I actually have a plan. Thoughts?

Started by LaHug, May 02, 2011, 10:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireballz

I know their form is bad but if I was you I wouldn't be trading out Broughts or Green. Every chance they can turn around their form and be the jets they were previously and with flower all trades left it's what I would call sideways. Upgrading Duigan to Suckling or Enright if you can afford it would be my suggestion (haven't looked at the prices) and hold on the trades until darling, harris, libba and kraks top out.

Ziplock

broughts has a role change and is carrying a back + hammy injury. What else do you need to convince to trade out? I can go shoot off his leg if you want?

LaHug

Broughts is definitely gone. And Green looks VERY old and tired. Plus, he was played in a forward tagging role last week which really didn't help things...

With Duigan and his B/E, ideally I'd trade him out this week, but Green and Broughton are going to fall further in price than he is, so they have to go first.

Andrew

I've got a similar plan with only 18 trades left and $215k in the bank, I'm going to upgrade Duigan this week then getting Hibberd next week and probably get Chapman next week also (him pulling a 150 or a hammy aside). My defence currently is:

Goddard, Delideo, Grimes, Adcock, Gibbs, Lower, Duigan (Toy, Stanley, McKernan)

With Heppell in midfield at the moment being swaped into defence once I get Hibberd.

Who to upgrade to this week tho, though? Suckling or Enright? I wish I got Suckling earlier like I wanted too but I continually chickened out. Now both their prices/breakevens are a double-edged sword and makes it very difficult to seperate. So I have the best info at hand I'm going to utilise my Assistant Coach free trial this week, but going off FanFooty breakevens Suckling is 69 and Enright 99. Duigan is also 66 and I'm betting will not reach 60 this week, so I feel a trade has to be made there.

Will Suckling score 90+ and thus go up a fair bit? Or is it wise to wait another week on if he's worth getting? (I'm sure he is) Should you not get the best you can get in Enright for only $58k more when he's gone down nicely considering good performances thus far though? But he could score low in a North Melbourne thrashing and go down more. I'd struggle to fit in another upgrade in my defence if I don't get him now, as long as Heppell's current scoring continues.

Help, please..! Suckling or Enright this week??

Ziplock

bundyboy

enright - much safer bet, and would expect him to be a keeper.....

suckling - could be a gun - but.....???

LaHug

If you're getting both and keeping both, get Suckling now. If you're only getting one, get Enright.

bundyboy

Quote from: LaHug on May 04, 2011, 10:40:56 PM
If you're getting both and keeping both, get Suckling now. If you're only getting one, get Enright.

exactly ..

Windigo

Suckling was 4th best in Box hill B & F last year.....

As I said before....This week's match will be pivotal for Sucker. Bust a 90+ and he is in....Bust a 50 or less..... :o

LaHug

Quote from: bundyboy on May 04, 2011, 10:42:23 PM
Quote from: LaHug on May 04, 2011, 10:40:56 PM

exactly ..
Now the question is, with such few backline options, is it worth getting both?

I think it is.

Ziplock

yep. Suckling now, enright later. You'd have to have nads of steel to bet on suckling becoming a premo and enrights form dropping atm.

Andrew

Quote from: Ziplock on May 05, 2011, 11:50:29 AM
yep. Suckling now, enright later. You'd have to have nads of steel to bet on suckling becoming a premo and enrights form dropping atm.

LOL last I checked I've got normal testicles :P I'm even considering holding Duigan for another week just to see what happens with Suckling & Enright. The "Suckling now, Enright later" strategy isn't too bad but with Geelong copping a late bye I kind of want to start getting their scores asap (not sure if that's worth thinking about though). With Heppell as my 7th back I'll be able to upgrade him late I guess...

Assistant Coach to the rescue me thinks!

Ziplock

AC isn't any better than the rest of us :P

You want my honest opinion, I think that there's a very solid chance suckling will bust out a very nice score this week, while enright won't make his breakeven. However, I don't know if I would bet on it :P

LaHug

Suckling's out. Getting Enright then.

Andrew

Quote from: LaHug on May 05, 2011, 07:39:09 PM
Suckling's out. Getting Enright then.

I'm so pleased that decision has been made for me. LOL! Getting Enright leaves me with $80k in the bank. About time I went with a sub-$100k bank balance to utilise all my cash out on the field, until great downgrade options come along.

Bit of a shame for Suckling as next two games are v St. Kilda and Sydney at the SCG. Will reassess him after Sydney game but he's unlikely for me now.