My Team - HELP!

Started by clackerz, May 30, 2009, 03:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clackerz

I know I've got to make some serious changes to this team - and obviously plan out what trades I need to make over the coming weeks in prep for the finals.

This is my first real crack at SC - previously I'd set-up and forget - check in every now and again throughout the season - and was always the team to be belted!
I've only dropped one game (by 30pts) - so I'm happy with that.
My scoring is avg - around 2100,  but the last few weeks have seen some terrible scores with injuries.

Any constructive criticism is welcome!

11 Trades remaining and $172K in the piggy bank:

BACK:
Goddard, Chornes, Mackie, Gilbee, Houlihan, Grimes, Broughton (Rance, Cheney)

MID:
Ablett (c), Judd (vc), J.Selwood, Bartel, Rich, T.Tuck (Beams, Cockie)

RUCK:
Cox, McIntosh (Spencer, Jacobs)

FWD:
Delidio, Franklin, J.Brown, Roughead, Krakouer, Higgins, Ziebell (Warren, Schoenmakers)

footycool

Ur mids r set and so is ur Rucks and Backs so IMO u only need upgrade ziebell and krakouer

clackerz

I thought I may need the likes of a Drummond/Fisher/Newman/Lockyer etc to boost up the back.

I'm thinking I need the likes of Pav/S.Johnson/Davis/Goodwin/Roo down fwd as an upgrade.

clackerz

I was thinking of this trade:

T.Tuck> Muston
Higgins> Davis/Roo/Davey/Goodwin/Johnson/Chapman/Pav etc.

I have $789K to use to pick one of these fwds.

Any thoughts?

footycool

Get Davis and Roo for FWd
I am Drummond and he is a gun! We gets the kickins and plays on which earns his cheap points. If a team is inaccurate he will kill. Get also Lockyear

footycool

Go Tuck to Muston as i will nxt week
And Go Higgins for Roo as the Saints r flyin

Happy 2 help ;D

clackerz

I think I will make this trade - however tossing up on whether I can hold off a week.
Having only 11 trades - this will make it 9.
Injuries have plagued me this year and I do't want to be left short for the finals.
I should beat the team I'm playing this week as is - but I'm in fear of Higgins dropping more cash if he doesn't perform (as with Tuck) - this becomes wasted $.

Decisions.....

footycool

dont trade as tuck is selected...have a feelin he will do well ;)

clackerz

I can get away with a similar trade - Beams instead of Tuck - but less cash $710K.

footycool

do either tuck or beams for muston, but dont trade this rnd, no need to

clackerz

Yeah think I'll hold this week.

See how Tuck, Higgins, Muston play.

clackerz

OK my team hasn't changed since last week (no trades) - so still with 11 trades.

Obviously Chornes is out - but I can cover him this week.
There is also the Muston dilema on whether I trade him in - just to make cash later for a premium - either Beams or Tuck(named this week) are my trade bait.

Do I trade out Chornes (looking to bring in Drummond) this week?
Do I trade out one of my mids to bring in Muston?
Do I do both?
Do I hold off again this week.

I'm not sure what to do about Muston - sure he'll make me some cash, but with 11 trades left am I 'safe' in this trade with the amount I have left only to trade out again later......if I had a few more I def do it.

I am planning on trading in some premiums throughout the last half of the season.....

clackerz

I think Beams>Muston might be the go.
Put Muston on the ground and Tuck on the bench....

Leave Chornes this week (the team I play this week seems to have Chornes still)

Anyone have any other advice?

IHATEBRUCEMCAVANEY

Not 100% if im calculating it properly but i think t.tucks breakeven is around 140/150 (might want to check that)...if thats the case he is likely to lose a fair bit of value...I would trade tuck to get full value.Also beams isnt playing so cant lose any value this week...this is only my opinion

clackerz

Yeah - I was trying to work out the best strategy - Trading Tuck will give me more $ in the bank for a later trade to a premium.

I think Beams will be back at some stage.

I just didn't want to leave my bench short if another injury were to arise...