AM
Def: Gibbs god grimes lids Murphy heppel duigan.   Otten stanley lower

Mids: swan selwood Higgins Curnow libba swallow.   Harris conca polec

Rucks: cox sandi.      Smith tippet

Fwds: pav Franklin fyfe Sylvia n.riewoldt knights darling.   Krak matera mckernan

18 trades 160k

My mids r a  little thin and may need to trade a rookie out before they have peaked to up my score.
Had tipper in to swap with Petrie if I got him in but have chosen not to

Plan 1: week7  duigan to enright.  Otten to heppell
              Week8 libba to Wallace.    Harris/conca/swallow to prem prob chappy

Plan 2: week7 duigan to enright
              Week8 libba to Hibberd Harris/swallow/conca to prem prob chappy
             Week9 or later trade otten to Jacobs or another downgrade rookie.

Thoughts?
Thanks

Plan 2 mate. 
Week 8 though, put chappy in your fwds, too many mids can score as well as chappy without the injury concerns.  Chappy is a gun fwd cos he gets more than the fwds - its just not the case in the mids.  I'd go conca to a gun.  Libba to Hibberd give s you MPP with your Backs so its good.
As for Week 9, i think Otten still has some money to be made and points to give ya.

Slap

Quote from: elephants on May 06, 2011, 12:53:37 AM
Quote from: Slap on May 06, 2011, 12:45:56 AM
Quote from: elephants on May 06, 2011, 12:33:38 AM
just want your opinion on when i should go
duigan ---> puopolo (who i have only heard good things about)

this week (bring in an untried rook to avoid losing cash on duigan) or next (effectively taking the safer option) ??

Cheers, LE

I can see why you'd like to offload Duigan, his BE in the 70's will mean he will rise by only a margin (most probably) if he exceeds it, or most likely fall because he doesn't make it.

If you are deadset on grabbing Puopolo, I personally wouldnt grab him this week and ride Duigan out.  Nothing worse than bringing in someone fresh and seeing them score 10 points from 3 touches.  They'd be lucky to be picked again.

There are other options like Hibberd with one game under his belt or Thompson with 3 under his belt (and better JS since Phil Davis went down with a shoulder injury for the season).  I like Thompson, and his BE of -41 odd means there is still some cash to be made to warrant that trade, hopefully would end up making a min of 80k from him.

cheers mate :)
with bruce out i make the assumption puopolo will be in for a while. and thompson.... maybe but one good game...
anyway cheers, given me something to think about :)

No dramas mate, No one here can give you the absolute right answer prior to any round.  But I do read a lot about footy and love my sport, and hope my opinions just spur some thought, or confirm your own.

pinochio

After days of deliberation I have decided (pending unforeseen circumstances) i will do in the next 2 weeks...

This week -
Duigan > Thompson
Bewick > Iles

Next week -
Otten > Puopolo
Harris > Pendles

Dont really want selwood since i realized i will get chappy for petrie sometime round rd 10-12 so for the cats second bye i will only have selwood/stevie J out...dont really want more then 3 tbh (after all im in a $$$ League comp)

Thoughts Slapster!!!

Slap

Quote from: Andrew on May 06, 2011, 01:01:20 AM
Quote from: Slap on May 06, 2011, 12:57:42 AM
My team currently is:

Cheers mate. Libba is pretty much premanent emergency for me as I prefer to play Curnow, Heppell, and David Swallow in recent weeks. He's at a price where he can't go up too much and is a waste on the bench. I'll bring in Iles for a price rise and also for the cash to get Chapman. He'll start in midfield for me until I get a cheap MID/FOR in the forward line to swap him with.

Good plan.  8)

Slap

Quote from: luvfooty on May 06, 2011, 01:00:13 AM
Quote from: Slap on May 06, 2011, 12:54:59 AM
BACKS
stanley,toy,pederson

MIDS
pendles,krak,hibberd

RUCKS
sandi,cox
smith,bailey

FOWARDS
rioli,higgins,prestia

rucks are set

yeah was just checking out prestias BE and he does have money to make.i read something this week and they said prestia will play so god knows what is going on.anyway he would be the only one i`d be willing to trade in forward line.
just wondering if pav would be the better option than fyfe.

Damn I just typed a long winded opinion to this, but my internet has been screwing up.  So I'll keep this short n sweet.

There has been many threads about Pav v Fyfe.  I prefer Fyfe, purely because I would rather support him than Pav, So my viewing enjoyment of the game would increase.  Pav on the other hand is a proven gun, and as I wrote in another thread: Proven guns should be sought after by Dt'ers as much as possible, get them in, you don't worry about em, and you won't regret it.

LF

thanks mate definatley doing the forward trade this week probably mid upgrade next week.

ENYGMA

Hey Slap, I have 60k in the bank and planning on downgrading Duigan this week to either Thompson or Puopolo.

Q1. Which is better?

Secondly, with the money I can potentially make from the Duigan trade (by going to Puopolo) , I will put towards covering the doughnut left by Libba/Bewick?Prestias respective omissions. Since Libba is the highest valued at the moment I can get the best premium out of that trade.

Q2. Who is the best premium midfield under 413k? Redden, Rockliff, Stanton, Judd or Cross?

If I go to Thompson I only have 371k for a midfielder.

Q3. Worth it? If so who?

Finally, is this upgrade to premium too premature or should I downgrade. Note that I already have 3 Suns in midfield.

Q4. Should I downgrade, If so, Wallis or Iles?

Slap

Quote from: pinochio on May 06, 2011, 01:16:38 AM
After days of deliberation I have decided (pending unforeseen circumstances) i will do in the next 2 weeks...

This week -
Duigan > Thompson
Bewick > Iles

Next week -
Otten > Puopolo
Harris > Pendles

Dont really want selwood since i realized i will get chappy for petrie sometime round rd 10-12 so for the cats second bye i will only have selwood/stevie J out...dont really want more then 3 tbh (after all im in a $$$ League comp)

Thoughts Slapster!!!

Ok, So im presuming your going for a league win ideally.  I like the Duigan > Thompson, you get money and make money.  Thompson should have a better JS after Phil Davis' shoulder injury as well.
Not so sure on the Bewick Trade.  I have him on my pine and am reluctant to trade him yet.  He proved he could score given an opportunity and with the out of form lions, should (hopefully) get a chance back in.

As for Otten and Harris, Each player can make some more money for you, but as you said your in a weekly league.  Just assess your opponents each week and should you need that little tiny bit of points to added to your score for a chance of an upset win, get the guns like pendles in.  But if you can get the wins and keep your trades up, whilst still earning money; youll be in a good position.  (that being said, bringing in people like Iles means you do keep earning money, rather than crop just one stock of rookies)  So just assess your opponents each week and watch the DT Markets.

pinochio

Quote from: Slap on May 06, 2011, 01:26:24 AM
Quote from: pinochio on May 06, 2011, 01:16:38 AM

This week -
Duigan > Thompson
Bewick > Iles

Next week -
Otten > Puopolo
Harris > Pendles

Thoughts Slapster!!!

Ok, So im presuming your going for a league win ideally.  I like the Duigan > Thompson, you get money and make money.  Thompson should have a better JS after Phil Davis' shoulder injury as well.
Not so sure on the Bewick Trade.  I have him on my pine and am reluctant to trade him yet.  He proved he could score given an opportunity and with the out of form lions, should (hopefully) get a chance back in.

As for Otten and Harris, Each player can make some more money for you, but as you said your in a weekly league.  Just assess your opponents each week and should you need that little tiny bit of points to added to your score for a chance of an upset win, get the guns like pendles in.  But if you can get the wins and keep your trades up, whilst still earning money; youll be in a good position.  (that being said, bringing in people like Iles means you do keep earning money, rather than crop just one stock of rookies)  So just assess your opponents each week and watch the DT Markets.

thx man...i also have prestia in the mids thats why i wanna trade out him or bewick...need to keeping churning the money....and as i no longer have krakouer i figure prestia is DPP and will get another gig someday....presumably

thompson with his JS may be like an 8th defender or with a couple more 90s even make me somehwere between 100-150k!!

harris will be a week away from the bye anyways and with a 20k rise pendles can be afforded!!!
....then the wait on the petrie > chappy trade begins :P

am i right in my thinking???