Ablett

Started by someguy, May 01, 2011, 04:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

someguy

Has played 4 games this year and has only tonned up once (115 vs Dogs). Is he still a top 6 DT mid?

LaHug

Quote from: someguy on May 01, 2011, 04:53:46 PM
Has played 4 games this year and has only tonned up once (115 vs Dogs). Is he still a top 6 DT mid?
No. I'd prefer to get Rischitelli if I was getting a premium GC mid.

Holz

im going to get pendles or hodge over him unless he can start turning it around. Im trying to get rid of all my GC players as soon as possible.

bundyboy

will get better as GC get better....but top 5 mids ??  not quite sure this year .....

matt1985

I'd rather get Dutin Martin before GAJ.

Footy God

I could name 20 mids that will average more than him and I will. He is isn't going to get hte same numbers he did at Cats EVER, atleast until someone else from GC stands up, and they look out for him more. Will be a good pick next year.

Pick any of these before him:
Swan
Pendles
J.Selwood
Bartel
Chappy
Martin
Mundy
Watson
Stanton
Boyd
Montagna
NDS
Goddard
Rockliff
Mitchell
Murphy
Judd
Scott Thompson
A.Swallow
Jack
Griffen

They will all average 100, I could probably add a few more to that list.  Ablett will average 90-100, which means he will not make the top 20 mids (list of 20 above). You really only want to trade in a mid that will average top 10 atleast for the rest of the year.

Holz

i dont trust the GC boys anymore if they come up against a good team and get owned by 100 points i cant see anyone scoring 100+ consistently and thats what you want from a mid upgrade. Thats why im looking at brinigin in mids from collingwood or gellong.

LaHug

Agree with all but Goddard in that list...

yorgis

i'll only jump on him if he gets to 1/2 price. the little shower has'nt got selwood, bartel, kelly and co. to help him amass high scores, he has to do it himself

TMurphBROWNLOW

this is something i'm worrying about a lot :( strongly considered putting him in until now.

someguy

Quote from: yorgis on May 01, 2011, 05:13:32 PM
i'll only jump on him if he gets to 1/2 price. the little shower has'nt got selwood, bartel, kelly and co. to help him amass high scores, he has to do it himself

I've always been one to say that Ablett was overrated. He was protected and fed the ball at Geelong, but as you have said he's struggling to do it alone at GC. Certainly no Judd.

TMurphBROWNLOW

the move really exposed him!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: LaHug on May 01, 2011, 04:57:58 PM
Quote from: someguy on May 01, 2011, 04:53:46 PM
No. I'd prefer to get Rischitelli if I was getting a premium GC mid.
Same here as I'm a big fan of Riska at GC. He's been there most consistent performer and should be favourite for their B&F. But unless he drops lower, I may look at other options maybe. Never been a huge fan of Ablett. as others said, he has nobody besides Riska and brennan to back him up in the midfield, so he doesn't have the ball just handed to him. He has to work ALOT harder than he did at the Cats so will test him. We'll see come after the Suns second bye though before we shut the door fully. Give him some time to hopefully show something more.

*Peace Out Pplz.