I actually have a plan. Thoughts?

Started by LaHug, May 02, 2011, 10:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

I have $233,700 and a measly 18 trades :S
This week:
Broughton --> Suckling or Enright (Broughton has to go and should have a while ago)
Green --> Chapman (Green looks worn out and done)
Leaving me with $121,500 if I go Suckling OR $63,200 if I go Enright.
Next week:
Duigan --> Hibberd (Then switch Heppell into the backs as a keeper)
Leaving me with ~$250k or $190k depending on which back I get this week.

This (sadly) leaves me with 15 trades, and 5 premiums away from a full team.

Thoughts on this? Any changes you would make? Which back should I get? Is Green worth keeping?
If I keep Green, I can go Harris --> Chapman (as long as I take Suckling) but I probably would just leave Chappy for next week and hope he misses his B/E.

Ziplock

losing green and broughts is the only thing you can really do atm, unless you honestly believe green can pump back up to his average. Both Suckling looks nice as a possibility esp. for finals from memory.

Post your full team, with 250k in the bank you should be able to get a tasty upgrade next round.

glynman90

Don't forget the rule not to skimp on your premiums. I'd go Enright over Suckling.

yorgis

when you go for a premo go for a good one .  go broughts >>> enright duigan >>> chaps then sit tight after u get hibbo

LaHug

yorgis, I assume you mean Green to Chaps... But are we even sure Enright is going to be better than Suckling? I might end up with both anyways.

If I get both, surely Suckling would have to be now. Other option is Gram, but hating St. Kilda atm and can't put another Saint in my team.

For those who want/need to see my team (keepers in bold):
Def: Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Goddard, Duigan, Broughton, Lower (Stanley, Toy, Otten)
Mid: Pendlebury, Boyd, Selwood, Heppell, Curnow, Liberatore (Harris, Krakouer, Bewick)
Ruc: Cox, Petrie (Smith, McCauley)
Fwd: Pavlich, Harvey, Franklin, N.Riewoldt, Dawes, Green, Darling (Tapscott, Matera, Richardson)

I intend on having one of the fwd/mid keepers in the midfield to take advantage of DPP. Heppell will be a back keeper.
So, I will need two more back premiums (Enright, Suckling?), three more midfield premiums (Swan, Chapman and someone else) and two more forward premiums (?). Considering the lack of forward options, I might just have a rookie fwd/mid DPP on the midfield bench and leave Chapman in the forward line.

Windigo

18 trades left? Hm. Going to 16....

LaHug

Yeah, it sucks, but I'm set up to have roughly 5 left with a fully premium team (barring LTIs).

Windigo

LaHug

And now, because I have a test tomorrow, DT trades are back on my mind...
I'm thinking of going Suckling this week (as per my original post) and getting Chappy. Then Duigan to Hibberd next week.
Doing a quit bit of maths/logic, if I am going to have Suckling AND Enright at some stage, and if I'm getting Hibberd either this week or next week, Suckling and Chapman this week then Hibberd next week is BY FAR the most cost effective way (unless Duigan manages to get so far under his B/E that he plummets...)
Thoughts? Am I right in saying this? Are my trade plans actually any good?

Ziplock

yeah fair enough, only issue is if Duigan reaches his BE, you're really not going to want to trade him.

thatguy

Quote from: Ziplock on May 04, 2011, 09:54:56 AM
yeah fair enough, only issue is if Duigan reaches his BE, you're really not going to want to trade him.
its a big IF tho...

Ziplock

well, it's not ridiculously unlikely, and by not trading him out he is kind of betting he will reach his BE.

LF

carlton is playing saints who are doing nothing this year so duigan making be is not totally out of the question.

Ziplock

unless you consider he's defence... if saints get completely curb stomped, his scoring may be adversely affected.

yorgis

saints gotta hit a bit of form sooner or later