Which Docker... the proven star or rising jet?

Started by thatguy, May 04, 2011, 12:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Freo player to replace Yarran

The mighty Pav
21 (56.8%)
Fyfey
16 (43.2%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Holz

Quote from: love4thegame on May 04, 2011, 03:58:02 PM
i think experienced dt players will go pav because he will never let you down!
rookie dt-ers are a fyfe man based on his rd 6 average ;)

my point exactly fyfe at most will average around 5 more, but worse case scenario could average 20 less.  I personally believe that pav will easily outscore fyfe this year.

thatguy

Quote from: Holzman on May 04, 2011, 04:13:27 PM
Quote from: love4thegame on May 04, 2011, 03:58:02 PM
i think experienced dt players will go pav because he will never let you down!
rookie dt-ers are a fyfe man based on his rd 6 average ;)

my point exactly fyfe at most will average around 5 more, but worse case scenario could average 20 less.  I personally believe that pav will easily outscore fyfe this year.

we dont see a lot of freo down here in tas... what role is pav playing? more high forward again?

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: AlexIsOnFire on May 04, 2011, 01:15:59 PM
Fyfe is catching a lot of teams attention, wont be long before someone tags him imo,

I think unless u had him from the start, focus on the actual premiums rather then trying to jump on board with hot in form players who hav already gone up heaps

+1.

Windigo

Pencil thin Fyfe has been versing mediocre opposition thus far.

He got 67 against Geelong.....

In saying that, you don't just get handed a ton....Unless you play agaisnt GC that is.  :P

But Pav for security/90's.

Fyfe for a risk but has more pro's than cons.  IMO...

Ziplock

I like him. Consideration has to be given.

Cicjose

Quote from: Fireballz on May 04, 2011, 02:47:08 PM
Fyfe is hurting teams at the moment so I think he may become the focus of more attention by opposition coaches. Pav is the man for me! He's been a bit off so far but I'm tipping him to come back to racking up 100+ scores week in week out  8)

I'm pretty sure pav doesn't racks up back to back 100's that often

elephants

i have had fyfey since the very beginning but if i didnt i wouldnt bring him in now.
he has leapt too much in price and yes he will be tagged soon and perhaps the introduction of barlow nack into the midfield will see fyfey return to his dodgy half forward flank role?

Fireballz

Quote from: Cicjose on May 04, 2011, 05:56:45 PM
Quote from: Fireballz on May 04, 2011, 02:47:08 PM
Fyfe is hurting teams at the moment so I think he may become the focus of more attention by opposition coaches. Pav is the man for me! He's been a bit off so far but I'm tipping him to come back to racking up 100+ scores week in week out  8)

I'm pretty sure pav doesn't racks up back to back 100's that often
90+ scores then?  :P

P.S. Pav circa 2007 had a couple on the run http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/year.php?firstname=Matthew&surname=Pavlich&year=2007

Holz

saying all this i wouldnt get any docker forward. Franklin and Sylvia are beter picks, goodes, didak  and voldt will be good value in a few weeks and chapman is a superstar. If you have those 6 than i would look at picking up 1 of them.

Ziplock

I don't think I'll touch sylvia this season. I reckon dids + pav are alright for me to upgrade to in my fwds.

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on May 05, 2011, 11:58:34 AM
I don't think I'll touch sylvia this season. I reckon dids + pav are alright for me to upgrade to in my fwds.

why not sylvia is averaging more than both and is being very consistent has score 90+ in all but 1 game.

Ziplock

injury concerns mostly, Pav and sylv will end up averaging similiar, and Dids should be lifting soon.

bundyboy

Melb playing worse and worse - so just going to be tough for sylvia to keep it up...
Sorry Holz - but can't recommend him IMO

Pav / Dids in sides with just a hell of a lot more talent - and  particularly dids, has heaps more upside...

if you haven't got him - bargain is going to be Roo if you believe Saints are ever going to come good.....