I took a punt and traded Curnow out

Started by trjd81, April 29, 2011, 09:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

mmmm, ok, for league it's not as bad.

mcwarne

You are suppose to cash in players who start to wane with their scores and struggle to hold their place. Curnow is going ahead in leaps and bounds and is fast becoming a keeper. Overall or league only, your loss I'm afraid.

LaHug

I don't think he's becoming a keeper. If he was backs or forwards, then maybe, but not a mid keeper. However, WAY too early to get rid of him.

Capper

Quote from: trjd81 on April 29, 2011, 10:18:52 PM
It isn't a joke.  Curnow had a break even of 30 before the round started, and Polec's was -37.  Curnow has already increased by close to 160K, so I decided to cash in - plus has the bye in 2 rounds time.

I am not devastated with the decision, but need Polec to score a minimum of 50 for it to work.  BTW, Polec is a gun - remember he was the Lions first pick in the draft last year, and he is in a pretty young midfield, so will get plenty of chances.

WOW!!!! I spose the only upside is that the lions run from here is STK(H), RIC(A), GC(H), ESS(H), NM(H), ADE(A)

Andrew

Quote from: LaHug on April 29, 2011, 11:44:03 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on April 29, 2011, 11:33:09 PM
I'm just saying, unless you need cash fast and desperately, you keep your highest averaging rookies the longest, as they'll make you the most cash, and give you the most points if/when you need to field them.
+1

+2. Yet surely Curnow is bordering keeper status for most sides. I was nervous about having only 3 premiums in my midfield but the gun rookies are doing a great scoring job. I'll upgrade elsewhere and back my mids in for another 3-4 weeks.

browny_wce

Hahahahaha
Polec will never come close to aveaging Curnows score n therefore Curnow will keep making more than Polec
U just traded coz Polec was on the bubble

Barlow 21

Very Poor Trade. :(
If you are going for league you should be milking your cows as late as possible. Curnow should be kept
until he reaches $400k at least.

Flame

Bad move..Curnow hasn't done anything to let us down...at all!!!

LaHug

+1 to every comment with the words "poor" or "bad" preceding "trade". Every time I see this post, I vom a little...

Master Q

Chopps

Quote from: Master Q on April 30, 2011, 03:33:43 PM
You pulled a Dr Dream Team
Haha that's harsh what happened to that muppet not seeing any articles after the Rd 4 stupidity, curnow to police isn't as bad certainly not a great move

LaHug

Quote from: Master Q on April 30, 2011, 03:33:43 PM
You pulled a Dr Dream Team
+1 because I agree, +1 because that was hilarious
therefore, +2

Master Q

You burnt a trade. Rookies can be keepers  :P

just a gun

Quote from: mcwarne on April 29, 2011, 11:45:03 PM
Man I would have never admitted to that! The name of the game is to upgrade or save trades. You used a trade to downgrade!!

downgrades are important u need them to upgrade, even if u do the upgrade in a differt week, allthough there would have been better choices. this coment annoyed me

LF

this actually reminds me of powermans thread on trading out barlow last year :)