Main Menu

Hobbies

Started by MissPiesFF, May 05, 2011, 02:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew3737

Poker player obv.

Alex7089

I play pacman/missile command when I'm stressed. In my shed (share it with Dad) we have all the old arcade games and we play them all the time...Always fun 8)

MissPiesFF

Quote from: valkorum on May 05, 2011, 03:51:10 PM
Quote from: MissPiesFF on May 05, 2011, 03:14:48 PM
Quote from: valkorum on May 05, 2011, 03:06:19 PM
I have been playing in bands for about 12 -13 years.    My claim to fame is playing support for Sebastian Bach (singer from Skid Row) when he did a national solo tour.

Impressive Valk how old where you then, Skid Row is late 80's early 90's, I tried my hand at guitar but I was never a natural. My 18 year old son plays though since he was around 10. Bought him a 1976 Barkley for his 18th B'day. He's an acoustic lover.

Skid Row is late 80's, Early 90's but Sebastian has continued a solo career since then.  This show was only 2.5 years ago.  I am only a few years younger than you (by memory)

Here is some interesting details about Barkley - they didnt always make their own guitars, they had a company called Harmony make them.  The only way to tell was by the model number.  If it had a "-3" at the end then it was made by Harmony.  I have a 1969 Barkley archtop which was made by Harmony but stamped Barkley

Didn't know he continued his career. As for the guitar why did they stamp them Barkley and not Harmony?
Does that mean I got ripped off or is it still a good guitar? It doesn't have a seam up the back and can handle steel strings.

Cruiseon

Quote from: valkorum on May 05, 2011, 03:51:10 PM
Quote from: MissPiesFF on May 05, 2011, 03:14:48 PM
Quote from: valkorum on May 05, 2011, 03:06:19 PM
I have been playing in bands for about 12 -13 years.    My claim to fame is playing support for Sebastian Bach (singer from Skid Row) when he did a national solo tour.

Impressive Valk how old where you then, Skid Row is late 80's early 90's, I tried my hand at guitar but I was never a natural. My 18 year old son plays though since he was around 10. Bought him a 1976 Barkley for his 18th B'day. He's an acoustic lover.

Skid Row is late 80's, Early 90's but Sebastian has continued a solo career since then.  This show was only 2.5 years ago.  I am only a few years younger than you (by memory)

Here is some interesting details about Barkley - they didnt always make their own guitars, they had a company called Harmony make them.  The only way to tell was by the model number.  If it had a "-3" at the end then it was made by Harmony.  I have a 1969 Barkley archtop which was made by Harmony but stamped Barkley

Nice work, I remember seeing his arse when he pulled his pants down during Skid Row's support of Rose Tattoo then Guns N Roses at Calder Park. It wasn't a pretty sight.

Windigo

Hm, I like writing stories & reading S.K novels. Read 'em all and that's where I got my name from...Windigo, not my real name.  :P

browny_wce

outside DT....  ???

probably anything sport, play too much: footy, indoor soccer, volleyball, mixed netball, tennis

havent played my guitar in a while, but used to play in a band in high school, have had a bit of a bass fascination of late

snowboarding...tho i live in perth

Windigo

Table Tennis master is what I am. Just the lazy 25 winning streak had going a few years back. Beaten in regional finals.... :'(

McRooster

These days it's surfing, camping, fishing, golf, guitar hero, car restoration, real estate, FanFooty, 8-ball, swimming, running, body sculpting, cycling, raising cancer awareness and drinking.

The last one I can combine with most other activities  ;D

In my youth I was guilty of Dungeons and Dragons  :-[

Footy used to be the ONLY one  :'(

LF

Quote from: Windigo on May 05, 2011, 07:55:20 PM
Hm, I like writing stories & reading S.K novels. Read 'em all and that's where I got my name from...Windigo, not my real name.  :P

stephen king rules love his novels.

valkorum

@MissPies  That was how most of the guitars from Barkley were made.  If you got ripped off then I got ripped off as well (and I didnt get ripped off :P)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: valkorum on May 05, 2011, 05:51:46 PM
HP I still have a $1 and $2 note
Nice. Have to say I haven't seen them before :-X. I have a bunch of old 1c and 2c coins :P.

Maca24

umm my hobbies.... hmm :P
The beach is a great pasttime of mine. Im obsessed with footy so dont miss much.
FTP is alright. going out with mates is always fun.

pothead

I used to collect Footy cards and i still do buy the occasional pack lol

Maca24

Quote from: pothead on May 06, 2011, 08:24:41 PM
I used to collect Footy cards and i still do buy the occasional pack lol
DANGERFIELD!!  ;)

pothead

imagine his reaction with tippett haha  ;)