I can upgrade Duigan to Enright or Adcock this week... thoughts?

Started by BillyPil, May 05, 2011, 02:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyPil

Hi blokes and lasses... I've got 180k in the bank and looking to offload Duigan since his BE is now higher than his average.
I can afford either Enright or Adcock, and am after your valued opinions on who and why.

My thinking currently is Adcock because he's in form, and he's bound to score well against the Suns. However Enright is a more proven performer.

Help me decide. Thanks in advance!

Holz

enright is in decent form aswell, the way i normally choose is based on teams and gellong typically score pretty well in DT most weeks. Brisbane on the other hand are likely to get killed some games and therefore its not good for DT.

BillyPil

this is my existing backline, for reference:
Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Duffield, Heppell, Stanley, Lower (Toy, Duigan, Otten)

BillyPil

Cheers Holz.  That is how I normally decide too but Adcock seems to be doing very well in spite of Brisbane not being able to win a game, which muddies the waters a bit.

Fireballz

Yer I'm with Holz. Enright for me as a proven performer over an extended period of time. Safer bet (though nothing is safe in DT  ;) )

C-Dogg

BillyPil

haha, I might take you seriously if I was in the market for a unique who averages in the 60's!

I'm surprised there aren't more people talking up Adcock, but it sounds like the longterm safe bet is the way to go.

Chopps

i went adcock as an upgrade as i was wary of the forward tag on enright, last year that only came at the end of the season tho

Ziplock

yeah, I also seem to remember enright struggling with the forward tag. Is he over it now?

Holz

Quote from: BillyPil on May 05, 2011, 07:15:50 AM
haha, I might take you seriously if I was in the market for a unique who averages in the 60's!

I'm surprised there aren't more people talking up Adcock, but it sounds like the longterm safe bet is the way to go.

adcock is great, but with the 2 no longer much difference in price probably better to have enright. Saying that i have had adcock all season and he is a great pickup.

Nails

You have to consider what about when Drummond (a better rebounding kick than Adcock) comes back into side this week/next.

Definitely won't be using Adcock as much as a rebounding half back. Yes he's probably done a fair bit of midfield but still gets a few kicks from the backline.

Drummond is the quarterback of quarterbacks in AFL. Adcock is Drummond's grasshopper. Can you expect him to still pump out such large scores once Drummond is back?

Nails

Drummond named... Might throw a spanner into your works :o

BillyPil

Nails, that is a very good point.

I've pulled the trigger and gone for Enright. (I'm in the UK, so would only have a small window tomorrow morning before lockout)

I'm happy with that, as even if Duigan meets his BE (which I have doubts that he will) he won't go up much more over the next few weeks. I expect Adcock to ton up this week against GC, but I'm hoping that Enright will be an injury-free keeper.

Thanks for your help fellas, and good luck for the round!

Windigo

Just to make sure....

Enright.

Adcock is to expensive for a bloke who get's injured a lot, he is still great.

But he was great to have picked up at the start IMO.  ;)