Slap's Question Hour

Started by Slap, May 06, 2011, 12:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slap

If you got a question, I'm willing to do my best over the next hour or so to try and provide you my opinion..

Please keep this thread relevant and post questions only, rather than chit chat - just in order to make this a cleaner thread to scroll through.

Ask away.

LF

TMurphBROWNLOW

how cool am i? ;D

just kidding :P final premium forward: fyfe, sylvia or didak?

Slap

deekay

I have 22 trades left 165k in bank.

I have Duigan and Gaff... both needing to be traded out.

My questions to you.

Do i double downgrade? (in order to upgrade next week)
Do i upgrade duigan -> enright and downgrade Gaff? (if so who 2?)

BACKS: Gibbs, Deledio, Heppell, Grimes, Duigan, Stanley, Hibberd [Lower, Puopolo, Broughton]

MIDS: Swan, Boyd, Curnow, Goddard, Swallow, Harris [Conca, Gaff, Prestia]

RUCKS: Cox, Sandi [Smith, McCauley]

FWDS: Didak, Sylvia, Goodes, N.Riewoldt, Darling, Matera, Krak [Franklin, Stevie J, Richardson]

If you see a better trade i should do - please state.

Slap

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 06, 2011, 12:25:29 AM
how cool am i? ;D

just kidding :P final premium forward: fyfe, sylvia or didak?

semi cool  8)  And for me, I like Fyfe, he seems to be the middle man in between transition.  PLus I like when a little risk pays off.  He has been solid so far this year and has to break out at sometime.  I like Didak a bit later on this year when he hits stride, but not right now.  And I've never really been a fan on the Sylvia train.. He seems a bit uppy downy for me.

LF

have done 1 trade this week already richo to harper risky i know but can`t afford to cope the donut.
trying to figure out where to go next.
BACKS
goddard,gibbs,gram,grimes,heppell,duigan,lower
stanley,toy,pederson

MIDS
boyd,bartel,mitchell,shuey,harris,wallis
pendles,krak,hibberd

RUCKS
sandi,cox
smith,bailey

FOWARDS
sylvia,stevie.j,n.roo,darling,tapscott,matera,harper
rioli,higgins,prestia

20 trades and $248,200 in the bank.

quite happy with my backs atm planning on bringing in delids
rucks are set
deciding whether to bring in a premo mid or forward.
or should i hold another week?
any suggestions appreciated

elephants

just want your opinion on when i should go
duigan ---> puopolo (who i have only heard good things about)

this week (bring in an untried rook to avoid losing cash on duigan) or next (effectively taking the safer option) ??

Cheers, LE

Andrew

My team currently is:

DEF: Gibbs (D/M), Deledio (D/M), Grimes, Adcock, Heppell (D/M), Toy, Stanley (Lower, McKernan (D/F), Duigan)
MIDS: Swan, Boyd, J.Selwood, Goddard (D/M), Curnow, Swallow (Harris, Bewick, Liberatore)
RUCK: Sandilands, Cox (J.Tippett, McCauley)
FOR: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt, Fyfe, Dawes, Knights, Petrie (Matera, Tapscott, Darling)

I have $215.6k and 18 trades left. This week I'm definately doing Duigan -> Enright, but I'm wondering if Libba -> Iles is worthwhile? Then next week I can do:

OUT McKernan IN Hibberd (as long as he gets named for his 3rd game)
OUT D. Swallow or Harris IN Chapman (unless Swallow/Harris score 80+ this week, then I'll wait another week)

Still have between $90-100k left over with 14 trades doing this. Sounds like a plan to me - your thoughts?

Slap

Quote from: deekay on May 06, 2011, 12:29:49 AM

My questions to you.

BACKS: Gibbs, Deledio, Heppell, Grimes, Duigan, Stanley, Hibberd [Lower, Puopolo, Broughton]

FWDS: Didak, Sylvia, Goodes, N.Riewoldt, Darling, Matera, Krak [Franklin, Stevie J, Richardson]

Well i think it depends on how your faring in your league and your match up (I'm presuming you are going for a league win, as opposed to the overall).  If you are faring well and should beat your opposition, you could afford the double downgrade.  If you need the points desperately I'd consider the Gaff downgrade to Iles (or Wallis - but I prefer Iles because I'm concerned about Wallis' JS after injured dogs become uninjured) and the uprgade of Duigan to Adcock/Enright/Gram

If going for the overall, you should aim to get as many points as possible, no point having money in the bank and one less premo on the field.

Slap

Quote from: luvfooty on May 06, 2011, 12:31:28 AM
have done 1 trade this week already richo to harper risky i know but can`t afford to cope the donut.
BACKS
stanley,toy,pederson

MIDS
pendles,krak,hibberd

RUCKS
sandi,cox
smith,bailey

FOWARDS
rioli,higgins,prestia

rucks are set

You have alot of money sitting in your wallet. and whether you are going for a league win or overall its better to have the points.
Whether you want to bring in Lids now up to you, maybe for Duigan with a reasonabley high BE.

Otherwise you could aim for a fwd or mid, perhaps an mid ranger like Shuey to a mid gun - unless you want Pendles and Swan; in that case you'd have to wait til next week.

deekay

Quote from: Slap on May 06, 2011, 12:36:09 AM
Quote from: deekay on May 06, 2011, 12:29:49 AM

My questions to you.

Well i think it depends on how your faring in your league and your match up (I'm presuming you are going for a league win, as opposed to the overall).  If you are faring well and should beat your opposition, you could afford the double downgrade.  If you need the points desperately I'd consider the Gaff downgrade to Iles (or Wallis - but I prefer Iles because I'm concerned about Wallis' JS after injured dogs become uninjured) and the uprgade of Duigan to Adcock/Enright/Gram

If going for the overall, you should aim to get as many points as possible, no point having money in the bank and one less premo on the field.

Should have stated. Going overall. league match i should win (avging about 90pts more than he is) I know there is no point in having money in the bank, but when rookies are scoring more/aswell as premiums i dont see a need to trade them until the premium has hit rock bottom and proves himself again....

I want Mitchell/Monty/Jelwood in my mid asap. back line looking set (provided i do the enright trade this week) and my forwards is tricky cause I cant see any 'premium' forwards to get (dont want chappy - too many cats)

thoughts?

LF

Quote from: Slap on May 06, 2011, 12:41:14 AM
Quote from: luvfooty on May 06, 2011, 12:31:28 AM
BACKS
stanley,toy,pederson

MIDS
pendles,krak,hibberd

RUCKS
sandi,cox
smith,bailey

FOWARDS
rioli,higgins,prestia

rucks are set

You have alot of money sitting in your wallet. and whether you are going for a league win or overall its better to have the points.
Whether you want to bring in Lids now up to you, maybe for Duigan with a reasonabley high BE.

Otherwise you could aim for a fwd or mid, perhaps an mid ranger like Shuey to a mid gun - unless you want Pendles and Swan; in that case you'd have to wait til next week.

actually already have pendles he is on the bench for this week.

Slap

Quote from: elephants on May 06, 2011, 12:33:38 AM
just want your opinion on when i should go
duigan ---> puopolo (who i have only heard good things about)

this week (bring in an untried rook to avoid losing cash on duigan) or next (effectively taking the safer option) ??

Cheers, LE

I can see why you'd like to offload Duigan, his BE in the 70's will mean he will rise by only a margin (most probably) if he exceeds it, or most likely fall because he doesn't make it.

If you are deadset on grabbing Puopolo, I personally wouldnt grab him this week and ride Duigan out.  Nothing worse than bringing in someone fresh and seeing them score 10 points from 3 touches.  They'd be lucky to be picked again.

There are other options like Hibberd with one game under his belt or Thompson with 3 under his belt (and better JS since Phil Davis went down with a shoulder injury for the season).  I like Thompson, and his BE of -41 odd means there is still some cash to be made to warrant that trade, hopefully would end up making a min of 80k from him.

Stocutz

Def: Gibbs god grimes lids Murphy heppel duigan.   Otten stanley lower

Mids: swan selwood Higgins Curnow libba swallow.   Harris conca polec

Rucks: cox sandi.      Smith tippet

Fwds: pav Franklin fyfe Sylvia n.riewoldt knights darling.   Krak matera mckernan

18 trades 160k

My mids r a  little thin and may need to trade a rookie out before they have peaked to up my score.
Had tipper in to swap with Petrie if I got him in but have chosen not to

Plan 1: week7  duigan to enright.  Otten to heppell
              Week8 libba to Wallace.    Harris/conca/swallow to prem prob chappy

Plan 2: week7 duigan to enright
              Week8 libba to Hibberd Harris/swallow/conca to prem prob chappy
             Week9 or later trade otten to Jacobs or another downgrade rookie.

Thoughts?
Thanks