Riewoldt to Chappy smart ??

Started by chaosAD, April 30, 2011, 11:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosAD

Chappy is a freak and Roo is playing terrible dis interested footy in a shower side do i get chappy while i can ???

Fenno

Everyone wants or should want chappy eventually but this isn't the way to get him. Reiwoldt will come good. He was off the field for half the game tonight and when he was on it wasn't the greatest conditions for a forward like him tonight it rained all day long in Adelaide.

Johnnysd

yet Tippett destroyed them? Roo has lost his passion and needs a kick up the arse. Roo to Chapman is looking mighty sweet right about now...

Fenno

Im just saying normaly wet and big guys don't mix. Tippett was an exeption. I think I would know if it has been raining all day in Adelaide aswell considering I live there.

someguy

Quote from: Fenno on April 30, 2011, 11:45:07 PM
Everyone wants or should want chappy eventually but this isn't the way to get him. Reiwoldt will come good. He was off the field for half the game tonight and when he was on it wasn't the greatest conditions for a forward like him tonight it rained all day long in Adelaide.

+1

WillDel

Quote from: someguy on May 01, 2011, 12:08:54 AM

+1

+2

Sammocorw

Tippett seemed to cope alright!

Cicjose

Quote from: Sammocorw on May 01, 2011, 01:45:50 AM

+1

Chopps

it was sucky weather in Adelaide, some times big guys have a good day in the wet doesn't normally turn out that way

thatguy

Quote from: Cicjose on May 01, 2011, 04:02:24 AM
Quote from: Sammocorw on May 01, 2011, 01:45:50 AM

+1
;D

Andrew

This has a huge temptation to it. Mainly because even if Riewoldt gets his arse back into gear, he's unlikely to score the 110+ scores that Chappy is very capable of right now. The averages of the two don't compare currently (even before last night) and it's only going to be a $100k upgrade - you'll be paying much more elsewhere for the must-have Chapman. And if he's must-have, then getting him earlier the better? Premium key position forwards only exist in the top 4 sides for mine - and I don't think St. Kilda are one of them this season. Franklin/Pavlich the exceptions (they play a bit of midfield from time-to-time), but then again both their teams do look like pushing top 4 this season.

I'm 50/50 on this one.

pinochio

Agree with u Andy! :P

For 100k you get an increase of 80 to 110+....seems alright to me???
...just seems the saints look more dangerous without roo in the team :S

Andrew

Quote from: pinochio on May 01, 2011, 01:17:28 PM
Agree with u Andy! :P

For 100k you get an increase of 80 to 110+....seems alright to me???
...just seems the saints look more dangerous without roo in the team :S

That was picked up very early by the commentators, too. He's not just out of form, he looks disinterested and unhappy. When Riewoldt's get like that, you know they'll be spudding it :P

Why I'm probably more tempted than others to do this is that I've got Adam Goodes as well who scored a 47. So glad this isn't a DT league round because I surely would go down with premiums scoring like that..! Carrying both seems like too great a burden when the relief of Chapman is not that far away...

pinochio

I also have goodes...so u leaning towards to this trade???
....downgrading to harper/pederson or wallis in the process right??

Andrew

Quote from: pinochio on May 01, 2011, 01:35:57 PM
I also have goodes...so u leaning towards to this trade???
....downgrading to harper/pederson or wallis in the process right??

I've got $215k in the bank so I'll be able to do this without a downgrade. Oh money in the bank gives you so many more options..! I'm leaning towards doing it at the moment but there are still games to be played out and a week of training to be had. If you're needing a downgrade I'd look at Harper, yes, but also Luke Thompson & Hibberd. But maybe if you're needing to double trade to do the Chappy deal, it's too big a risk?