FMDT BOYD VS SWAN.

Started by TMurphBROWNLOW, May 01, 2011, 05:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMurphBROWNLOW

they're going head to head... they're going to take points off each other... they won't score well :( worst possible scenario!

BratPack

FMSC. But I have Cross not Boyd in DT  ;D

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: BratPack on May 01, 2011, 05:52:21 PM
FMSC. But I have Cross not Boyd in DT  ;D

at least cross is killing it. his score atm is better than my boys put together :(

Justin Bieber

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 01, 2011, 05:51:00 PM
they're going head to head... they're going to take points off each other... they won't score well :( worst possible scenario!
How more wrong could you be? ;). Have you seen the last 3 times they've played each other, ALWAYS head to head with each other. They've racked up ALOT of possession between them making them great choices for Captain (don't have figured but remembered both have racked up like 30+ possessions in the last 3 Pies vs Dogs games or close enough)!

*Peace Out Pplz.

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 01, 2011, 06:04:50 PM
Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 01, 2011, 05:51:00 PM
How more wrong could you be? ;). Have you seen the last 3 times they've played each other, ALWAYS head to head with each other. They've racked up ALOT of possession between them making them great choices for Captain (don't have figured but remembered both have racked up like 30+ possessions in the last 3 Pies vs Dogs games or close enough)!

*Peace Out Pplz.

shouldnt they cancel each other out though? one will dominate the other will fall???

modify: shower you're right hahaha they are doing well! :)

Justin Bieber

You would think that. But as they are players who can get their own ball, they will play against each other but there is no tag. There main focus is to get the ball. They would cancel each other out if they were there just to shut each other down, but they don't know how to do that :P. I'm happy for them to play against each other if they can produce previous performances, especially Boyd (Don't have Swan). They are workhorses, so they'll be going until the end, not always playing right next to each other, so room to move and get the ball. So in the end (Think I've gone around in circles) as they get their own ball, they will still rack the possessions up over the game.

*Peace Out Pplz.

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 01, 2011, 06:27:49 PM
You would think that. But as they are players who can get their own ball, they will play against each other but there is no tag. There main focus is to get the ball. They would cancel each other out if they were there just to shut each other down, but they don't know how to do that :P. I'm happy for them to play against each other if they can produce previous performances, especially Boyd (Don't have Swan). They are workhorses, so they'll be going until the end, not always playing right next to each other, so room to move and get the ball. So in the end (Think I've gone around in circles) as they get their own ball, they will still rack the possessions up over the game.

*Peace Out Pplz.

you learn something new everyday :)

what's the case with gibbs and goodes though? head to head but both couldnt get their hands on it at all....

Justin Bieber

Gibbs was played as a tagger on Goodes (Back tagger). Goodes played as a KPP so can expect the odd low score when paid very close attention. Gibbs main goal was to limit Goodes where possible, not to go for the ball (usually plays that Sweeper role across half back when he is there but for some reason was played as a tagger). Guess they kinda took each other out of the game as they are both effective players. I was suprised Gibbs played on Goodes but guess Ratts knew what he was doing to limit Goodes on HF. I didn't have either so didn't pay as much attention to them as I should have so may not be correct with the above view, so don't hold me to it :P.

*Peace Out Pplz.

DT87

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 01, 2011, 06:27:49 PM

*Peace Out Pplz.

+1

According to Fantasy Freako, in the last three Swan vs Boyd matchups, Swan has averaged 35 disposals, Boyd has averaged 34. Both teams will probably be looking to get the ball to them more than any other players on the field, so if anything I think they benefit from the matchup.

TMurphBROWNLOW

best advice i've received on the site :) hands down! thanks!

browny_wce

Swan keeps bloody handballing n Boyd can't get near it

LaHug

Well, that didn't work out as well as DT coaches would've hoped. I can now get Swan in three weeks for <<$500k, so I'm happy. But Boyd's score was one of many that was too low in my team this week. Pendles didn't help either.

yorgis

swans last 3 scores against doggies 157, 128, 143  dt

boyds last 3 scores against pies    107, 143, 128,  d

just goes to show you can't always go by past history

BratPack

ME LOVE YOU DANIEL CROSS  ;D

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: yorgis on May 01, 2011, 08:45:23 PM
swans last 3 scores against doggies 157, 128, 143  dt

boyds last 3 scores against pies    107, 143, 128,  d

just goes to show you can't always go by past history

you'd expect one of them to at least break the ton!!! >:(