Broughton to who?

Started by Mish, May 05, 2011, 03:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mish

Hi guys, i'm still stuck with Broughton and finally had enough... any suggestions who to trade him in for? i have $50k in the bank as well... or do i get another cash cow for him who will probs get similar scores to him anyways?

any suggestions?

Ziplock

drop him.... I'll go take a look for defenders around his price for you. BBS :P

:-X

Ziplock

oh, and precisely 50k, or a lil more, lil less? (it could matter)

Ziplock

ok, so less than the 360 800 mark, you have the following viable options
Shaw 358 700- Avg 93, although, as everyone will tell you, beware of the Shaw train, can pull out the big ones,, but look at the history and he can drag out the little ones as well.
Carrazzo 352 800- 91 average, concerns about him being used as a tagger, as it severely depletes his score... why he hasn't been tagging this year, nobody knows since he's pretty awesome at it.
Adcock- 360 000- 100 avg. Still a good buy, only concerns is his injury history. Looks like he'll be finishing top 4 def though if he can stay on  the field.
Enright 354 600- 95 average. Playing for a very strong team, and has damn good scoring potential, as well as his price being quite dropped due to a single poor round. Could be a great pick up, concerns about copping the forward tag however, and doesn't quite score as high against poor teams and the ball really won't be in his 50 that often.
Suckling- 296 300- 89 average. has posted some huge scores, came 4th in box hill for (best and fairest?), the only concern is his JS should his form slide, and, can he keep this huge scoring up? However, was tipped by his coach as this being his breakout year (although the same was said last year)
Gram 35200- 88 avg. St Kilda are down, wayyyy down this year. Gram started the season well (unlike his comrades,), but he seems to be spiraling into the ST Kilda DT pit of doom atm. With a poor score of 54 last week, he's on the downslope for a while, but, since broughts is a imperative, maybe look at this man in a few rounds if he regains form.
Grimes 328300- 88 average. Looks good, reasonable price, should lift his scores a bit as the ball should be down in melbournes end a lot. Injury concerns has always been a problem with Grimes, but, if you don't have him, could be a tasty pick up.
Rawlings 332 400- avg 85. Rawlings is old, and looks to be slowing. Only tossing him in here because he's had two tons and a mid 80s score, with a mid 70s as well. Only really one poor score of 50 odd, which I can't for the life of me remember why he did badly.

I mean, those are really the most viable options atm. There are others to consider, like NLM (who's regained a fair amount of form by the looks of it and has a very low price), matthew scarlett if he's named, maybe fisher or hanley. But those are your best bets.

Go for a premo rather than CC, aren't any decent defence ones on the bubble atm anyway.

S_Coach99

I'd give him 2 more weeks. He's coming back this week isn't he? Give him a week to settle...

What if he turns it on... he has the potential too...

And if you've just traded him when he does....

That's reverse riding the rookie ramp.

Have faith brother mish

Ziplock

broughton's carrying a back + groin injury apparently and has had a role change... I think he needs to go. Maybe not if you're going for league, but for overall, certainly.

thatguy

Quote from: Ziplock on May 05, 2011, 03:31:09 PM
broughton's carrying a back + groin injury apparently and has had a role change... I think he needs to go. Maybe not if you're going for league, but for overall, certainly.

just out of interest ziplock... is there a post you havent commented in?

Ziplock

very very few. When I was going for my 1000th post, I got into the habit of commenting on everything. There's a couple floating around, like, I won't comment on something about a player who I have no idea on, or if it just doesn't interest me.

basically, I'm at work, and my actual 'work' is very little and far between, so while I wait for jobs, I use FF to keep me busy.

thatguy

Quote from: Ziplock on May 05, 2011, 04:32:21 PM
very very few. When I was going for my 1000th post, I got into the habit of commenting on everything. There's a couple floating around, like, I won't comment on something about a player who I have no idea on, or if it just doesn't interest me.

basically, I'm at work, and my actual 'work' is very little and far between, so while I wait for jobs, I use FF to keep me busy.

haha. wish my ''work'' was few and far between!

Ziplock

lol,yeah, it's pretty easy to cruise, everyone else is mad busy all the time, but my job means that I can't move from my position, but at the same time have nothing to do :P

Mish

well i'm not sure whether to upgrade him or downgrade him? looking at getting Sam Iles for broughton
and bringing in sandilands for Fraser?

what you recon?

Ziplock

Would be lovely, but Illes is a pure midfielder from memory, and broughts is a pure def. Can't go swapping them around my friend...

imessenger

Quote from: Ziplock on May 05, 2011, 04:52:13 PM
Would be lovely, but Illes is a pure midfielder from memory, and broughts is a pure def. Can't go swapping them around my friend...

Yeah that wouldve been good aye.. Im considering downgrading him to one of Puop, Jacobs, etc.  just cos im sick of his shower.. plus i can get another premium to my weak forward line....

YOUNGTELLICA

Going to assume your DEF bench is the same as most - mix of Duigan, Lower, Otten, maybe a GC cheapy etc. - with Lower and Duigan holding their places it makes it awfully tempting to trade Broughton for a cash cow and upgrade another area. Just more to think about I guess...

imessenger

Quote from: YOUNGTELLICA on May 05, 2011, 05:33:29 PM
Going to assume your DEF bench is the same as most - mix of Duigan, Lower, Otten, maybe a GC cheapy etc. - with Lower and Duigan holding their places it makes it awfully tempting to trade Broughton for a cash cow and upgrade another area. Just more to think about I guess...

Yeah good point, plus with Heppel in there, he pretty much makes up for what Broughts could've got so all points lead to trade right...???