Eliminator Opponent

Started by deekay, May 04, 2011, 06:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glynman90

Uh oh, this week I'm playing someone ranked higher than me for the first time. Holgers Heroes is ranked 114 overall and scored 2259 last week! His team looks good...carrying Selwood on the bench but still has 6 premium midfielders, though one is Chappy. I still think I'm a chance if I don't make another mistake like leaving Smith on the bench like last week.

Fenno

I think I should get a a win this week. Team im playing is ranked just over 3000 its not a bad team but I just don't see how I can loose and thats without the bye but even thats working in my favour as I only have Cox out where as he has Cox, Priddis and Darling out.

upthemaidens

i reakon im playing someone who joined late, he is ranked 110,000th, but has a full premium starting line-up.  i think i'm in trouble, he has ryder against griffin for me, so i might win that match up, but it will be close.

Ziplock

lowly ranked and in elim at this point means he probs didnt make his team until just before rd 3 lockout.

glynman90

Final Matchups:

Me vs Opponent

Deledio (79) vs Suckling
Shaw vs Heppell

Boyd (C) (186) vs Murphy (C) (194)
Murphy (97) vs Boyd (93)
Thompson vs Mitchell
Ablett (175) vs Mzungu (108)

Petrie vs Bailey

Stevie J vs Fyfe (104)
Riewoldt vs Harvey
Higgins (100) vs Chappy

Wish I gave Gazza the C but things are still looking good so far.

Possumo

Quote from: glynman90 on July 01, 2011, 09:50:54 PM
Final Matchups:

Me vs Opponent

Deledio vs Suckling
Shaw vs Heppell

Boyd (C) vs Murphy (C)
Thompson vs Mitchell
Ablett vs Mzungu

Petrie vs Bailey

Stevie J vs Fyfe
Riewoldt vs Harvey
Higgins vs Chappy

In trouble early with Boyd only on 33 at halftime.

Your either equal or close to it in most of those matchups, or with a pretty good advantage (eg Petrie vs Bailey, Ablett vs Mzungu) so you should be fine mate.

nostradamus

At the moment l have a lead of 165 over my opponent in eliminator.......who is ranked MUCH higher than me

.....we both have shaw,goddard pendles, swan, mitchell and petrie to play

.....and have played our captains, mine was ablett ;D, he had pav

.....the points of difference are adcock, franklin and roo for me, against redden, bailey and l.smith for him

So basically it comes down to 165+adcock, franklin and roo versus redden, bailey and l.smith  8)

Fenno

Quote from: nostradamus on July 03, 2011, 11:03:43 AM
At the moment l have a lead of 165 over my opponent in eliminator.......who is ranked MUCH higher than me

.....we both have shaw,goddard pendles, swan, mitchell and petrie to play

.....and have played our captains, mine was ablett ;D, he had pav

.....the points of difference are adcock, franklin and roo for me, against redden, bailey and l.smith for him

So basically it comes down to 165+adcock, franklin and roo versus redden, bailey and l.smith  8)
You can't loose. Good stuff. Mine is very close using assistant coach im predicted to win by 18 we both had Ablett captain so whoever looses is going to loose with a pretty decent score considering both of us should give 2300 a nudge

Ziplock

going to need some huge games from dal santo, jacobs and adcock, while quiet games from montag + mcevoy to win lol.