Eliminator Opponent

Started by deekay, May 04, 2011, 06:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possumo

Won my last 5 league matches after getting thrashed in my first two, and have won all my eliminator matches too... so far!

Sounds like I'm due for a really tough opponent this week, although the guy I played on the weekend was higher ranked than me by a fair bit.

Good luck to everyone next weekend, and let's hope no one has a footy god moment :P

Chopps

Quote from: Footy God on May 30, 2011, 12:13:32 AM
My guy got extremely lucky with the likes of Guerra, Murphy (C) making him win by 21.

What a joke

ahh that sucks he ll be out next week then Guerra one it for him

Chelskiman

Won mine with ease.  2095 to 1770.

Memphistopheles

Eliminated another fool, however didn't have the best round, only scoring 2081 to his 1947 - my closest game so far.

I think I will draw a tough opponent next, but believe I have the team to defeat them.

Does anyone know how the Eliminator ranking is worked out each round? Is it the top scores from the previous round, the highest overall score of the teams left in Eliminator or the overall scores of each team since the Eliminator comp began?

I guess what i'm trying to find out is if I will draw an easy opponent because of my massive score last week (and good scores previously), as a pose to a hard one due to my lower score this week.

cmgb84

i read somewhere on the eliminator section that the highest ranking eligible team plays the lowest ranking team in round 7, the loser obviously being knocked out. this process is followed through until there is only 1 team left. so basically, your low score this week will prob put you up against a more difficult team.

valkorum

Scrapped through this round to still be alive

Spite

So it works like this:
The highest score of the round (who is eligible for the eliminator and has not been eliminated yet) is ranked 1. The second highest is ranked 2 etc... The top half of teams remaining, (so if there is 128k left, then the top 64k) plays randomly the bottom 64k. I looked up the rules this year, and it is definitely random. So the key to winning the eliminator is to always be ranked somewhere in the top half, and hope to play the lowest of ranked remaining players in the lowest half of remaining teams.
Last season in a round I was ranked 4th for the eliminator, and I played 2nd in the bottom half and nearly lost. I was also ranked 254th (out of 256) and defeated the 10th ranked player that week who was overall 8th. It is definitely random.

bundyboy

well not my best score - but hit a winner by 100 points...yeh  ;D

how it works is all too confusing to me....and who the heck really cares - i thought we would just all be trying to put our best score out there no matter who you are playing....

cross fingers - and bring on next week !

Slap

still alive an kicking..  I have a few uniques that could see me through to the end.  But more likely see me out within the next few rounds :P

Botak

I was damned lucky to get by this week... my opponent was ranked much higher than me, and I only beat him by about 30 points.... still I think this year has been by best year yet for eliminator... usually I only last one or two games... three wins now (not including the gimme at the start).... Pretty happy so far, but also pretty sure this weekend I'll bow out.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Spite on May 30, 2011, 02:52:20 PM
So it works like this:
The highest score of the round (who is eligible for the eliminator and has not been eliminated yet) is ranked 1. The second highest is ranked 2 etc... The top half of teams remaining, (so if there is 128k left, then the top 64k) plays randomly the bottom 64k. I looked up the rules this year, and it is definitely random. So the key to winning the eliminator is to always be ranked somewhere in the top half, and hope to play the lowest of ranked remaining players in the lowest half of remaining teams.
Last season in a round I was ranked 4th for the eliminator, and I played 2nd in the bottom half and nearly lost. I was also ranked 254th (out of 256) and defeated the 10th ranked player that week who was overall 8th. It is definitely random.

Thanks.

Based on this I should be hoping to eliminate a higher ranked team this week then.

I was ranked 127 last week, hence my easy match-up.

I wouldn't want to be drawing my team though.

Fenno

Playing a team with an average of 2007 this week so my first minor challenge but after looking at his team I should have him covered easy enough.

Memphistopheles

Seems i was wrong - my score was the 4485th best last week, which means i draw someone with an average of 1937.

They have an interesting team, but i feel confident of a win.

Their defence needs to have three of Trengrove, Lower, Pratt, Hurley, Markovic and Jacobs playing.

Rucks are Nic Nat and Smith

Forwards - pick three of Grundy, Darling, McKernan, Menzel, A Johnson and T Lynch.

Holz

im playing some guy who is ranked 4k so it could be challenge but from the looks of it we have a very very simular team but probably more like my team a few weeks ago as i have been double trading the last 4 rounds.

I should be home easily assuming no surprise trades.

OPPONENT  v  MY TEAM

Enright v Scotland     (slight win)
Lower v Pup             ( coin toss)
Mitchell v Selwood     (Selwood Captain should give small edge)
Krak v Pendles          ( i would hope a big win)
Bailey v Petrie           ( again should be a 30+ point win)
Goodes v Chappy      ( slight edge)
Darling v Didak          ( i could get smashed or could pull a big score)

should be a 100+ point win based on this i would assume

Fenno

Quote from: Holzman on June 01, 2011, 04:52:11 PM
im playing some guy who is ranked 4k so it could be challenge but from the looks of it we have a very very simular team but probably more like my team a few weeks ago as i have been double trading the last 4 rounds.

I should be home easily assuming no surprise trades.

OPPONENT  v  MY TEAM

Enright v Scotland     (slight win)
Lower v Pup             ( coin toss)
Mitchell v Selwood     (Selwood Captain should give small edge)
Krak v Pendles          ( i would hope a big win)
Bailey v Petrie           ( again should be a 30+ point win)
Goodes v Chappy      ( slight edge)
Darling v Didak          ( i could get smashed or could pull a big score)

should be a 100+ point win based on this i would assume
Can't see how you could loose with those matchups. Yea he may make a trade but your team will be still ahead