Main Menu

Survival

Started by RiOtChEsS, May 01, 2011, 10:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

Quote from: Marcz on May 14, 2011, 02:02:40 PM
some jokes last forever ;D

in all seriousness tho im a Blues Fan so the only interest i have in this is the betterment of our state ;)

Come on Chief Juicy Fruits It is old tho

RiOtChEsS

McRooster

Yeap  :'(

Morning radio is confirming that the take over my happen as quickly as today.

RiOtChEsS

Boomz

Port & North should hurry up & merge & move to tassie.

Wes Mantooth

The sanfl are the issue, if we could flower them off, we'll be okay.

i hate leigh whicker, evil prick

McRooster

Andrew 'The Devil' Demetriou has bank rolled the immediate future of the Power courtesy of the TV rights sale.
There will be NO merger and SA will continue to foster two AFL teams loooooong into the foreseeable future.

Demetriou has corporate personal interest in the move of Port to Adelaide Oval and had delved into the coffers to sustain the Power until then.
My understanding is that he foresaw the cash strapped club struggling some time ago and the AFL's last injection to the Power was purely designed to keep them afloat until the Adelaide Oval decision was finalised by members.
His interests sure are about a prosperous AFL but also about the builders that have contractual alignments ahead of the redevelopment at Adelaide Oval. He jumped on board initially under the cloak of 'help Port Adelaide' but was more interested in seeing that his corporate buddies pockets were potentially going to be filled ahead of the Soccer World Cup announcement.

Andrew does not care that Port had only 16k at it's last home match, he won't even care if it only gets 16k attendance at Adelaide Oval - his mates will be looked after and in turn so will he  ;)

Why did three board members recently resign at Alberton? Conscience, integrity or dis-illusionment perhaps, or maybe they believed in the Creed rather than the Greed.

I love to hate you Port Adelaide and if you go (even in 10yrs time) I will miss you.  :'(

Wes Mantooth

roo boys!

Quote from: BOOMZ on May 31, 2011, 07:34:16 PM
Port & North should hurry up & merge & move to tassie.
Not going to happen, I can say that now.

I really support North's idea to play 6 games over 3 seasons in Tassie, will be enough to get a fair bit of cash going towards clearing the debt and also will be enough to gain plenty more members and supporters I think.

It is a bit of an experimenting period, if it all goes fantastically then maybe, MAYBE they move their permanently, but I highly doubt it.

From the sounds of things, Port Adelaide FC sound like they have a guaranteed future, and despite the debt they have, they can still survive and thrive IMO. You are always going to get a decent amount of supporters guaranteed if there is only 2 teams in your state.

I think the AFL would much rather bring in a Tasmanian team then move one of the existing ones there.

McRooster

Good news is too, with this cash injection, Chad Cornes may rightly get a recall. ;)

Having their supertars play, Cornes, Ebert, Salopek and co. may just get a few more bums on seats and actually turn out the 2.5 million that Mark haysman has forecasted over the next 3 yrs.

Look, I'm probably revealing more than I should here due to the priveleged circle I have (and in Roosters Rumours in the FB) but let me assure you my sources are trusted, secure and true. One is a Port player and the other is a high ranking SANFL/AFL official.

If in any way m0nty or Pros, if you feel this may be slanderous or too revealing then please immediately delete. My only point is to voice the challenge that Port faces getting butts on seats - something ALL of SA footy needs.

RiOtChEsS

love ur work Mc 8) i prefer Darth Demetriou but will settle for the devil :P

ossie85

I really want Port Adelaide to stay in the AFL. Would be a body-blow for the AFL to lose a Sth Aust team.

but should they?

Is the AFL continuing to bail out clubs actually causing a poverty cycle? Clubs don't have much incentive to improve if they know the AFL will ensure their safety.

If Port Adelaide, North Melbourne, Melbourne, the Dogs, etc continue to post loss, after loss, after loss... as sad as it maybe, if they can't survive on their own merit... surely the cord needs to be cut.

Boomz

roo boys!

Quote from: ossie85 on June 01, 2011, 11:47:51 AM

I really want Port Adelaide to stay in the AFL. Would be a body-blow for the AFL to lose a Sth Aust team.

but should they?

Is the AFL continuing to bail out clubs actually causing a poverty cycle? Clubs don't have much incentive to improve if they know the AFL will ensure their safety.

If Port Adelaide, North Melbourne, Melbourne, the Dogs, etc continue to post loss, after loss, after loss... as sad as it maybe, if they can't survive on their own merit... surely the cord needs to be cut.
Us and Melbourne are well and truly on the up though, it must be said...

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: ossie85 on June 01, 2011, 11:47:51 AM

but should they?

dude despite the crowds, its the aami stadium deal and sanfl that are killing us. the crows have one of th largest memberships in the afl, yet still take very little from the gate whilst the sanfl takes majority of it.