Wallis vs Iles.

Started by TMurphBROWNLOW, May 02, 2011, 07:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the two would you trade in this week?

Iles
33 (52.4%)
Wallis
30 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 6

TMurphBROWNLOW

i know there have been topics on this but no one's created a poll and it seems pretty even from what i've read... just wanted a clearer indication! thanks :)

elite

fair few wanting to know the same thing haha, wallis seemed good against a strong collingwood side and could keep his spot, im not sure about iles since i havnt seen him play.

Ago97

im not convinced on both IMO
just worried about their JS

Windigo

Sammy Iles has won back to back B & F's

At Box Hill & the GC. Have to consider.

AlexIsOnFire

Quote from: elite on May 02, 2011, 07:42:32 PM
fair few wanting to know the same thing haha, wallis seemed good against a strong collingwood side and could keep his spot, im not sure about iles since i havnt seen him play.

Hudson and Gia to come back in, with Higgins maybe the week after, surely Wallis will make way for those guys, not for me...

Even if he gets named next week, theres a big chance of being a Sub.

TheHanger

tehy wouldnt have played wallis for just one game, he wont be dropped they will drop someone who is underperforming Rodney needs his rookies to advance quick. Also i was at the Ess GC game and Iles didnt really impress me. He kicked a VERY lucky goal cough*touched on the line*cough and another simple goal and that wont always happen so like 18 points that wont happen every game. Also Wallis was a couple of years ahead of me at my High School so im a bit biased.

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: TheHanger on May 02, 2011, 08:12:05 PM
tehy wouldnt have played wallis for just one game, he wont be dropped they will drop someone who is underperforming Rodney needs his rookies to advance quick. Also i was at the Ess GC game and Iles didnt really impress me. He kicked a VERY lucky goal cough*touched on the line*cough and another simple goal and that wont always happen so like 18 points that wont happen every game. Also Wallis was a couple of years ahead of me at my High School so im a bit biased.

he just finished at my high school last year... :)
im certainly not biased, and im leaning towards iles.

C-Dogg

im getting both, if named of course

Slap

the JS factor worries me with Wallis..  The fact that they have already made way for a new rook in Libba, Security can only be stretched so far.. 

The fact that I'd be worried each week about him getting picked, sort of leads me to say no for him.  If he plays next game and has a blinder though, he'd put his case forward to being in the best 22 for the club and possibly my DT.

elephants

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 02, 2011, 08:33:41 PM

is he a good bloke?
i don't want a White Goodman to be sitting on my mid bench and being a poor influence on my other youngsters such as bewick and hibberd !

TheHanger

well clearly we both went/go to the same school

Lions08

do you think its worth downgrading libba to iles, even though i have swallow and harris ? or would the better option be wallis

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: elephants on May 02, 2011, 08:41:26 PM

is he a good bloke?
i don't want a White Goodman to be sitting on my mid bench and being a poor influence on my other youngsters such as bewick and hibberd !

yeahh i guess so i wasnt very close with him. i was close with libba, we're still good mates and he is a top bloke ;)

TMurphBROWNLOW

Scotch

I'm thinking of grabbing Wallis for Pittard.  Then again he played a pretty average game on the weekend, with a pretty scrappy disposal.  But the wet weather and first game doesn't really work well together so I'll forgive him :P