Opinion on a trade

Started by lasonjin, May 04, 2011, 10:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasonjin

ok, so my midfielders and forwards look like this at the moment:
- bartel, montagna, cotchin, rich, foley, curnow, liberatore, harris and bewick
- franklin, pavlich, goodes, riewoldt, knights, petrie, darling, krakouer, matera and richardson

unless anyone can convince me otherwise, i'm pretty intent on trading in fyfe before this round starts; so that leaves me with the question of who for? the way i see it i have three options...
- rich: gives me an mpp link, considerably more cash in the bank than bewick so more cash to play with in the next few rounds as i get my premiums in, lets bewick mature a bit more before i cull him
- bewick: gives me an mpp link, gives rich a chance to redeem himself before i drop him, possible concerns over his job security/injury (?)
- richardson: strong concerns about his job security, saves me having to trade for another forward premium later down the track

so yeah, those are my reasonings; if people can tell me who i should trade out for fyfe, that'd be much appreciated. or if you think fyfe is a dud, please do tell.

Ziplock

a little bit of a risk, but probably one worth taking. I don't actually know rich's stats, is he a keeper, or just bleeding money like no tomorrow atm?

Richardson looks the way to go, almost no JS and has been dropped from his team, coupled with poor scores.

lasonjin

rich has been...subpar, he's had scores of 95 86 77 63 60, so trending the wrong way. he does have GCS this round though, so i'm strongly considering keeping him around for that; but with a BE of about 112, it really makes me wonder if i should (he has ESS, NTH and ADE after this round). so far he's dropped about 16k and will probably drop more... :C

yorgis

i think rockliff and redden are taking away possessions from richie, can't really see him picking up too much more

lasonjin

Slap

Rich isnt a massive accumulator of possession week in week out.  He just is so damaging - but that is no use in DT.  Trade Rich out, You'd have to at some point.  Then eventually move Fyfe into your fwds and upgrade your mids.