Previous topic - Next topic

pothead

Quote from: MajorLazer on May 08, 2011, 10:16:36 AM
Quote from: pothead on May 08, 2011, 09:08:15 AM
Quote from: MTTY on May 08, 2011, 01:15:43 AM
Quote from: MajorLazer on May 07, 2011, 11:10:54 PM
Can you give me a step by step guide?
Here you go ML

1. Go to the folder you downloaded for the 2010 lists.
2. It should look like a folder with a zip, left click on the folder and click extract all.
3. Open Footy Fanatic.
4. Click on Utilities.
5. Click Import rosters.
6. Click Create New.
7. Name the Roster.
8. Find the 2010 lists folder (without a zip on it) the extracted one.
9. Click on it.
10. It should bring you to another folder on its own, click on that.
11. It will then bring you to team folders, scroll down to SeasonStats, click on that.
12. Press Import Roster
13. You are now ready to play go to New Career but make sure where it says roster to change it to that roster you have just created if it already hasen't.
well you explained that a lot better than me as i said i'm not good at explaining things :P
Ok thanks MTTY and Pothead. :)
no problem

AFEV

Not mac compatible for those who were wondering. Wrong file type I tried to change it to dmg & it didn't work.

Looks like I will have to try it on my old desktop o.O

Newman17

Oi, guys ive got the 2011 version i currently am playing on carrer mode which i made, but it dosent have gold coast on it and i have another list where if you wanted to  do a redraft of the players i added like 20 gold coast players to the game. Let me know if u want it.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9R0WC6WJ
Thats the 2011 one without Gold Coast!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PABWXLK0
Thats the 2011 one with goldcoast but only for redraft!

pothead

thanks heaps mate, i have been hoping to find a 2011 list with gold coast players for ages  :)

Sapientia

Essentially, I've decided to write out a 2013 roster for footy fanatic (the game). What I'm struggling with is rating some of the players and positioning them. If anyone would like to volunteer as much or as little of their time to help me out, I'd love them to bits.

For those who care, so far I've added every player to the database. Right now, I'm playing a career with the 16 teams minus GC/GWS and updated players. Each player has been updated with correct height/weight/position 1, 2 & 3/key or non key/career games, new players (since '09) have had their junior details added and debut years, rookies are listed as so, player numbers are correct, players are matched to their teams and I've scaled back debuts and birthdates so they appear in game at the start of a save as old as they currently are.

That's the boring, dense, awful stuff. What I haven't done is the semi-fun part; rating the players. If anyone wants to help with that, it'd be great.

I'm happy to upload my current database for anyone to use - it'd mean you could rate the players and not have to add them in. I've got two - one with the 16 teams, and one with the 18 teams. I'm sure you could move things around such that the suns/giants were included in the 16 career mode teams. I intend to see if I can edit the game so it's an 18 team league but I'm not sure if I could, I doubt it.

I do intend to upload the complete product for anyone to use once I've done the ratings too, and I'll leave an email in case the upload site fails/downloading fails, then I can just re-upload. I do plan to continue this for 2014 etc. if there's sufficient usage !

Anyway, what I'm here to ask: does anyone want to just rate a list of players out of 100 for me? Ablett'd be a 98/99, Watson a 95, franklin a 97 but someone like Ed Curnow only a 75 or something. A 2nd round draftee would average about 55.

All good if nobody's keen but it wouldn't take long and it'd help me out heaps, especially for clubs I'm not too familiar with. Doesn't require game knowledge, just afl knowledge! You'd just take a team list of afl players and rate them. Let me know if you plan to help me out though in advance so I can give you the list to make it a lot quicker (as it has to be in a certain format which sucks - so if I gave you the list in advance it'd cut down my time in adding ratings and your time as you wouldn't have to type out names, only ratings :p)

Sapientia.

Sapientia

Sapientia

I've got about 65% of this done so far. I'm looking at releasing 2013 rosters in 10-14 days, for those who were interested - not many it seems.

If anyone wanted to help me out it'd be much appreciated, but if not, that's fine too I guess.

Sapientia.

Jroo

Quote from: Sapientia on April 09, 2013, 12:59:00 PM
I've got about 65% of this done so far. I'm looking at releasing 2013 rosters in 10-14 days, for those who were interested - not many it seems.

If anyone wanted to help me out it'd be much appreciated, but if not, that's fine too I guess.

Sapientia.
Hey mate, if you look above I made the 2011 lists by myself even though there was a few mistakes.
Great job so far. It'll be good to just play them on practice or even do a fantasy draft  ;D
What teams haven't been done? And what do I have to do? Actually edit their skills on footy fanatic, or just tell you each players overall and their position or something?

Sapientia

It's much easier that I just edit the core skills I think, but I want to ensure they're, combined, a realistic representation of the player. So really, I'd just ask people take an AFL list and give me perceived overalls, nothing beyond that.

Any club; the greater the sample the better - although I've got no second opinion on the Magpies, Hawks, Giants, Suns, Power, Saints or Swans so I'd prefer them. Positions I've already got, all I'm trying to ensure is unbiased and realistic ratings so the more samples and opinions the better.

So yeah, any club for anyone who wants to help, really. If anyone does decide to, try and (don't try too hard though :p) centre the ratings of the top 22 so the average is about 80. So far I've had 10 people help me with different lists and all of them without me telling them this have had the mean of the top 22 = between 79 and 82 so I think people centre it around there without meaning to which is good but yeah :)

Sapientia.

Jroo

Quote from: Sapientia on April 09, 2013, 05:57:27 PM
It's much easier that I just edit the core skills I think, but I want to ensure they're, combined, a realistic representation of the player. So really, I'd just ask people take an AFL list and give me perceived overalls, nothing beyond that.

Any club; the greater the sample the better - although I've got no second opinion on the Magpies, Hawks, Giants, Suns, Power, Saints or Swans so I'd prefer them. Positions I've already got, all I'm trying to ensure is unbiased and realistic ratings so the more samples and opinions the better.

So yeah, any club for anyone who wants to help, really. If anyone does decide to, try and (don't try too hard though :p) centre the ratings of the top 22 so the average is about 80. So far I've had 10 people help me with different lists and all of them without me telling them this have had the mean of the top 22 = between 79 and 82 so I think people centre it around there without meaning to which is good but yeah :)

Sapientia.
Okay yeah I'll see how many I can do out of Magpies, Hawks, Giants, Suns, Power, Saints or Swans.
I'll post them here when I'm done.

Jroo

What are you looking for in terms of percentage of players over 90, 80 and 70 and so on. Also what's the lowest a player can be rated? I've done GWS, but might need to make some adjustments after I hear the answer.

Sapientia

You're a champion mate.

I've not gone for any set distribution so far and it's gone well so far, I've just rated/had people rate players as far as they deserve. As long as the mean of the top 22 is between 77 and 84 I'm happy. I've done collingwood and theirs is 82.9 so far while Melbourne's is 77.9 and the rest lie between 79.2 and 81.7 without even trying to. Hope that makes sense. Don't worry about calculating the mean of those players either; I've got a little thing that will calculate it automatically and scale different echolons of players into the right zones if it's a little biased; all I'm looking for is the 'relative' difference between players; I can scale easily.

Just trust your gut, really. I'll scale it if need be! Lowest for a best 22 player so far is about ~70 while the spuds rate 45-50. Pendlebury/Selwood are 96/97 etc.

Jroo

Here's my first one. Maybe could've rated some lower, if the spuds must be 45-50  :-\
GWS
Phil Davis - 78
Curtly Hampton - 75
Stephen Coniglio - 76
Toby Greene -80
Dylan Shiel - 75
Lachie Whitfield - 73
Rhys Palmer - 76
Callan Ward - 83
Tom Scully - 78
Devon Smith - 74
Taylor Adams - 73
Jonathon Patton - 75
Sam Darley - 72
Tomas Bugg - 74
Tim Golds - 64
Nathan Wilson - 67
Adam Treloar - 75
Jeremy Cameron - 75
Nick Haynes - 69
Adam Tomlinson -68
Matthew Buntine - 70
Shaun Edwards - 67
Sam Reid - 69
Jonathan O'Rourke - 71
Anthony Miles - 73
Jonathan Giles - 78
Andrew Phillips - 68
Liam Sumner - 69
Dom Tyson - 73
Lachlan Plowman - 70
Jacob Townsend - 68
Gerald Ugle - 64
Will Hoskin-Elliott - 70
Kristian Jaksch - 68
Aidan Corr - 70
James Stewart - 65
Setanta O'hAilpin - 74
Stephen Gilham - 76
Tim Mohr - 74
Adam Kennedy - 69
Joshua Growden - 65
Mark Whiley - 63
Kurt Aylett - 62
Thomas Downie - 66
Sam Schulz - 64
Bret Thornton - 74
Josh Bruce - 62
Sam Frost - 68
Dean Brogan - 74
Chad Cornes - 76

Rookies
Joseph Redfern - 52
Zachary Williams - 53

Sapientia

Looks good on first look. Will probably only average about 75 so I might scale up some of the top end talent but it'll help big time. Thanks a bunch :)

Jroo

Quote from: Sapientia on April 09, 2013, 09:56:24 PM
Looks good on first look. Will probably only average about 75 so I might scale up some of the top end talent but it'll help big time. Thanks a bunch :)
No problems you're doing an awesome job yourself, must be hard work for you.
I'll see if I can finish some more tonigh and I'll send them through in the morning  :)