Main Menu

GAFF

Started by deekay, May 02, 2011, 06:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deekay

Yep, as a biased eagles fan i got him. (and darling  ;D ) but im sick of him being a sub... do i trade him? if so who 2?

used 2 trades. $160k in bank (but going to do the duigan -> enright) this week.

elephants

apparently sumich says he is going to spend some time in the wafl to help his fitness. if this is the case bring in mitch wallis

Blueboys

Dam, I need more $$$ out of him!  :P

C-Dogg

whats he worth, and have u got good back up?? westcoast will start losing games soon, and that means he will get plenty of chances when it happens

deekay

Quote from: C-Dogg on May 02, 2011, 07:09:46 PM
whats he worth, and have u got good back up?? westcoast will start losing games soon, and that means he will get plenty of chances when it happens

$169k and breakeven of 40ish, doesnt look like he will go up unless he gets a full game and none of this sub shower. (hate to say it as an eagles supporter, but actually need an injury in the early stages of the game for him to get a full game....wow I think i support DT more than my team)

deekay

Well arent i happy i kept him... even happier that i HAD to play him this week. 104 pts, a negative B/E and surely going to get a gig next week!

nathan fyfe

As for Darling i suggest to you is go for Daniel Talia from the crows Back Forward he is

browny_wce

Quote from: deekay on July 17, 2011, 09:18:44 PM
Well arent i happy i kept him... even happier that i HAD to play him this week. 104 pts, a negative B/E and surely going to get a gig next week!
wasnt the best idea keeping him, but yeh really liked his game last night
its frustrating Darling keeps getting subbed out he scores pretty decent then they sub him!

Chichos

yeah gun. i had him from the start aswell. his scored 68 and 104 in his first 2 full games of footy. worsfold said in his press conference that he will assess if gaff should be sub. no way mate, gaff should never be sub again. i also dont like how koby stevens is gonna be the sub a lot lately coz he is also going to be an elite midfilder like gaff.

Andrew

Quote from: Chichos on July 17, 2011, 10:18:57 PM
yeah gun. i had him from the start aswell. his scored 68 and 104 in his first 2 full games of footy. worsfold said in his press conference that he will assess if gaff should be sub. no way mate, gaff should never be sub again. i also dont like how koby stevens is gonna be the sub a lot lately coz he is also going to be an elite midfilder like gaff.

I think the strategy is to ease them into footy to a) lengthen careers and b) put onus on the senior players and not the kids as what has happened over the past 3 years. I'm glad to see the results like Gaff's performance on the weekend and if he's fresh & hungry from here on in, well that's only a bonus to the Eagles team. Midfield is looking great for next season.

LEV

gaff could be a good buy in  2012 :)

j959

Quote from: LEV on July 18, 2011, 03:47:45 PM
gaff could be a good buy in  2012 :)
i don't know if he'll be value next year - monitor and see if he's a 3rd yr break-out rule candidate?

Zarts

Gaff won't be good value unless he plays a couple more subbed games to drag his avg back down :P

BillyPil

Gaff is a great player but unfortunately has been a victim of the Eagles healthy list this season. In any other team he would have been given earlier opportunity for full games as players fell around him. The Eagles have had the best run with injuries in the league this season, with 12 of their top 22 being available for every game.

Gaff has to take his opportunities for the remaining games now and set himself up for next year. It's been a tough team to break into, but I think he'll do very well from here on.