Eliminator Opponent

Started by deekay, May 04, 2011, 06:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on June 19, 2011, 12:28:06 AM
I thought I'd be stuffed after this weekend.

We have 4 same players remaining.

bonus is for me i'm up by 46 points.

i have goodes, fyfe and darling... he has only yarran and lower.

one would think I have it in the bag.

My bro thought he had it in the bag too. He was up by 100 with 8 players to go vs 7 players. Most different. Too bad he had bartel and riewoldt while the other guy had redden etc. He now finds himself down by 50 with only 3 players different to go vs 4 players...

That being said, unless fyfe hurts his shoulder and is down for 0 points, you shouldn't lose!!!

Memphistopheles

Gonna be a real close one.

I have these 7 players left

Gibbs
Lower
Murphy
Cox
Pavlich
Goodes
Mzungu

He has
Gibbs
Duigan
Lower
Murphy (C)
Judd
Cox
Fyfe
Pavlich
Mzungu

So essentially the matchup comes down to Goodes v Judd, Duigan and Fyfe plus Murphy's captain score.

It looks like i'm doomed.

Until you see that I have a 223 point lead - 1396 v 1176.

Gonna be heart-wrenching tomorrow - really need Goodes to fire against Carlton and outscore both Murphy and Judd convincingly.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Spite on June 19, 2011, 12:47:37 AM
Quote from: Wes Mantooth on June 19, 2011, 12:28:06 AM
I thought I'd be stuffed after this weekend.

We have 4 same players remaining.

bonus is for me i'm up by 46 points.

i have goodes, fyfe and darling... he has only yarran and lower.

one would think I have it in the bag.

2009 vs 1876 ...got home... onto the 8th round
My bro thought he had it in the bag too. He was up by 100 with 8 players to go vs 7 players. Most different. Too bad he had bartel and riewoldt while the other guy had redden etc. He now finds himself down by 50 with only 3 players different to go vs 4 players...

That being said, unless fyfe hurts his shoulder and is down for 0 points, you shouldn't lose!!!

Wes Mantooth

this week it didnt matter.

in one of my leagues i lost my first game, im ranked top 300 they rank ...who knows

they beat me by almost 200 points. annoying... all of their very unique (normally crap) players kicked butt.

glynman90

I only scored 1876 but won by 142! The guy I played was ranked 1045 but had horrible luck this week. I guess one man's loss is another's gain : ;D

Ziplock

I scored 2058. Came up against the guy ranked 61st in the competition... he scored 2050.

boomotherflowerer.

and I had boyd captain instead of ablett :(

hardnut

Got up, holding Selwood, Sandi, Adcock and with Shaw, Pendles, Krak on the bye thats a good one to win

upthemaidens

i won, bring on next week
so now its the final 2k,  still not even half way... 11 games to go,what a marathon

Ziplock

I'm in... +, jumped 2000 rankings this week to 2100!

:-X

Fenno

I scraped a win again even with a poor score. Although can't be as poor as some because some how I moved up the rankings 21 spots

glynman90

Trouble this week.

Playing willowtrees who has no Saints players! How unlucky can I get!? He also got an eliminator rank last week of 58, scoring 2120. Although, I'm ranked higher overall and he is carrying Selwood on the bench so it should be close still. He doesn't have Swan or Pendlebury either...very strange team but could easily beat mine.

glynman90

Here's me vs his final team:

Scotland vs Hurn
Deledio (87) vs Nicoski
Shaw (62) vs Lower (73) -11
Heppell (81) vs Stanley (79) +2
Hibberd (51) vs Harry Taylor (82) -31

Boyd (C) (272) vs Ablett (C) (236) +36
Thompson (101) vs Judd
Pendlebury (107) vs Mitchell (128) -21
Swan (125) vs Hodge (100) +25
Ablett (118) vs Kerr

Smith (66) vs Sandilands (47) +19

Sylvia (74) vs Chapman (93) -19
Goodes (92) vs Jurrah (90) +2
Knights (73) vs Rioli (67) +6
Higgins (57) vs Krakouer (61) -4
Mzungu (0) vs I. Smith (128) -138

Currently losing by 136 thanks to putting Mzungu with no cover over Smith. Will take a mammoth effort from here...

TigerBob

This far into the eliminator comp I was expecting tough opponents all the way home

HOWEVER

The muppet i'm playing this week has goddard on the field with no defense emergency
AND
he had buddy as captain, with daniel stewart forward emergency

the only thing he did right was give g.ablett the VC

Anyone else go this issue, not that i'm complaining...

Ziplock

:( wish I was in your shoes lol.

Jake8

dude your really lucky i wish i was versing him