Mundy or Mitchell?

Started by BGK, May 05, 2011, 11:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mundy or Mitchell?

Mundy
Mitchell

BGK

I have decided to bring one of these guys in this week. It will be my second last upgrade in the Mids, with Swan coming in Rd 14.

My mids at the moment are Pendles, Selwood, Boyd, Rockliff, Cotchin, Curnow (Libba, Harris, Hiiberd)

I'm bringing one of them in for Cotchin as he hasn't been at the standard I hoped and is approaching his limit.

I'm trying to look ahead at byes as I'm now going for overall. I'm currently 80.

In round 16 the multiple bye round I have 3 of my best 22 out. If I add Mundy to this it will be 4, one in each position.

In round 17 when the hawks have the bye I only have buddy out so Mitchell wouldn't be too hard to cover.

Let me know which one you think will be the better buy.

Thanks

yorgis

in your case i'd go for sammy as you say you should be able to cover 2 hawks in rnd 17

thatguy

Quote from: yorgis on May 05, 2011, 11:31:07 AM
in your case i'd go for sammy as you say you should be able to cover 2 hawks in rnd 17
agreed

BGK

I have been leaning toward Mitchell but I question whether he can keep up the scores once Hodge starts to fire.

Nails

Everyone will have a few out in rd 16.

I'll have Knights, Sandi (once I trade him in), Grimes and probably Mundy out (planning to get him this week)

Sammy Mitchell plays his worst team this weekend, never ton'd up against them in his career, and Sydney in one of the next 3 games iirc. He should drop a few $$$ over the next few weeks therefore making him a good choice for your LAST upgrade.

Therefore with that in mind I'd get Mundy as Mundy will only go up in price over the next few weeks.

Holz

are you considering anyone else, montagna is priced really nicely for someone who can average 115+

Nails

Quote from: Holzman on May 05, 2011, 12:10:18 PM
are you considering anyone else, montagna is priced really nicely for someone who can average 115+

There's a difference between can and will though Holz

I think Monty if he does improve will average 100-105. Hayes out, more tags for him and more pressure in the mids. I wouldn't pick up Monty myself unless he knocked out back to back tons, which would still leave him dirt cheap anyway.

Holz

Quote from: Nails on May 05, 2011, 12:13:16 PM

I think Monty if he does improve will average 100-105. Hayes out, more tags for him and more pressure in the mids. I wouldn't pick up Monty myself unless he knocked out back to back tons, which would still leave him dirt cheap anyway.

im putting it out there and saying he will average more than these 2 for the rest of the season.

Nails

Quote from: Holzman on May 05, 2011, 12:15:12 PM

im putting it out there and saying he will average more than these 2 for the rest of the season.

Don't think Mundy can continue to average 114? I think Mundy should be 110+ average midfielder and is why I'm probably getting him in this week. Maybe I should wait a week idk.

Holz

Quote from: Nails on May 05, 2011, 12:16:12 PM
Quote from: Holzman on May 05, 2011, 12:15:12 PM

Don't think Mundy can continue to average 114? I think Mundy should be 110+ average midfielder and is why I'm probably getting him in this week. Maybe I should wait a week idk.

i think mundy will endup 100-105 at best, monty and mitchell should both be 110+

Nails

Ziplock

BGK

I really can't bring myself to get Montagna. Saints are shot. I already have 2 misfiring saints as it is (God and Roo).

I didn't realize Mitchell went so bad against Port. Is that because Kornes goes to him? Will he go to him or Hodge? Hodge got pretty shut down while being tagged by Ling the other week.

bundyboy

wouldn't be worry about mitchell getting less of the ball once hodge gets back...they play very different and complimentary roles...

equally, this year port are just a rabble, and expect mitchell to score plenty - cornes or no cornes....

sammy for me out of that choice.

would love to say monty too....but saints are sliding and not convinced they can re-capture the form they need for any of them to consistently score as high as we might have expected in the past...

BillMurray

Been tossing up between the same two as an upgrade for Ward and ultimately I'm almost 100% on getting Mitchell. Agree with Bundyboy, I wouldn't be worrying about his past averages against Port etc- it's a totally different situation with how woeful the power have become lately. Also, keep in mind Mitchell has a dream run as the season progresses, facing the Gold Coast twice (one in GF week)  8). 
-Remember that opposition teams now have Shaun Burgoyne at the front of their minds when thinking tags (along with Cyril & Hodge) so don't be too worried at all about the lock going to Mitchell.