Eliminator Opponent

Started by deekay, May 04, 2011, 06:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Spite on May 04, 2011, 07:20:14 PM
Quote from: Nails on May 04, 2011, 07:09:38 PM
Quote from: deekay on May 04, 2011, 07:05:08 PM
Quote from: Nails on May 04, 2011, 06:59:41 PM
Same as me. Pretty sure it means they just started and registered but never completed their team.

You could field 21 donuts and still win ;)

Thats my worry.... have they registered and not completed a team in order to create a 'Super Team' to win or do really well in the eliminator (similar to people that make a team to win the round).
Therefore, getting all the fallen premiums etc.

They still only get 8.1mil though and haven't been able to make all the upgrades we've made. Don't worry, I'd 99% of teams like ours are spuds who didn't bother.

That's not correct. They could have put in 32 players including rookies who would have gone up in cash and kept cash on hand to play around with their team and make a super human one...

I have heard of teams doing that but instead of just rookies you have the most expensive premium on each line (sometimes the top 2)  and the team ends up crazy.

Spite

Haha my friend texted me this about his opponent this week and nothing else.

Change In Team Value...$-154,700

Slap

LOL I have the easiest opponent!!

He has Cloke, Dawes, Didak, Pendles, Swan, O'Brien, Maxwell, Blair. hahaha ALOT of Doughnuts!

and the rest of his players are rookies that haven't even got a game yet!!  BOOYAH

Nails

Same as me. Pretty sure it means they just started and registered but never completed their team.

Thats my worry.... have they registered and not completed a team in order to create a 'Super Team' to win or do really well in the eliminator (similar to people that make a team to win the round).

They still only get 8.1mil though and haven't been able to make all the upgrades we've made. Don't worry, I'd 99% of teams like ours are spuds who didn't bother.

That's not correct. They could have put in 32 players including rookies who would have gone up in cash and kept cash on hand to play around with their team and make a super human one...

Nope.
Doesn't work like that. You have to have a saved team to have ANY players in your team i.e. one that shows up for your opponent. If you haven't got 33 players saved you don't get any player price rises or anything. A 32 player team is as useful as a team with zero players.

elephants

Nails

Quote from: elephants on May 04, 2011, 07:31:21 PM
still cant see my dude?

Sorry LE, you're not good enough for the eliminator.

Virtual Sports and I agreed that we would not let you compete this year.

Chopps

just looked at mine hahah if i lose i will remove my team from the comp

14 non playing
-221k loss in value
avg 872

Fenno

Wow had a decent week last week and moved into the top 1000 and get rewarded with a half decent team in the eliminator. Averages nearly 1800. Can't see myself loosing but I don't get a bye like most others

deekay

Quote from: Nails on May 04, 2011, 07:27:36 PM

Nope.
Doesn't work like that. You have to have a saved team to have ANY players in your team i.e. one that shows up for your opponent. If you haven't got 33 players saved you don't get any player price rises or anything. A 32 player team is as useful as a team with zero players.

Well my argument is that i have only made 2 trades... i havent upgraded yet. I will be really 'cheesed' off if this guy beats me by making a team for the purpose of eliminator.

Chopps

Quote from: deekay on May 04, 2011, 08:26:21 PM

Nope.

Well my argument is that i have only made 2 trades... i havent upgraded yet. I will be really 'cheesed' off if this guy beats me by making a team for the purpose of eliminator.

that would suck

deekay

Quote from: Chopps on May 04, 2011, 09:01:29 PM
Quote from: deekay on May 04, 2011, 08:26:21 PM

Nope.

that would suck

+1 :( knowing my luck will probably happen, id rather a team at the moment that is okay, but i can still win..

elephants

Quote from: Nails on May 04, 2011, 07:32:00 PM
Quote from: elephants on May 04, 2011, 07:31:21 PM
still cant see my dude?

Sorry LE, you're not good enough for the eliminator.

Virtual Sports and I agreed that we would not let you compete this year.
oh okay. thanks for notifying me Nails!
would have hated to have gotten to friday night, expecting to be in an intense eliminator battle, and been totally embarassed!

elephants

FINALLY! my guy averages 1300.
has a good team on paper, consisting of guns like suckling, gibbs, goddard, curnow and libba.
but then serious spuds such as nic nat, hale, kerr (all starting)

glynman90

Hahah...the guy I'm playing only has Collingwood players BUT no Swan!!!

Holz

Quote from: glynman90 on May 04, 2011, 10:54:33 PM
Hahah...the guy I'm playing only has Collingwood players BUT no Swan!!!

yeah there must be heaps of joke teams out there, I remember playing an all eagles team last year.