Something to play with - my team

Started by rhyatt, May 05, 2011, 04:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhyatt

What would you do if you had my team? I have a few ideas and would like to see if you guys come to the same conclusions.

gibbs - delidio - adcock - goddard - broughton - duigan - hibberd (stanly - otten - toy)

boyd - bartel - swan - montagna - heppel - swallow (harris - smitch - bewick)

cox - sandi (keefe - smith)

sylvia - pavlich - franklin - riewoldt - knights - krak - tapscott (matera - prestia - markovic)

Thanks in advance!

DG

id do nothing this week, then duigan up or down next week depending on cash

rhyatt

yeah i've got like 15k in the back so it'll have to be down. thanks mate.

Ziplock

How many trades + how much money? Eitherway, I'll go through it for this week.
Backs: probably your worst line atm, I would be looking at downgrading duigan to jacobs this week, or pups (if he's named) and upgrading broughton to the premium of your choice. Anyone can go, atm adcock looks pretty nice though.

in this forum post
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,34035.0.html
ive made a post showing backs that can be considered under 360k, although you could go for anyone

mids: With swan out, that means you'll be playing harris. I would suggest captain on bartel against nth melb, he should carve up. Pretty solid mids though.
Rucks: set and forget. If not bartel, sandi against a ruckless richmond could be a good gamble, and with cox's form atm you can hardly ignore him
fwds: all good, nice to asee you persevered with krakouer as well... who's markovic though? honestly haven't heard that name before. Franklin is another to consider for the captain. 10 goals against port anyone?

fairly nice team, only issues atm are duigans BE exceeding his avg, broughton being in bad form, otten's injury, hibberd not being on the bubble, bewicks (injury), smith only just about to get a game, and will probs be dropped for rioli... and mccauley would be better than keefe.

oh, and and again, who is markovic?!?!

DG

oh yeah, and maybe otten out as well, i think they are the 2 that you should use to get a gun and rookie.

Good post Zip, but id also look at duffield , he's had a bad start and dropped a heap, i reckon he'll come good though and at about 300k now and likely to drop maybe another 10k depending on this week, id include him.

I dont have broughton, but if i did id keep him, no reason why he wont pick up, all backs have been up and down this year, save a trade see it out for a few more. Is still capable of big scores.

yorgis

lucas markovic def/for for bullies

Ziplock

I would say that as well, but his role change coupled with injuries... it just doesn't look good for broughts. But yeah for duffman, if he can pull out another 80-90+ score I'll consider doing some serious shifting for him.

rhyatt

Wow… thanks ziplock! and the other boys!

23 trades

Markovic is a rookie that seems to have gone under everyone’s radar ☺

I like the Duigan to Jacobs trade. I could just do that trade for now and hold off on the upgrade?

Who would you get out of grimes, suckling, enright, shaw, carrazzo and gram?

Thanks again mate. Massive help!

Ziplock

I would be looking at enright, suckling or grimes myself

probably go enright, if a geelong supporter can confirm for me he no longer has issues with being tagged?

rhyatt

cheers mate. geelong support needed!!!

TheHanger

Markovic has played like every game this year, how did you miss him.

theswiz

wow nice team for having used only one trade!
But your'e missing this years top two cash cows for mids! Libba and Curnow! (my opinon)
I think duigan out this week as he will almost certainly be going down in price this week due to his high breakeven. There are many people you could get for him, consider jacobs, wright and puopolo then I'd upgrade either broughton or swallow to premiums

ShaynoB

Im a Geelong man, but id be lieing if i said he has passed that faze. Would worry me if i got him, but i wont because i already have/plan on getting other Geel players

rhyatt

wow im glad i held out on duigan. he played awesome! score not too bad either...

duigan > paupolo this week?

then

broughton > enright?

thoughts? cheers ladz

DG

do you need to do a trade? Poo has got another week before he rises, cant lose money on Duigan this week, i wouldnt risk trading unless you have to