Selwood (will be my 3rd cat)
1 (9.1%)
Monty
2 (18.2%)
Other (please specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Nails

Who do you guys think I should get Libba for?

Midfield of: Swan, Pendles, T-Rock, Foley, Libba, Harris, Irons, Goddard (swapped him into mids for Hibberd for this week with Hibberd on extended) and Heppell

I'm going Duigan > Puopolo which will leave me with 17 trades and 197,000 to upgrade with...

Therefore making Jobe Watson the most expensive mid I can afford. I've ruled out Jobe due to the lack of byes he has had.

I thought about NDS but then thought he probably won't score the 108+ I want for my 6th mid...

Which leaves me contemplating a few... Main considerations are Mundy and Redden. Redden off the top of my head leaves me ~20k for next weeks downgrade and upgrade whereas with Mundy I only have 4k left. Is the 16k worth the difference? Will Mundy end up averaging more than Redden?

What other options are there? Just not know who to get in for this kid.

theswiz

are you sure you want to have two bris and two collingwood in your mids? byes will hurt... a lot! however i think redden will average more than mundy... but not by much. have you considered marc murphy? he has much room to improve!

TheHanger

you cant seriously disregard Jobe Watson because of his byes? after one in round ten he doesnt have another bye for 13 rounds, that seems pretty good to me. And he only has one more bye than anything else, otherwise get Fyfe

Nails

Hanger pretty much means I'd get Watson in after his first bye. Not totally disregard him.

i.e. Player X rd 7, player y rd 9 and Watson rd 11.

Andrew

Nails, sell Irons first I reckon. Won't play another game I'm sure of it.

Nails

Going to go Irons > Callinan/Mzungu once one of them are named... This is only week I have two out in the mids for ages...

Andrew

Fair enough but I think Libba is still a decent chance of rising to $300k... $250k definately.

Nails

Libba out this week... looking to upgrade my team nice and early, can't wait around all year for Libba so I'm set on upgrading him

Just swapped Heppell and Hibberd into the backs for Delids and Goddard. Therefore all those mids are definitely playing.

If Heppell/Hibberd are late withdrawals/don't make 22 I put 2 backline emg in Puopolo  and Stanley.

Just added a tasty poll with some options :)

Andrew

Hop on Redden v Gold Coast for sure...

Footy God

Nails

Can't afford Chap and don't really want Watson because he still has two byes this year.... Buying an extra bye, can just get Watson in after his first bye.

I think it's going to come down to can Redden keep it up vs. Mundy for me...

Redden playing Sydney in rd24 is a negative.

MissPiesFF

What's the go with everyone trading out Libba? He only has general soreness. Is it to avoid a donut guys ?  In Pauleen Hansen  style 'please explain'.

Nails

To avoid a donut, but that said I was going to trade him out anyway.

It's going to take him 3 weeks (now 4 with being dropped) to earn only around 50k... I'd prefer to gain an extra 50 points per game and catch up to those ahead of me with my only other options being: Harris, Foley or Irons. Harris and Foley will make money faster and probably overall more money from here on out and I can't get anyone decent with Irons yet so waiting for Callinan/Mzungu.

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Nails on May 05, 2011, 09:11:55 PM

It's going to take him 3 weeks (now 4 with being dropped) to earn only around 50k... I'd prefer to gain an extra 50 points per game and catch up to those ahead of me with my only other options being: Harris, Foley or Irons. Harris and Foley will make money faster and probably overall more money from here on out and I can't get anyone decent with Irons yet so waiting for Callinan/Mzungu.

Mzungu!! I have been following him closely and I reckon he will debut as a late inclusion this year for sure. Mature rookies almost always do well in their first senior game/season. From memory I think he has already played at least 70 games(WAFL) averaging just under 30 touches. Very fast and his endurance is impeccable.

Nails

Quote from: MissPiesFF on May 05, 2011, 09:31:14 PM
Quote from: Nails on May 05, 2011, 09:11:55 PM

Mzungu!! I have been following him closely and I reckon he will debut as a late inclusion this year for sure. Mature rookies almost always do well in their first senior game/season. From memory I think he has already played at least 70 games(WAFL) averaging just under 30 touches. Very fast and his endurance is impeccable.

He has been injured and just started training a bit this week. I'm expecting him back at WAFL in 2 games, back at AFL in 2-3.

Their coach marked him as next player to play out of the injured players.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7009/newsid/112911/default.aspx

I'm not sure where the other article was but he predicted Mzungu to get a game before the other two mentioned i.e. Mzungu before Hayden and Barlow.

The other article I read sounded like he'd be back in around 3 weeks. Not sure what else to do with Irons so getting rid of Libba for a prem seems my best bet.