Wallis vs Iles.

Started by TMurphBROWNLOW, May 02, 2011, 07:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the two would you trade in this week?

Iles
33 (52.4%)
Wallis
30 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 6

stevemac

Iles seems to have more job security because his experience and ability to prove a contest during a flogging but if Wallis can prove his worth, as we've seen with Libba, Eade will back him in for enough games for him to gain +$100,000. My problem is justifying putting Iles alongside 3 other GC players in the midfield (Harris, Swallow and Prestia), so for that reason I am going for Wallis this week.

BTW, is Iles pronounced like aisles or Billy's?

SubbedOff

trading in either Iles or Wallis to avoid the DOHNUT, leaning towards Iles for JS.

Goddard_18

Andrew

I'm sure Iles is the better pick.

glynman90

I'm also leaning towards Iles even though it means I will have 4 GC players in the mids (Prestia, Harris, Swallow and now Iles). I don't think this will matter though because by GC's next bye I will have cashed in Harris/Swallow or both and I can swap Prestia with Higgins or Sylvia in the forwards.

Andrew

Exactly. Gold Coast cash cow are even more tempting because they've already taken a bye. I'm becoming increasingly tempted on selling Libba for Iles. I'm also wanting to do Duigan -> Enright this week, so downgrading Libba will cover that trade and retain my $215k to buy Chapman the week after. Swallow looks like the perfect candidate to sell for Chapman, with Mzungu/Callinan swapping him into the forwards once they get a game.

Strategy falling into place as I hoped... doesn't mean it's a good strategy, however!

TMurphBROWNLOW

libba for iles, planned at the conclusion of the bulldogs/pies game. libba being rested just made it easier... and makes me feel good :D

Windigo

Iles for the JS.....That's if he performs as well as he has in the last 2 years...

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: stevemac on May 05, 2011, 12:08:04 PM

BTW, is Iles pronounced like aisles or Billy's?

im going with that ^

and i've gone iles, out harris next week so it'll be back to a 2man-GC-midfield :D

Prospector_1

Wallis for the scores - GCS, apart from Ablett, should have all been in your team at R1. They are a losing team --> poor scores.

Prospector_1

Wallis - GCS are losers.

Windigo

QuoteThey are a losing team --> poor scores.

That rule isn't exactly dead set true. There are execeptions.

H.H, Redden, Rocky...ETC... ::)

Windigo

QuoteGCS are losers

Give them time.

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Prospector_1 on May 05, 2011, 08:21:24 PM
Wallis for the scores - GCS, apart from Ablett, should have all been in your team at R1. They are a losing team --> poor scores.

just a tad harsh. what do you have to say about swallow and harris?

Andrew

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 05, 2011, 08:29:06 PM
Quote from: Prospector_1 on May 05, 2011, 08:21:24 PM

just a tad harsh. what do you have to say about swallow and harris?

Fair call about GC players but along with the above examples, they play Brisbane Port and North Melbourne in the next month. Iles should rise at least $100k me thinks and pretty quickly, which makes Libba -> Iles a pretty safe bet. Wallis won't be too bad but Lake, Hall & Libba possibilities to come back soon... I wouldn't risk his job security.