Slap's Question Hour

Started by Slap, May 06, 2011, 12:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slap

Quote from: ENYGMA on May 06, 2011, 01:23:26 AM
Hey Slap, I have 60k in the bank and planning on downgrading Duigan this week to either Thompson or Puopolo.

Q1. Which is better?

Secondly, with the money I can potentially make from the Duigan trade (by going to Puopolo) , I will put towards covering the doughnut left by Libba/Bewick?Prestias respective omissions. Since Libba is the highest valued at the moment I can get the best premium out of that trade.

Q2. Who is the best premium midfield under 413k? Redden, Rockliff, Stanton, Judd or Cross?

If I go to Thompson I only have 371k for a midfielder.

Q3. Worth it? If so who?

Finally, is this upgrade to premium too premature or should I downgrade. Note that I already have 3 Suns in midfield.

Q4. Should I downgrade, If so, Wallis or Iles?

Ok, hopefully I wrapped my head around that correctly!  Your easy to read so it shouldn't be a problem.

Q1: Which is Better?  Thompson is the better option purely because he has 3 games under his belt and Phil Davis's shoulder injury would increase his job security.  If you are willing to risk Puopolo for the extra cash in pocket, it could be worth it; He was in a lot of DT's preseason!

Q2:  Who is the best Mid?
Well Season Averages will tell you who is the best.  But I'm sure you mean the best prospect as well.  In my opinion Judd is the best out of those you included.  He gets his own ball via contested possessions, so regardless if he cops a tag, he should push out reasonable scores.  Stants in previous seasons has been a rollercoaster, he started off last year this weel aswell - but under Hirdy the bombers seems different and he could be legit this season.  Rocky and Redden are guns, obviously not as proven as Judd, but it could be the risk that pays off.  And Cross handballs too much for my liking, thats one less point for most of his possessions.  So its up to you if you want to get a proven gun: Judd.  Or a breaking through: Rocky or Redden (take your pick).

Q3: Worth it?

Better off having extra points getting earned for your team than cash in your bank.  But obviously timing of your trades now will determine your future trades, because of the prices you pay for players now - so careful monitoring of the market is advised.

Also, you mentioned, if you have thompson, you'll only have 370k odd.  Is that if you trade harris?  Trade Swallow, if your not planning on keeping him.  Harris will make you 50k more at their averages atm (although he isnt as good as swallow, who is improving).  You'll have 400k+ then.

Q4:

Downgrading is a good idea at some point, it means you can get some money for later on in the season.  but like I said before, its all about monitering the markets.  Look for rookies on the bubble and fallen premiums.  If your going for a league win as opposed to overall rankings, compare your team to your opponents each week.  If you look like you should win, keep your team steady and use downgrade options.  I you need the firepower, upgrade away.

Sorry if this didnt make sense, Im wrecked and might head to bed now!!  good luck.

Slap

Quote from: pinochio on May 06, 2011, 01:32:43 AM
Quote from: Slap on May 06, 2011, 01:26:24 AM
Quote from: pinochio on May 06, 2011, 01:16:38 AM
After days of deliberation I have decided (pending unforeseen circumstances) i will do in the next 2 weeks...

This week -
Duigan > Thompson
Bewick > Iles

Next week -
Otten > Puopolo
Harris > Pendles

Dont really want selwood since i realized i will get chappy for petrie sometime round rd 10-12 so for the cats second bye i will only have selwood/stevie J out...dont really want more then 3 tbh (after all im in a $$$ League comp)

Thoughts Slapster!!!

Ok, So im presuming your going for a league win ideally.  I like the Duigan > Thompson, you get money and make money.  Thompson should have a better JS after Phil Davis' shoulder injury as well.
Not so sure on the Bewick Trade.  I have him on my pine and am reluctant to trade him yet.  He proved he could score given an opportunity and with the out of form lions, should (hopefully) get a chance back in.

As for Otten and Harris, Each player can make some more money for you, but as you said your in a weekly league.  Just assess your opponents each week and should you need that little tiny bit of points to added to your score for a chance of an upset win, get the guns like pendles in.  But if you can get the wins and keep your trades up, whilst still earning money; youll be in a good position.  (that being said, bringing in people like Iles means you do keep earning money, rather than crop just one stock of rookies)  So just assess your opponents each week and watch the DT Markets.

thx man...i also have prestia in the mids thats why i wanna trade out him or bewick...need to keeping churning the money....and as i no longer have krakouer i figure prestia is DPP and will get another gig someday....presumably

thompson with his JS may be like an 8th defender or with a couple more 90s even make me somehwere between 100-150k!!

harris will be a week away from the bye anyways and with a 20k rise pendles can be afforded!!!
....then the wait on the petrie > chappy trade begins :P

am i right in my thinking???

there isn't no right or wrong until the end of the season.  But it sounds good, I doubt thompson will consistently pump out 90s, but since he was named CHB, its a good sign and hopefully he is used as a link in transition.  I like the idea of getting rid of petrie, that massive score was a one off and i'd expect him to be mediocre for the rest of the year (by that I mean not a gun).

I understand you wanting to churn money though aswell, but if you think bewick and Prestia will comeback and earn, there is no point right?  Unless you plan on downgrading back down to them at some point in your upgrades.

Not sure if that helped, but im now recked, my question hour has gone on longer than an hour and its time for bed!! good luck!

Slap

Im off to bed now guys, hope it helped by either spurring some questions within yourself or confirming your thoughts.

Good night  8)

deekay

Quote from: Slap on May 06, 2011, 01:48:27 AM
Im off to bed now guys, hope it helped by either spurring some questions within yourself or confirming your thoughts.

Good night  8)

+1 cheers  8)

Andrew

Great work Slap! This thread helped me figure out where I want to go over the next couple of weeks.

Master Q