Wallis vs Iles.

Started by TMurphBROWNLOW, May 02, 2011, 07:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the two would you trade in this week?

Iles
33 (52.4%)
Wallis
30 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 6

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Andrew on May 05, 2011, 08:31:24 PM
Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 05, 2011, 08:29:06 PM
Quote from: Prospector_1 on May 05, 2011, 08:21:24 PM
Wallis for the scores - GCS, apart from Ablett, should have all been in your team at R1. They are a losing team --> poor scores.

just a tad harsh. what do you have to say about swallow and harris?

Fair call about GC players but along with the above examples, they play Brisbane Port and North Melbourne in the next month. Iles should rise at least $100k me thinks and pretty quickly, which makes Libba -> Iles a pretty safe bet. Wallis won't be too bad but Lake, Hall & Libba possibilities to come back soon... I wouldn't risk his job security.

also could question libba's JS if wallis performs really well, making it an even safer trade libba -> iles :)

Prospector_1

Quote from: Windigo on May 05, 2011, 08:25:29 PM
QuoteGCS are losers

Give them time.

OK, "losers this year".

MissPiesFF

Iles scored a nice package of 74 against a whooping from Dons. Plus he has not played his third game yet.
Break even is - 36  $$$$$$$$

Wallis has only played two games also. BE of - 9. Although he did reasonably well (70)against Pies I do not like his chances against the stoppages of Syd considering he is a MID.

Windigo

QuoteOK, "losers this year".

They will improve as time goes on. They have un-tapped talent and in a few years. Those players will be the stars of the future.

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Windigo on May 05, 2011, 08:43:23 PM
They will improve as time goes on. They have un-tapped talent and in a few years. Those players will be the stars of the future.

+1
I only have one GCS player in my team and I am sure this number will rise significantly next year after the little tackers have some good advice from the senior players and more games under their belts.

sledgey7

why did Iles miss the first few games?

Prospector_1

Quote from: Windigo on May 05, 2011, 08:43:23 PM

100% agreed, Windy.

Andrew

The poll on this one is 19 votes all? Incredible! I'm 90% on doing Libba -> Iles. Leaves me with 16 trades and $200k, Chapman & Hibberd in next week.

bundyboy

already have swallow and harris, and didn't really want another GC in mids,....especially with bye coming up in 2 weeks time..

guess that since harris is only temporary for a couple of weeks anyway, i should be safe ??

or else - get wallis....

bugger libba !!!!!

dcmagadia21

Quote from: Lions08 on May 02, 2011, 08:48:16 PM
do you think its worth downgrading libba to iles, even though i have swallow and harris ? or would the better option be wallis
that might be what i'm doing. still undecided :/. but i'm just a little bit worried with having 3 GC mids in my team. but looking at upgrading harris soon so that would leave me with 2 GC mids once again so like nothing happened.

bundyboy

sounds like we're all facing a similar dillemma....but with Iles having much better JS than wallis IMO, he will get the nod...

Hulmie

Myself i think Iles has a better chance of getting constant games being on a weaker team

Andrew

Quote from: dcmagadia21 on May 05, 2011, 10:28:32 PM
Quote from: Lions08 on May 02, 2011, 08:48:16 PM
do you think its worth downgrading libba to iles, even though i have swallow and harris ? or would the better option be wallis
that might be what i'm doing. still undecided :/. but i'm just a little bit worried with having 3 GC mids in my team. but looking at upgrading harris soon so that would leave me with 2 GC mids once again so like nothing happened.

I'm not worried about having 3 GC mids and the bye coming up because Harris or Swallow will be sold after 1-2 more games for me. But regardless they're lower tier midfielders and you shouldn't be playing all 3 in any non-bye affected week in your midfield. Iles looks like a pretty safe bet so with Libba missing a match and every chance of missing another, I'll hop on Iles.

TMurphBROWNLOW

all GC cash cows will be gone by at least round 12 for me.

Prospector_1

It's $18k difference - how would you like to have that to spend?