Am I crazy? Swan > Ellard

Started by dmod, May 05, 2011, 05:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unceramonius

im not wrong....you just have a few boyfriends here who praise bad decisions.

you keep saying this plan gets you 3 premiums or something. but your only talking in hindsight...as you still have CURNOW. i could say the same thing about swan.........oh gee um i traded him to callinan and made myself 400 k!!!!!!!  with that i could get 4 premiums with 4 trades....im a genius.

how can you be...when you yourself havent even followed your "plan". how much will curnow lose you AGAIN next week? about another 20 k. at that price ...youve basically traded goddard for a generic rookie....unless you intend to keep him.

GENIUS lol.  and im all for this topic to die....so feel free to let it

Ziplock

lol, curnow hasn't been traded yet? That does make it a substantially worse decision.

that being said, in the hypothetical scenario that LaHug and myself were presenting, it was a shocking trade that ended up working out. If you really could not to see the following
1. It was a crap trade
and
2. Through flukes and chance it could have ended being beneficial to the team

Then you're a flowering idiot.

I'd like the reiterate, it was a BAD trade. But, because of the money curnow quickly made, the points curnow scored in comparison to goddard, and the money goddard loss (which ordinarily wouldn't be a factor considering it doesn't matter how much cash is lost by a premium, but seeing as he traded him out and in hypothetically, it was), it could have ended up, if the timing worked out with the trades, being a lucky and fluky trade.

Had curnow not gotten injured, it would have been a very lucky trade. I mean, Goddard started the season appallingly, by playing the right combination of rookies you probably could have picked up more points than him. He was averaging something ridiculous like 30 points under his 2010 average. Honestly, if I'd had a magic 8 ball back then and known the future, I probably would have traded out Swan + Goddard when they peaked (although for other premiums that my magic future telling ability told me would smash it), grab the extra points from these premiums, as well as essentially making me like 100k+ as swan and goddard plummet at their respective places in the season.

Then trade them in just before my magic ball says their going to be killing it, and you're laughing.

How could you define that as a waste of a trade when I've made probably around 300grand from 4 trades (not quite worth it), but also 20- 30 points per player I traded out. That's worth it.

of course, I don't have a magic 8 ball, and subsequently I didn't make those trades, but that being said, the curnow trade was just a slightly more interesting variation of that possibility.

Not only does he outscore Goddard pretty much week in week out, he makes considerable money (nearly 200 grand) while goddard loses considerable money (nearly 100 grand), if you'd traded curnow prior to injury and were jumping on goddard last week, you'd be laughing.

Doesn't seem to be what happened in this case, but doesn't stop the trades from working to a degree.

If you want to go hack on us again, call us flowering idiots, etc. etc., fine. But, unless you're coming 1st in the competition atm, clearly you don't know everything about DT either (like our selves), so maybe you should consider shutting the flower up.

noob.

unceramonius

whats all this flower nonsense? sounds slightly queer. ive said my piece, and nobody is going to change my mind.

as for being noob....lololololololololol. i was ranked 1200 last week, until i copped a sylvia sub,a chapman dissapearance,the once a year suspect injury to buddy, montagna copping an injury first play of the game...and sitting dids with his bye IN THE SAME ROUND.

i wouldnt be saying your welcome in my leauge anytime...without actually meaning it

PowerBug

Quote from: unceramonius on June 07, 2011, 07:29:35 PM
whats all this flower nonsense? sounds slightly queer. ive said my piece, and nobody is going to change my mind.

as for being noob....lololololololololol. i was ranked 1200 last week, until i copped a sylvia sub,a chapman dissapearance,the once a year suspect injury to buddy, montagna copping an injury first play of the game...and sitting dids with his bye IN THE SAME ROUND.

i wouldnt be saying your welcome in my leauge anytime...without actually meaning it

Sorry mate, got to be tough. Great DTers would've been expecting it and have been ready for it. So that put you, and me, in the spot of good DTers.

LOL.

unceramonius

meh.....dream teams 80% luck. the exact same team can get you 2200 one week, and 1800 the next. ill bounce back this week

PowerBug

unless there is a tornado that calls off the game whih most of your players in.

Ziplock

Quote from: unceramonius on June 07, 2011, 07:29:35 PM

there's an automatic censor on this site. Basically, flower= f uck and shower= s hit. If you couldn't work that out you really are lacking in the brains department aye?

DT is actually about 20-30% luck I would say. The luck will be what separates 1st from 1000th and 1000th from 10 000th, but what seperates 1st from 10 000th is mostly skill and good DTing. I've copped my own disappointments this year, but am yet to be ranked outside of the top 8000 and have clawed my way back up to 4000th, and still going strong, my trade this week will complete my team.

We were never even disagreeing with you to begin with, we always acknowledged it was a poor trade, you however were a combination of too stupid and too narrow minded, or maybe just didn't think it through enough, to recognise that trades that appear poor on face value can end up working out well, while trades that appear good on facevalue can end up poorly.

That, in itself, failure to recognise that things may end up differently to how they originally appear, in both dream team and I suppose real life, is what makes you a flowering noob.

noob.

Joe Dirt

hahahahaha this is funny to read haha

unceramonius

is fan footy the home of the 12 year old? oooooooh im a noob.....no no wait...im a flowering noob!!!!  strong words....lol.

no im not obviously queer like a few of you...so no.....shower and flower do not represent to me what you "interpret" them to mean. like i said it sounds just a tad queer....

as for noob, what next a your mama!! or something. noob is a beginner right? somebody who knows nothing? surely you know the meaning dont you....if so....then why do i out rank you?

guess you must be the noob.....no wait the flowering noob!!!!  how shower is that!!!!!   lol

Ziplock

stooping purely to insults, classy. As for ranking, didn't you yourself just say that luck played an integral part in DT? Try a little consistency dude. And yeah bro, ff has had these automatic sensors implemented to make it a safer environment for all, little kids and adults combined.

No, it doesn't make us queer to make the obvious link of flower and shower, why else would I be f ucking saying them, because I really like showering? Us making the link between those and their actual meanings just indicates that we have intelligence that is at the very least average... which is more than can be said of you.

Enjoy your sh it house life with your retard level intelligence cow.

Oh, and just so I don't disappoint you

Yo mamma so nasty she has to creep up on bathwater. That being said, I still f ucked her last night, and I've got the say, the only difference between her and big foot is that big foot was a better root and didn't carry half as many venereal diseases. 

Red Pig

Dosen't sound like too bad of an idea, i say try it!!

unceramonius

zip lock, your a joke, lol. ooooooh stooping to insults...but your the one that started with them.

lol...if you prefer mums.....i prefer 18 year old brunettes:)......but what ever does it for you mate, bit weird though. you obviously, have no standards if you still sleep with people like big foot and with veneral deseases.  desperate much?

and yes dream team is luck, are you slow? can you comprehend? i said the same exact same team can get you 2200 one week, and 1800 the next. it all borders down to LUCK. maybe this week hodge gets tagged and gets a 50...unlucky for you. maybe mitchell cops it and he can roam free getting a 120...lucky for you.  maybe this week...pendles, boyd, get injured. VERY lucky for those without them. horrendous for those with them. doesnt mean you started the week with a crap team.

also mr genius trade is made even worse by the fact he NEVER traded curnow, bewick to curnow would have been far better. it isnt even debatable. espicially seeing as how curnow will lose money 3 straight weeks. the supposed '"plan" of 3 premiums for 4 trades is a desperate play on words. if you start of with 14 premiums, trade goddard...you have 13. upgrade curnow (not with 100 k if you actually are getting a genuine premium) ..bring back goddard cheaper.....you only have 15 PREMIUMS.   

so 3 trades to get ONE EXTRA premium, that you started with? lolololololololol yeah genuis.

now if you cant get that...your a "flowering" idiot as i cant explain it any clearer. and your al;so not funny in the slightest.....i expected better. but alas....go do your home work or something...you have proven you know nothing about dream team.

Memphistopheles

Back on topic please.

This was about trading out Swan.

I did it in round 7 and since then he has scored a ton just once - who else made the call?

My team will now be complete in round 14 when I trade back in a fully fit and firing Swan.