Whatdoyathink

Started by PowerBug, April 30, 2011, 07:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

SCROLL TO LAST POST!

I have 18 trades left and scored 2130 in round 5. Just need to know where i can improve:

BACKS: Gibbs , Adcock , Deledio , C.Cornes , Goddard , Heppell , Otten < Hibberd , Stanley , N.Lower >

MIDFIELD: Swan , Boyd , D.Swallow , Pittard , Harris , Curnow  < Goodes , Liberatore , Buckley >

RUCKS: Sandliands , Cox  < J.Tippett , McCauley >

FORWARDS: Didak , N.Riewoldt , Pavlich , Franklin , Matera , Higgins , Petrie  <Tapscott , Green , Prestia >

17 trades left and scored 1730 in round 6:

BACKS: Gibbs , Adcock , Deledio , Hibberd , Goddard , C.Cornes , Lower  < Heppell , L.Thompson , Stanley >

MIDFIELD: Swan , Liberatore , Boyd , D.Swallow , Pittard , Curnow  < Pavlich , Harris , Buckley >

FORWARDS: Tapscott , N.Riewoldt , Green , Petrie , Goodes , Didak , Matera < Higgins , Franklin , Prestia >

Ziplock

Backs: Gibbs (if he stops tagging), adcock, Lids, Goddard s'all good, Heppell may be a 7th keeper. Cornes was an absolute horrible trade, should be first player offloaded imo.
Mids: Boyd + Swan keepers, the others looking for viable upgrades + cashcows (get pav to fwds)
Rucks: Set
Fwd: Pretty much set once you sub prestia for Pav and downgrade petrie once he's peaked. (presuming green lifts his scoring)

Trades left to use barring injuries (for your field)

Backs-2, maybe 3
mids- 4, maybe 3 if curnow lifts
rucks- none
fwds- none when you sub pav in

so, you're looking at 5-7 upgrades. Considering you'll need to double trade for most of them, thats 10-14 trades to complete your team without injuries.

You could be in some serious trouble late season.

PowerBug

Know what you mean but i have Didak, Higgins, Goodes and Green that can play mids. I'll look to keep Heppell and Curnow and Swallow, but get two more premium mids before i settle. And i have $126,800 left over after the Thompson trade.

theswiz

powerbug, I know you think you're doing the right thing but you should actually listen and take peoples advice... Ziplock knows what he's on about. Everything I've read from you is just you arguing your case, but at the current point in time you have less trades than most and are not ranked high enough. I don't mean to be offensive but sometimes people need that wake up call to realise how to improve.
And yeah I have 20 trades left and am ranked 2,100.

PowerBug

My aim for the year is to finish as high as possible whilst trying to win my leagues. I know that i am not going to win the Toyota. Ziplock from what i've heard is a great coach, but i'm happy with where i'm at and i still believe that i can come top 10,000.

Andrew

Chad Cornes dropped this week. Sell him for Enright if possible. Then you'll be looking quite good.

PowerBug

Yeah, just replied with that comment on your team, too late.

Andrew

I'd get him out asap personally. He's doing you nothing.

PowerBug

Nah, i'll stick it out till round 12. I have cover, and he should come back.

PowerBug

What should happen to Ed Curnow? How long is he out for and who do i go to?

Ziplock

4 weeks. If you're tight on trades, may be worth keeping him until he returns...

PowerBug

15 trades left and scored 1973 in round 7. Overall position - 12,227:

BACKS: Gibbs , Adcock , Deledio , Hibberd , Goddard , Heppell , Lower  < C.Cornes, L.Thompson , Stanley >

MIDFIELD: Harris , Priddis , Boyd , D.Swallow , Pittard , Curnow  < Swan , Higgins , Buckley >

FORWARDS: Tapscott , J.Riewoldt , Green , Pavlich, Goodes , Franklin , Matera < Petrie , Didak , Prestia >

Ziplock

mmm... I suppose your mids are passable with the return of swan and higgins. 

It isn't really imperative for you to trade him out, are you looking at him as a keeper when he returns or CC? if CC, then you might as well trade him now.

PowerBug

Quote from: Ziplock on May 12, 2011, 11:52:15 AM
mmm... I suppose your mids are passable with the return of swan and higgins. 

It isn't really imperative for you to trade him out, are you looking at him as a keeper when he returns or CC? if CC, then you might as well trade him now.

Well i'm planning on trading him to Smith, but if Harris is out for longer then i'll trade out Harris instead.

PowerBug

15 trades left and scored 1934 in round 8. Overall position - 13,260:

BACKS: L.Thompson , Adcock , Deledio , Stanley , Goddard , Heppell , Lower  << C.Cornes, Hibberd , Gibbs >>

MIDFIELD: Swan , Priddis , Boyd , D.Swallow , Pittard , Goodes  << Curnow , Harris , Buckley >>

RUCKS: Sandliands , Cox  << J.Tippett , McCauley >>

FORWARDS: Tapscott , J.Riewoldt , Green , Pavlich, Petrie , Franklin , Didak << Matera , Higgins , Prestia >>