Am I crazy? Swan > Ellard

Started by dmod, May 05, 2011, 05:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Quote from: Joe Dirt on May 05, 2011, 06:18:34 PM
I did the same with goddard round too...but i traded him for curnow...i made 380k which is a showerload. In a week or two goddard would have dropped 100k and curnow wouldve gone up 200k. So really i didnt lose any points as they averaged the same and if i wanted to trade him back in it will only cost me 80k...so i made 300k out of 2 trades...now thats good.

But in your case you've gotta weigh up the fact that you wont get 200k from ellard and swan wont drop 100k most likely...ellard might go up 100k and swan might fall 50k. so really your spending 2 trades to make 150k, not much in the scheme of things.
Not really. Obviously you don't know who Goddard is and that the season has just begun - and that Saints have had their bye and Blues haven't.

Joe Dirt

Quote from: Master Q on May 05, 2011, 06:20:17 PM
Quote from: Joe Dirt on May 05, 2011, 06:18:34 PM
I did the same with goddard round too...but i traded him for curnow...i made 380k which is a showerload. In a week or two goddard would have dropped 100k and curnow wouldve gone up 200k. So really i didnt lose any points as they averaged the same and if i wanted to trade him back in it will only cost me 80k...so i made 300k out of 2 trades...now thats good.

But in your case you've gotta weigh up the fact that you wont get 200k from ellard and swan wont drop 100k most likely...ellard might go up 100k and swan might fall 50k. so really your spending 2 trades to make 150k, not much in the scheme of things.
Not really. Obviously you don't know who Goddard is and that the season has just begun - and that Saints have had their bye and Blues haven't.

What are you "not really"ing to?

Bluke

Dont worry Joe, thats just another pointless uninformed comment from Q

The fact the Saints have had their bye and the Blues haven't actually lends weight to your argument. Curnow has scored over 130 points more than Goddard this season, not a small number for a rookie and he can easily hit 310k next week before his bye. Thats a 220k profit, add to that the 70k loss you would have experienced had you held Goddard and you are talking about a tidy team value increase. Not a bad move if you are going for the car imo.

LEV

yeah, go on and do it.  I think your dreamteam will be better for it.........

PowerBug

I know the last post on this thing was a month ago but i had to bring it up again.

Dmod, if you traded out Swan you're a flowering genius.

jvalles

Quote from: PowerBug on June 05, 2011, 12:54:55 PM
I know the last post on this thing was a month ago but i had to bring it up again.

Dmod, if you traded out Swan you're a flowering genius.

Bit of a Nostradamus hey!  Thats the problem you have with posting your ideas here, you get shot down and peer pressure takes over.  Swan has said he will miss 2 games and the bye, I might be looking at doing something similar in this instance.  Listen to advice, but go with your gut.  My gut is telling me Swan to Scully and upgrade Stanley!  :D

Ziplock

lol, not really genius, closer to a fluke. That being said, sometimes you have to break the rules. Although, plenty of times people who break the rules just get burnt... if he made this trade, he was lucky he didn't :P

:-X

Slap

I think it takes balls to call an injury to a player and actually trade him out thinking he will be underprforming.  Great if you get it right, so very bad if you get it wrong. 

WIth swan's popularity, it woulda been a good risk.  Your balls woulda been sore afterwards, but worth it.

Memphistopheles

I traded Swan out - although it was for Flowering CHapman who has gone missing since i got him in.

Windigo

"Crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy thought."  :P

Memphistopheles

My team has gone up in the rankings every week since and with Swan to miss a few games now I could jump even further.

The thought of buying Swan for less than 400K is mouth-watering though...

fidou

If the comp had 48 trades for the year it would be a good idea but you need to buget your trades.

Montag

yeah a bit crazy. better options out thre than ellard in my opinion

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 05, 2011, 08:27:20 PM
My team has gone up in the rankings every week since and with Swan to miss a few games now I could jump even further.

The thought of buying Swan for less than 400K is mouth-watering though...

same dude, at BE of 140 and now priced at 397K, is a 360K swan pick up out of the question? i dont think so!

so yummy.

unceramonius

why do you always post this dirt? you DID NOT make money trading goddard to curnow round 2 at all.  you start off with a salary cap.....you can use it any ways you want to. when you traded goddard to curnow you still had the EXACT SAME salary cap total....you just chose to waste a trade and spread it out a different way.

however if you were to say i traded curnow when he got injured to a bubble rookie...then you MADE MONEY.

not hard to comprehend is it