Main Menu

Iles

Started by someguy, May 01, 2011, 04:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

someguy

Scored 47 against Port and is currently sitting on 63 at 3 qtr time against the Bombers. Will be on the bubble next week, anyone looking at picking him up? If so then who for?

yorgis

he came 3rd in box hill hawks' b & f and won suns b & F. was eyeing him off at the start but had to go for swallow and harris who was just to cheap to let go. will def consider him next week

LaHug

As a defender, HELL YEAH!

someguy

Quote from: LaHug on May 01, 2011, 04:22:00 PM

Unfortunately only listed as a midfielder (although FF lists him as a back).

LaHug

Quote from: someguy on May 01, 2011, 04:25:56 PM
Quote from: LaHug on May 01, 2011, 04:22:00 PM

Unfortunately only listed as a midfielder (although FF lists him as a back).
I knew it was too good to be true! Pass then.

newfreofan

I'd love to pick him up, but it's Duigan's time to go and I want to pick up Mundy for Ward, so I can't work it. There'll be other mid downgrade targets.

TMurphBROWNLOW

bewick's gotta go if he isn't named this week, for wallis or iles though?

Justin Bieber

Personally, I'd look at Iles ahead of Wallis as he took a while to get in and is currently being used as a forward (effective without tocuhing the ball). But a toss of the ball ;).

I was really considering Iles but none of my midfield rookies are ready to be cashed in, so I have to pass :'(.

*Peace Out Pplz.

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 01, 2011, 06:11:35 PM
Personally, I'd look at Iles ahead of Wallis as he took a while to get in and is currently being used as a forward (effective without tocuhing the ball). But a toss of the ball ;).

I was really considering Iles but none of my midfield rookies are ready to be cashed in, so I have to pass :'(.

*Peace Out Pplz.

would you do bewick to iles?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 01, 2011, 06:24:02 PM

*Peace Out Pplz.
Think he'll back back anytime soon? He hasn't really gained much cash so a tad sideways (but if you have the trades in the pocket, why not?). His JS isn't great and could consider the downgrade. To who, I don't know. Who are you leaning to? Both have suspectable JS in their teams. Wallis though hasn't been able to rack up the possessions as well as Iles has which is worrying. But he may be like Conca where he played in a pocket before moving into the midfield and scoring pretty well. I'd be leaning moreso to Iles at this stage but I'll watch Wallis closely this game to see where he's being used and how he is scoring (Right now in the forward pocket). Hopefully that helps :).

*Peace Out Pplz.

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 01, 2011, 06:32:37 PM
Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 01, 2011, 06:24:02 PM

*Peace Out Pplz.
Think he'll back back anytime soon? He hasn't really gained much cash so a tad sideways (but if you have the trades in the pocket, why not?). His JS isn't great and could consider the downgrade. To who, I don't know. Who are you leaning to? Both have suspectable JS in their teams. Wallis though hasn't been able to rack up the possessions as well as Iles has which is worrying. But he may be like Conca where he played in a pocket before moving into the midfield and scoring pretty well. I'd be leaning moreso to Iles at this stage but I'll watch Wallis closely this game to see where he's being used and how he is scoring (Right now in the forward pocket). Hopefully that helps :).

*Peace Out Pplz.

i think i'll save the trade cuz i only have 20 left. bewick best JS (when fit) of the three?

Justin Bieber

I honestly have no clue on the Lions so not the right man to ask! I'm not sure but he'd have to fight to get back in I would assume being a rookie. I didn't even know who Bewick was before he was named round 1 (but never considered him) :P.

Wallis took a while to get into the side and may keep it if he fits their structure. Iles was brought in a few rounds in but has been great for the Suns since so I'd say they'd have reasonable JS, with Iles having more than Wallis (due to the sheer class of the midfields of their teams and the depth). However, Suns may experiment with their lineups so who knows who'll stay in and who'll go :P. But Eade hasn't shown alot of love to rookies of past years, but this year he seems to have turned a cheek. But he can certainly turn back when he has to! :(. It's a toss of a coin really as anything can happen with Rookies.

*Peace Out Pplz.

LaHug

Eade's job is hanging by a thread, so if a rookie doesn't perform, they'll have to be out.
GC rookies will probably be rotated through, but if they perform well (like Iles is), they should hold their spots.
Brisbane is in the rebuilding stage, so performing rookies will hold their spots. Bewick on dropped because of the hit last week. He'll be back and will perform. I'd hold him.

hardnut

Ilse is in GCS best 22, interrupted pre-season kept him out in early rounds and I'd expect him to get better. I'd be stunned if Bewick doesn't come straight back in this week, I think he was touch and go for playing. Wallis for mine will be a bit in/out but I'd expect him t be given at least a coupe more before getting a rest.

Non of my mid-rookies have topped out so I'll probably hold but would get Ilse over Wallis if trading

Andrew

I think trading Bewick out is premature. I agree that he should be back this week v Gold Coast and as such chalk up at least 60 points, putting him back on the rise. Iles is a former AFL player so not a bad pick if you need a midfield downgrade, but my next downgrades will be Hibberd and/or Harper.